What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA: A girl comes into possession of magic chalk [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dmitry (new)

Dmitry | 12 comments Looking for a title and the author of a book targeted at children 7-10 y.o.
Possibly by a Polish or Chech author
The main character is a girl of about 7-10 years old who comes into possession of a magic chalk which brings to life anything that is drawn with it. She has some adventures, and as I recall has to deal with magical foe who wants to steal the chalk.

I've checked out the following books already, but they they aren't what I'm looking for
Journey by Aron Becker
The Magic Chalk by Zinken Hopp
Chalk by Bill Thomson

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
The Red Chalk, perhaps?

message 3: by Dmitry (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:32AM) (new)

Dmitry | 12 comments Andria wrote: "The Red Chalk, perhaps?"

nope, but the color triggered a memory.
The chalk in my book was blue so I just found it!
it's a book by Polish author Maria Kruger about a girl Karolina
Found both in the same series "Blue Bead" (Karolcia) and "Hello Karolina" Karolcia. Witaj, Karolciu!
the series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/6585...Karolcia

Unfortunately don't see any English translations anywhere on the web, the book is from Eastern Block author during Cold War, so there may never been one.

message 4: by Andria (last edited Oct 25, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Yay! Glad you found it. I'll mark this thread as solved and add the book to our group shelves.

FYI - I'm adding it as a children's book, not YA, because according to the description the main character is only 9 years old.

message 5: by Dmitry (new)

Dmitry | 12 comments Thanks!

Andria wrote: "Yay! Glad you found it. I'll mark this thread as solved and add the book to our group shelves.

FYI - I'm adding it as a children's book, not YA, because according to the description the main char..."