Christian Historical Fiction discussion

What was your favorite book read in 2016?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments Happy new year, friends! I'd love for ya'll to share with me the favorite book you read in the past year.
Out of all the Christian Historical books you read in 2016, which was your favorite?

message 2: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Lybbert | 5 comments Happy New Year. My favorite book read in 2016 was A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter. A Noble Masquerade (Hawthorne House, #1) by Kristi Ann Hunter

This book kept my attention from beginning to end. It was the first in a long time that a book drew me in so much that I didn't want to put it down. I just loved it.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments I just love that cover, Katrina. I'll have to give that one a try. :D I love books that just suck you in and won't let go, even though they tend to get me in trouble. lol.

message 4: by Georgianne (new)

Georgianne | 6 comments This was one of my fav series for the year.

message 5: by Katie (last edited Jan 23, 2017 06:59PM) (new)

Katie | 22 comments My favorite reads were: A Moonbow Night (Laura Frantz) A Moonbow Night by Laura Frantz (released this year, I read an ARC), The Mark of the King (Jocelyn Green) The Mark of the King by Jocelyn Green and my most favorite: Counted with the Stars (Connilyn Cossette) Counted With the Stars (Out from Egypt, #1) by Connilyn Cossette .

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments Great rundown, Katie! Those top two are on my TBR too.

message 7: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (bookexplorer) | 10 comments For me it was The Promise of Jesse Woods (Chris Fabry), Luther & Katharina (Jody Hedlund) and Secrets She Kept (Cathy Gohlke).

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments Oh, I want to read Luther and Katharina too! The one I really want to read by Jody Hedlund though is her new one, Newton and Polly. Newton and Polly A Novel of Amazing Grace by Jody Hedlund I was hoping my dropped hints would get me a copy for Christmas, but it didn't happen so I've got to get to a bookstore soon. :) Secrets She Kept looks great too!

message 9: by Georgianne (new)

Georgianne | 6 comments so many books so little time

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments I know!!! Have ya'll seen the two new books by Carrie Turanski and Elizabeth Camden? I must read these very soon!!!
Shine Like the Dawn by Carrie Turansky
To the Farthest Shores by Elizabeth Camden

message 11: by Georgianne (new)

Georgianne | 6 comments Yes, two of my fav authors!

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Lockledge (aggieland_deb) | 20 comments The Ancient Words series (Books 1&2) by A. M. Heath. Goodreads has the series incorrectly listed as The Ancient Worlds series, but if you pull up the book cover and enlarge it where the series name is clearly visible, you'll see the series name listed correctly.

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments Good catch, Debbie. Have you contacted a Goodreads Librarian about the issue?

message 14: by LadyS (new)

LadyS   (ladysugar_) | 1 comments Land of Silence By Tessa Ashfar. Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar this book is spectacular. The best book I've read not only in 2016 but in a long time.

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Pye (cindychandlerpye) | 13 comments My favorite from last year is Cheyenne Christmas by Caroline Lee. It is such a wonderful story that I didn't have to worry about skipping "scenes" since it is Christian Historical Fiction.

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments Haven't heard of Cheyenne Christmas before. I'll have to check it out.

I want to read something by Tessa Ashfar this year as well. I don't think I've read any of her stuff yet.

message 17: by Kris (new)

Kris | 1 comments I read beacons of hope series by Jody Hudson. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite from the series.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber Schamel (amberschamel) | 53 comments I read one of those last year too!