The Haters Club discussion

I hate looking like Velma.

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Howard (new)

Howard (HowardMittelmark) Sucks for you, but imagine how I must feel when people tell me the same thing.

Nonetheless, King is right, especially when played by the girl from Freaks & Geeks, and in contrast to Buffy.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I told you!!

Quick Poll: So you're stuck on a deserted island, after about 3 days (if that) you're going to be like "Please Daphne for the love of God! Please shut the F*$K up!!!" Who here wouldn't beg & plead to bring Velma? (plus King's right, Velma is way hotter).

p.s. Gentlemen, I've seen her in real life...Sarah is even hotter than Velma...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Comes Quietly raises an interesting point, largely because it presupposes that you're consciously bringing not so much a date as a potential victim...

I like the way you think Mr. Quietly.

Voting 70's Velma (& who's to say she's not going to be the one to bump me off & devour my corpse?)

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan At least it's not Peppermint Patty.

And I've also heard many boys find Velma hot. I think it's 'cause they think that nerdy girls are more "adventurous".

message 5: by Howard (new)

Howard (HowardMittelmark) I hate looking like Velcro.

message 6: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Velma's got that sexy/nerdy librarian thing goin'. It's the plaid skirt n knee socks. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm knee socks.

message 7: by Roy (new)

Roy (mplwdscribe) If she didn't dump me for being 3 dimensional I'd still be with Velma. Why'd she have to do me like that?

message 8: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

message 9: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Yes it was...and she had major league casabas. Hey....before you start pointing fingers....I'm a cartoon too, ya know.

The Cute Little Brown-haired girl Look at Tina Fey. She is the "brown haired, glasses wearing girl", but all my guy friends think she is hot. For me, brown hair and glasses and not being size 2 has been a good thing. Embrace your inner (and outter) nerd. Not everyone out there is a Shaggy.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

See, Gretchen, here is the thread where Seth said he doesn't look like Peter Scolari from Bosom Buddies.

And here's a picture of me wearing Alfonso's glasses and striking a Velma. I am very drunk:

[image error]

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments did you shut the bar down? it looks empty.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah. That was at like two am.

message 14: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (SashG) Montambo wrote: "See, Gretchen, here is the thread where Seth said he doesn't look like Peter Scolari from Bosom Buddies.

And here's a picture of me wearing Alfonso's glasses and striking a Velma. I am very drunk:..."

Stunning stuff! It's more fun when you raise your arms up like this, ah ha ha ha!

Sorry for jumping in.. but you took my breath away.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

You think that Velma picture is stunning?! Woah.

I'm actually growing my hair out and getting un-Velmaish glasses.

Oh man. Look at those posts from "deleted member." That was my boyfriend at the time! I'm so glad he's been deleted from my life, but there are these reminders everywhere.

Sorry. I think I'm too tired to post right now. I should just hightail it outta here.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I can totally see the Christina Ricci thing. Big eyes, big tits, cute little nose.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw, schucks.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I mean, "JINKIES!"

message 19: by Daniel (new)

Daniel I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me
And every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be
Well, how can I forget you, boy?
When there is always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 27, 2009 08:24AM) (new)

Exactly.

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments what does it mean Daniel?

Servius  Heiner THIS IS THE GHETTO! DEAD THREADS! NO MO POSTING!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a moderator, too, y'know.

message 24: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Gretchen wrote: "what does it mean Daniel?"

Nobody knows Gretchen, nobody knows.

Apparently I have stepped to new lows and am posting in the ghetto. It's actually fitting.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Why are you being controlling about this thread, Nick? I appreciate your tidy housekeeping, but if I wanna open an old thread, then so be it! It's fun!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

You're being mean.

message 27: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ha! Finally now I can post here. Not that I have much to say.

message 28: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Ok, now i'm just posting in here because Nick hates it.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 30, 2009 05:44PM) (new)

Team Montambo:
Dan
Kasia

message 30: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Team Nick:
a pair of used boxers
a sweaty sock

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori (TNBBC) OK, hold up.... Montambo.. off topic, Eugene is here. The guy you booted for his offensive racial remarks way back when. His new name is Gene, and he posted here in your thread, just thought I would let you know!

back to Velma... My hubby totally thinks shes hot. SO there's something to be said there. Blonde barbies wear and tear after awhile. Nerdishness is always refreshing!!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

What did "Gene" say?

message 33: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Montambo wrote: "What did "Gene" say?"

*dontmakeaDNAjoke**dontmakeaDNAjoke**dontmakeaDNAjoke**dontmakeaDNAjoke**dontmakeaDNAjoke**dontmakeaDNAjoke*

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

NERD!

message 35: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Montambo wrote: "NERD!"

Just because I am one class away from having a math degree, an engineer at work, read the classics, play call of duty online with my real life friend jim, and can fix just about any computer does not make me a nerd.

OK, yes it does.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't forget: Comic-Con EVERY year!

message 37: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Montambo wrote: "Don't forget: Comic-Con EVERY year!"

Heh heh oh yeah. I thought that was the cool side of me 8)

message 38: by Lori (new)

Lori (TNBBC) He is in post #12 here, Montambo. I just remember that you booted his ass for making "monkey" jokes... surely you will recall that?

Just a heads up, is all.

message 39: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (RustyShackleford) | 2274 comments That was pretty ingenius though; substituting the name Gene for Eugene. Keep an eye on that one.