YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Muffin (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 213 (213 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Beatrice (last edited Feb 08, 2017 10:26PM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Hello Team Muffin! Kindly check in before February :)

Team Members:
Beatrice - ✔️
Katrina - ✔️
Maddison - ✔️
Irena - ✔️
Ariel - ✔️

Team Muffin Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Categories:
- A couple on the cover
- Flowers on the cover
- Envelope or greetings card on the cover
- Food on the cover
- A ring or jewellery on the cover
- A candle on the cover
- Hearts on the cover
- A red cover
- A romance novel
- A book first published in February
- "Date" in the title
- "Love" in the title
- "Secret" in the title
- "Cupid" in the title
- "Kiss" In the title
- Book with an average rating of 4 or more
- Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
- Book from this list - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Here are my BR for Feb (feel free to join if you like):
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum (2/8)
Finding It (Losing It, #3) by Cora Carmack (2/8)
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen (2/14)
Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1) by Emma Chase Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2) by Emma Chase Appealed (The Legal Briefs, #3) by Emma Chase Sidebarred (The Legal Briefs, #3.5) by Emma Chase (2/18)

I'm also planning to read these books on Feb:
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons, #3) by Christina Lauren Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) by Raine Miller The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3) by Jessica Lemmon Every Little Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #2) by Samantha Young

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I'm here! :)

message 4: by Maddie (last edited Jan 24, 2017 05:46PM) (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46606 comments Mod
I'm here too :D
I plan on reading City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare (over 4.0 average)
Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) by Brandon Mull (over 4.0)
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2) by Sara Raasch (title starting with I)
The Calling (Endgame, #1) by James J. Frey (doesn't count)
The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye (MP romance, so does this count?)
Rising Storm (Warriors, #4) by Erin Hunter (above 4.0)
King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard (above 4.0 and crown (jewellery) on cover)
Day 21 (The 100, #2) by Kass Morgan (doesn't count)

Thank gosh for that above 4.0 category!

message 5: by Maddie (last edited Jan 24, 2017 05:36PM) (new)

Also not sure how much of those I'll actually get read next month because I'm moving into a flat for university, so I'll need to actually move all of my stuff down there.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22709 comments Mod
Maddison wrote: "I'm here too :D
I plan on reading City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare (over 4.0 average)
Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) by Brandon Mull (over 4.0)
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2) by Sara Raasch (title starting w..."

(Sorry to jump in your thread)

Maddison The Calling does count because it starts with a T. You can count 'The' in the VALENTI. ^-^

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Oh thank Bookbuyer! XD Did you just happen to check in this thread?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22709 comments Mod
Maddison wrote: "Oh thank Bookbuyer! XD Did you just happen to check in this thread?"

I snoop on all the threads so I saw your comment. :)

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm here! I'm excited to start this challenge! :)

message 10: by Katrina (last edited Jan 24, 2017 06:23PM) (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Hey Maddison, I checked to see if there was a way for Day 21 (The 100, #2) by Kass Morgan to count and I found this edition that starts the title with "The 100". https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

You may want to check with Sarah first, but I think if you use that edition it should count since it starts with the letter T

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments We're all in! :)

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Oh awesome! It's just that that's the series name haha. I'll give a check thanks!

message 13: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh awesome! It's just that that's the series name haha. I'll give a check thanks!"

That's why I thought it best to check with Sarah, because I wasn't sure if they would take the series name lol. I'm glad she cleared it though :)

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Yeah it's awesome :)

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Just started two books for Feb :)

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Awesome :) I'm debating whether jumping into Origins (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith , as it's short and will start me off with points for a few of the February challenges, or if I just dive into City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare . It's quite a big book though, and I'd like points XD So thinking about that one. Either way, I don't want to read any more tonight because UNO challenge starts then, and books started before then don't count XD

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments @Maddison what is that UNO challenge? Is that in some other group?

I started one book for this challenge.
I also have buddy read for Freeks by Amanda Hocking but I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

message 18: by Maddie (new)

uno is in another group yeah xD

ah Coolio. I've got quite a few reads this month but probably won't read many

message 19: by Maddie (new)

I'm moving to another city for uni, moving into a unit with my boyfriend, so we've got to get all of our stuff moved down there and settled in, and gotta set up power and all of that crazy adult stuff XD Going to be so weird not living with parents anymore.

message 20: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83367 comments Mod
Adding Ariel to your team ☺

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sarah wrote: "Adding Ariel to your team ☺"

Cool! Thanks! :)

message 22: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Hi, all! I'm excited to get started!

message 23: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments What I am doing this month:

BR: Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Not BR:
Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3) by Lauren DeStefano (Pub in Feb)
Puppy Love by A. Destiny (Love in title)
Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig (Starts with L)
Teach Me to Forget by Erica M. Chapman (Starts with T)
What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (Over 4.0 Rating

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Hi Ariel, I'll join you for The Glittering Court. I planned to read it last month, but didn't have enough time.

message 25: by Irena BookDustMagic (last edited Feb 02, 2017 02:57AM) (new)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments These are the books I'll read during February (feel free to buddy read if you can, but let me know so we can make a thread):
Freeks by Amanda Hocking (buddy read in early February)
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (buddy read from 11th on)
The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead (buddy read on 2nd (I think))
The Witchfinder's Sister by Beth Underdown - I don't have a buddy read, but I have to finish it before 23rd
My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella I don't have a buddy read, but I have to finish it before 17th
The Owl Always Hunts At Night by Samuel Bjørk I don't have buddy read, and I plan to start it after 20th
Paris for One and Other Stories by Jojo Moyes - I don't have buddy read (I'm looking for buddy) and I plan to read it any time during February.

message 26: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5769 comments Irena wrote: "These are the books I'll read during February (feel free to buddy read if you can, but let me know so we can make a thread):
Freeks by Amanda Hocking (buddy read in early February)
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater and this thread came up. I'm currently reading this one but I could wait if u want to BR it?

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Cinthia wrote: "Irena wrote: "These are the books I'll read during February (feel free to buddy read if you can, but let me know so we can make a thread):
Freeks by Amanda Hocking (buddy read in early February)..."

Hi Cinthia, you're currently reading Linger, if I understood correctly.
Or you're reading both Freeks and Linger?

In any case, there are buddy reads scheduled for both books. This is the thread for
Freeks by Amanda Hocking https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
I don't think Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater has a thread yet, but I know that the series readalong starts February 11th, so you can join us then, but if it's too far away for you, I complitely understand.

message 28: by Maddie (new)

Oh wow there's a series readalong for the Shiver series?! I'm actually about to start Linger in a few days! I finished Shiver yesterday. I've got a thread for it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... but I'll try and hold off on Linger until then. Hhhmmm now I might have to shuffle some challenges' around.

message 29: by Maddie (new)

I'll be starting Linger on the 11th though, not Shiver. If I posted my updates on there for Linger, will everyone get really confused?

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Maddison wrote: "I'll be starting Linger on the 11th though, not Shiver. If I posted my updates on there for Linger, will everyone get really confused?"
I don't think they will. You just make sure to write your update is for Linger and everything should be fine!
I'll participate in that buddy read too. :)

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Awesome :D Actually is there any point in joining the big buddy read when Coreen and I have our own? We're still all getting points for it XD

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Maddison wrote: "Awesome :D Actually is there any point in joining the big buddy read when Coreen and I have our own? We're still all getting points for it XD"

If you have your own, then it doesn't matter, as long as it counts as buddy read. :)

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Haha yeah I just realised. We'd all be counting it as a br anyway so we'd get the points XD

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Okay so I planned on only getting 4 points out of Origins, as it's 237 pages and a buddy, but I found an edition with 608 pages XD Not sure if it'll count, but it's not an ebook format, so I could even get 12 out of it!

message 35: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments So with the editions we just post the link to the highest page count, right? Even if it's in a different language?

message 36: by Maddie (new)

Sure do :D Just as long as it isn't an ebook edition.

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments That's amazing, Maddison! I hope it will work! ;)
I'll finish my first book today. I have less then 100 pg left, only it's not buddy read, so will get us 3 points.

message 38: by Maddie (new)

It worked :D 12 points for us!

Oh well :D We'll try stay on top haha. I'll get a little more read tomorrow. I'm 12% through City of Ashes, so that should give us at least another 10 points as it's a br too and there should be lots of big editions :D

message 39: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Maddison wrote: "Sure do :D Just as long as it isn't an ebook edition."

Ebook editions count just the same as hard copies. It's ibooks that won't count for points :)

message 40: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I have a final I have to take today, so I haven't really been able to read anything yet since I've been focusing on studying. But as soon as I get home, I'll jump in to the books I have planned :)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments That's okay Katrina. Good luck in your study! :)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Good news: I found the version for book I finished with 512 pages, so we'll get 5 instead of 3 points! :D

message 43: by Maddie (new)

Oh sweet! :D It's such a good feeling being able to count a book for more points than the pages you read XD Like getting those 12 points where I thought I was only getting 4 :p

message 44: by Maddie (new)

We're still top of the leaderboard with our 20 points. Great work team :D I think the next group has 7. I'm secretly monitoring their review threads so I can see :p

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Me too! :P But that other group has some fast readers, so we have to keep up bc they can catch us pretty fast .

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Like Bookbuyer :p That's one thing that's frustrating, because they read fast but they're still allowed in medium groups. But I believe we can keep up!

message 47: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments I'm not the fastest reader and sometimes I get swamped with grading BUT I have a good amount of Buddy reads that will hopefully help me pull my own weight!

message 48: by Maddie (new)

Same haha.

message 49: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm a super fast reader! On days that I don't have to worry about school, work, or studying, I can knock out about 3 books and start on a fourth. I just always sign up for medium teams in case I'm feeling slumpy at any time. I should have a couple reviews ready to go by Saturday or Sunday at the latest

message 50: by Maddie (new)

awesome!!

Ariels read a book now too so we've got 4 people already read a book :)

« previous 1 3 4 5