Start by marking “Deathscent (Intrigues of the Reflected Realm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deathscent (Intrigues of the Reflected Realm, #1)

Deathscent

(Intrigues of the Reflected Realm #1)

Robin Jarvis’s latest creation is a world set in an alternate past. This strangely familiar Britain consists of ninety-three individual ‘blessed isles’ floating in the deep darkness and the story begins in December in the Gloriana Kalendar, when Elizabeth Tudor has reigned for one hundred and seventy-eight years.
Into this world – a place with no animals and little technolo
Published April 2nd 2001 by Collins Voyager (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Deathscent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathscent

Start your review of Deathscent (Intrigues of the Reflected Realm, #1)
Kirsty
Jul 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
although this was published in 2001, there's no information on Jarvis's website about the other two books in the trilogy. this is disappointing, as I enjoyed this and would like to read more. stop writing about mice and finish this trilogy!
Heather
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This is a childhood favourite of mine and it's been many a year since I first fell in love with this story.

Heart breaking, hilarious, clever, tense and intriguing - Deathscent has ever so much to offer. All these years later and I still can't accept what happened to Suet...

Robin Jarvis where are the other two books in this series! Shoddy. Eagerly awaiting them for a while now...!
Steve
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
A long, long time ago in a country far away, a young me found this whilst on holiday in his hotel room. I read it, I loved it. Having recently lent it to a friend who shared the same opinion as I, I've read it again as an adult and enjoyed it just as much.
A great read.
Octavia Hill
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can never really describe how much I love this book, it's probably my favourite ever. I just found it gripping and fascinating and beautiful and yeah. Read it c:
Matthew Hodge
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So here's something new ... Robin Jarvis has a crack at sci-fi in Deathscent.

I don't want to say too much about the story because not knowing where it is going is the best part about reading it. But what I will say is that Jarvis manages to combine Elizabethan England, sci-fi and steampunk into one detailed, spectacularly written piece of work. At all points, the story should have been a mess and yet it works perfectly.

The series title - of which this book sadly is the only one ever to have been
Ann
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nieuwe schrijver ontdekt, ik ben verkocht.
Edward Davies
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
I read this when it first came out and looked forward to reading the sequels, but Robin Jarvis mysteriously disappeared from the book writing world, leaving this and the Hagwood series incomplete. Since then he has started to finish off Hagwood, but there is no news on this. I enjoyed this alternate history story and found it slightly reminiscent of Arthur C Clarke's Childhood's End. A nice start to a series that may never be.
Tim Lucas
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favourite Robin Jarvis book so far (having read the Deptford Mice trilogy and the Whitby Trilogy). It is set in an extremely interesting world and has some of Jarvis' most loveable characters.
Nick
Jan 24, 2010
Robyn Jefferson
Jan 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3)
  • Kerosene
  • Retribution Falls (Tales of the Ketty Jay, #1)
  • Het water komt
  • The Iron Jackal (Tales of the Ketty Jay, #3)
  • The Ace of Skulls (Tales of the Ketty Jay, #4)
  • Poison
  • Endgame
  • The Black Lung Captain (Tales of the Ketty Jay, #2)
  • William Gibson's Alien 3
  • Camp
  • Fear
  • King of Ashes (The Firemane Saga #1)
  • The Psychology of Time Travel
  • Taste of Marrow (River of Teeth, #2)
  • The Empress of Salt and Fortune (The Singing Hills Cycle #1)
  • Servant of the Underworld (Obsidian and Blood, #1)
  • 地球星人
Robin Jarvis (born May 8, 1963) is a British children's novelist, who writes fantasy novels, often about anthropomorphic rodents and small mammals – especially mice – and Tudor times. A lot of his works are based in London, in and around Deptford and Greenwich where he used to live, or in Whitby.

His first novel – The Dark Portal, featuring the popular Deptford Mice – was the runner up for the Smar