What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Deathscent (Intrigues of the Reflected Realm, #1)
This topic is about Deathscent
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fictional book with a red cover about Elizabeth I reigning for over 100 years in an alternate universe. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) I saw this book in a second hand bookshop at the weekend. Didn't buy it because I saw other books I wanted more. Trouble is I forgot what it was called by the time I got home :/
Anyway, this book had a red cover with a zombie-like Queen Elizabeth I on the front. From the blurb, I remember it talked about the kingdom of Englandia made up of 31? islands and ruled by Elizabeth I for a long time (much longer than her actual reign). It may be book one in a series.
I think the author was Robin Something. I'm pretty sure the first name was Robin and possibly the surname began with a J. I definitely know that the author illustrated the front cover if that helps.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Deathscent Deathscent (Intrigues of the Reflected Realm, #1) by Robin Jarvis by Robin Jarvis sounds like it.

The cover illustration is pretty fantastic. I can see why it caught your eye.

message 3: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) Blimey, that was quick! Thank you, that was the book I saw. I am also amazed how much I remembered about this book even though I only saw it for about 30 seconds.
Going to move this to the solved folder now

message 4: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (queenboadicea) | 74 comments Wow. Ugh. You know, if this fictional queen actually looks like that, it plays into the stories of the real queen. Elizabeth I was incredibly vain about her looks and wouldn't allow any portraits to be painted that showed her real age once her looks started to fade. Every royal portrait painted of her during her lifetime shows her as a 20-something beauty with vibrant red hair and her face a still, unmoving mask--which is what you'd expect if they were all copies of the original.

message 5: by Rachael (last edited Feb 12, 2017 08:27AM) (new) - added it

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) Marsha wrote: "Wow. Ugh. You know, if this fictional queen actually looks like that, it plays into the stories of the real queen. Elizabeth I was incredibly vain about her looks and wouldn't allow any portraits t..."

It does seem intriguing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deathscent (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robin Jarvis (other topics)