Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2016 Challenge Archive > 2016 November Pick-It-For-Me! Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 162 (162 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Oct 19, 2016 09:58PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments 2016 November PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:
✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

✱✱ What kind of jewelry do you dream of receiving as a gift? ✱✱

Please only pick from these options:
Earrings
Bracelets
Necklaces

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES
For your convenience a Time Zone Converter.

You’ll have until October 28th (1 pm US EDT) to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ. If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Oct 19, 2016 09:58PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously.

A few hints to help with book selection:
Check the book’s publishing date. Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf) This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Oct 28, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments 2016 November PIFM Challenge - Pairings

Please pick for the person below you in each group, the last person in the group picks for the first person. For example, Vandhana picks for Brenda.

✓ = Picks made.
Updated through message #98.

Earrings:
Brenda
ThatEzi (Oh My Shelves) - review-books‎ or meet-greet-recs‎
Rebecca
Pam - pick-it-challenge‎
Elke - on-deck-4-chlges
Leigh - pick-it-for-me-challenge
~KarenH~ - cant-wait-to-read
Aneerah(Private)
Vandhana

Bracelets:
enqi ♡ (High Lady of the Night Court)
Ashley
☘KathyD☘ - cp-pick-it-for-me
MountainKat - to-read-asap
LaurLa - 04-challenges-to-pick
Rachel C. - must-read-by-end-of-2016
Susan A - pick-from-here

Necklaces:
Shelby - current-challenge-to-reads
Jojo - 2016-mng
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Fran(Private) - a-pifm-shelf
Jacquelyn
Aminko - picking-shelf‎
Sandra - pifm
Eunice
Pamela
Kait
Suzanne

Repicks:
Tink Magoo Picks for ThatEzi (Oh My Shelves) - review-books‎ or meet-greet-recs‎
MountainKat picks for Jojo - 2016-mng

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Oct 22, 2016 09:01PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments 2016 November PIFM Challenge - Rules

November is Real Jewelry Month! I don't know about you, but I LOVE jewelry! Shiny, sparkly wonderful jewelry! This month, our picks are based on the many different types of jewelry.

Please make sure you pick at least 4 new to them picks and at least 4 picks from their preferred or to-read shelf!

Ring: Pick a book with a ring or something round on the cover. Or pick a book with with a proposal or wedding in the story. (Because, well that is pretty obvious right?)

Earring: Select a book with an earring, an ear or something sharp/pointy on the cover. Or recommend a book with a musician or artist in the story. (You need ears for that right? Or at least one if you are Van Gogh!)

Necklace: Pick a book with a necklace on the cover or a book with a headless chest/torso on the cover. Or select a book with a MC who is in the military or former military. (Well, it's easier to put on a necklace without a head! =) And those in the military wear a necklace - with dog tags!)

Tiara/Crown: Recommend a book with a tiara or crown on the cover. Or pick a book historical romance or a book featuring royalty or an elite MC. (Who else wears tiaras?)

Bracelet: Select a book with a bracelet or hand on the cover. Or pick a book with a MC who uses their hands in the work. (Again, obvious.)

Anklet: Pick a book with an anklet or feet on the cover. Or recommend a book with a strong, kick-ass heroine. (Kick - feet, get it?!)

Cuff Links: Select a book with cuff links or a man in a suit/tux on the cover or a with a hero who has enough confidence to wear them even if he doesn't. (Real men don't need buttons!)

Medical Alert Jewelry: Pick a book with a MC with some sort of illness or disability or who works in the medical field. Or select a book with silver or black on the cover. (That is who wear and read them after all!)

Bonus Pick - Optional: Pick an extra new to them book with a cover the color or your birthstone or published in your birth month.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments 2016 November PIFM Challenge

message 7: by Vandhana (last edited Oct 19, 2016 10:11PM) (new)

Vandhana | 68 comments I am in :) and I choose Earrings :)

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 85 comments I'm in. Necklaces for me, please :)

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments Earrings for me please.

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 986 comments I'm in. Necklaces for me

message 11: by Eunice (last edited Oct 20, 2016 07:09AM) (new)

Eunice I choose necklaces. :) What's the question for though?

message 12: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments This is a tough one since I don't wear jewelry... I'm going to have to go with necklaces.

message 13: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments I am in!

Earrings for me!!

Please pick from my On deck 4 chlges

message 14: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Oct 20, 2016 08:35AM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I'm in! (private profile)

Necklaces for me :)

PIFM Shelf

message 15: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn | 5 comments I'm in!

And it would be a Necklace for me :)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1795 comments I'm in. This was a tough one but I'm going to go with necklace.

message 17: by LaurLa (new)

message 18: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2052 comments I'm in and I'm a necklace girl!

message 19: by Sandra (last edited Oct 20, 2016 10:09AM) (new)

Sandra | 712 comments Necklace.
pifm

message 20: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1646 comments I think I'm going to say Necklace for this one. :)

Current Challenge To Read

message 21: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2413 comments hmmmm....i'll go bracelets!
cp-pick-it-for-me

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 449 comments bracelets please pick from my to read

message 23: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 535 comments Oh, I love necklaces!!!

picking shelf

message 24: by enqi (new)

enqi ♡ (feyrhys) | 17 comments Bracelets! Pick from my to-read shelf please :)

message 25: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 1 comments MountainKat wrote: "2016 November PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based ..."

I'd like to try this. Earrings for me.

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. ..."

message 26: by Jojo (new)

Jojo | 1010 comments Necklaces - I love them

Please use 2016-mng

message 28: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Oct 21, 2016 03:19PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments Eunice wrote: "I choose necklaces. :) What's the question for though?"

Sorry I didn't answer sooner Eunice, the question is just to help make the groups smaller - easier for sorting. =)

message 29: by Pam (last edited Oct 21, 2016 04:28PM) (new)

Pam | 1047 comments Earrings for me...
Shelf: PIFM

message 30: by Susan A (last edited Oct 22, 2016 08:07AM) (new)

Susan A | 1468 comments I'm not a jewelry person but the bracelet group looks like it needs more participants.

pick from here

message 31: by Rachel C. (last edited Oct 22, 2016 10:38AM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments Well, I kind of like charm bracelets... :) must read by end of 2016

message 32: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Oct 22, 2016 11:43AM) (new)

message 33: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments LaurLa wrote: "I'm in! 04-challenges-to-pick"

LaurLa, do you have preference for group? If not, I will just place you in the smallest one. =)

message 34: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments And I'm in too! I love a nice pair of earrings, but my favorite piece of jewelry is a sapphire bracelet I got for Valentine's Day from my hubby. So I'll go with bracelet!

Please use my to-read-asap shelf.

message 35: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7120 comments I'm in! I'm not much of a jewelry person, but I do occasionally wear earrings, so I'll go with that.

Please use my cant-wait-to-read shelf...thanks!

message 36: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments OK everyone, pairings and rules are posted above in messages 4 and 5. Enjoy!

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments LaurLa, I'll work on your picks tomorrow. =)

message 38: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Oct 23, 2016 12:06AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments @Rebecca:
Enjoy your picks!

❀ Ring: Wedding in the story: New: The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1) by R.J. Prescott TBR: Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward

❀ Earring: Earring, an ear on the cover: New: Night Road by Kristin Hannah TBR: Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs

❀ Necklace: Necklace on the cover: New: Ivan (Her Russian Protector, #1) by Roxie Rivera TBR: Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland

❀ Tiara/Crown: Tiara or crown on the cover: New: My American Duchess by Eloisa James TBR: The White Princess (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels. #5) by Philippa Gregory

❀ Bracelet: Bracelet or hand on the cover: New: Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1) by Laura Kaye TBR: Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins

❀ Anklet: A strong, kick-ass heroine. New: Sempre (Sempre, #1) by J.M. Darhower TBR: The Wanderer (Thunder Point, #1) by Robyn Carr

❀ Cuff Links: Cuff links or a man in a suit/tux on the cover: New: Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1) by Kelly Oram TBR: Driving Mr. Dead (Half-Moon Hollow, #1.5) by Molly Harper

❀ Medical Alert Jewelry: Works in the medical field: New: Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #1) by Julia Quinn TBR: Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4) by Larissa Ione

❀ Bonus Pick - Blue Topaz (Dec): The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 39: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments ThatEzi wrote: "@Rebecca:
Enjoy your picks!

❀ Ring: Wedding in the story: New: The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1) by R.J. Prescott TBR: Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward

❀ Earring: Earring, an ear on the cover: New: [bookcover:Ni..."

ThatEzi
Thankyou for the great picks

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments PAM I hope you like your picks!

Ring: A ring on the cover TBR Stranded with a Billionaire , A book with with a proposal NEW Lover Eternal (This is one of my favorite series)
Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #1) by Jessica Clare Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward

Earring: A musician or artist in the story TBRRock Addiction, An earring on the cover NEW Girl With a Pearl Earring (I gave this book 5 stars and the movie is good to)
Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) by Nalini Singh Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Necklace: A headless chest TRB Surrender, A necklace on the cover NEW The Awakening (I gave this book 5 stars)
Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

Tiara/Crown: A book featuring royalty TBR The Selection, A book with a crown on the cover NEW The False Prince
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Bracelet: A hand on the cover TBR Seducing Cinderella, A bracelet on the cover NEW Odin's Murder
Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1) by Gina L. Maxwell Odin's Murder (Odin's Murder, #1) by Angel Lawson

Anklet: Ankles on the cover TBR Love at First Date, Feet on the cover NEW A Kiss of Shadows (Another book I gave 5 stars)
Love at First Date (Better Date than Never, #1) by Susan Hatler A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Cuff Links: A suit on the cover and in the title TBR The Suit, A suit on the cover NEW Loving the Senator
The Suit (Holly Springs, #1) by B.N. Toler Loving the Senator (Capitol Affairs Book 1) by Mia Villano

Medical Alert Jewelry: Silver and black on the cover TBR Pride Mates, MC works in the medical field, NEW Beautifully Awake
Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1) by Riley Mackenzie

Bonus Pick - Purple cover for February birthstone amethyst TBR Truly, Madly
Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1) by Heather Webber

message 41: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1047 comments Elke-probably get your picks up later tonight or tomorrow. I have a pile of essays that MUST get done today and if I start procrastinating....

message 42: by Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (last edited Oct 28, 2016 10:34AM) (new)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 986 comments Hi Fran,
I hope you can find something new to read as well as one off your list.

Ring
NEW - The First Time - includes a wedding
TRB - The Billionaire Takes a Bride - includes a wedding
The First Time (The Virgin Auctions, #1) by Jenika Snow The Billionaire Takes a Bride (Billionaires and Bridesmaids, #3) by Jessica Clare

Earring
NEW - Devoured - musician MC
TRB - Treble Maker - musician MC
Devoured (Devoured, #1) by Emily Snow Treble Maker (Perfect Harmony, #1) by Annabeth Albert

Necklace
NEW - A Lover's Lament - military MC
TRB - His Risk to Take - headless chest/torso on the cover
A Lover's Lament by K.L. Grayson His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2) by Tessa Bailey

Tiara/Crown
NEW - Becoming Lady Thomas - historical
TRB - Dark Fancy - historical
Becoming Lady Thomas (Becoming Her #1) by K. Webster Dark Fancy (Noble Passions, #2) by Sabrina York

Bracelet
NEW - FILTHY BOSS - hands on the cover
TRB - Her Purrfect Match - hands on the cover
FILTHY BOSS (A Dirty Office Romance) by Penny Wylder Her Purrfect Match (Paranormal Dating Agency, #3) by Milly Taiden

Anklet
NEW - Holly Berry - strong heroine
TRB - Hers - strong heroine
Holly Berry (Naughty or Nice? #1) by Emma Jaye Hers (Hers, #1) by Dawn Robertson

Cuff-links
NEW - That Man 1 - suit on the cover
TRB - In Over His Head - suit on the cover
That Man 1 (That Man, #1) by Nelle L'Amour In Over His Head by Kate Sherwood

Medical Alert Jewellery
NEW - Love Me Back to Life - MC works in the medical field
TRB - Chance of a Lifetime - MC with a disability
Love Me Back to Life (Gold Coast Romance, #1) by Elle G. Mraz Chance of a Lifetime (Anderson Brothers, #3) by Marissa Clarke

Bonus Pick
NEW - King's - published in my birth month and I loved this series.
King's (The King Trilogy, #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

message 43: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7120 comments Hey Aneerah!

Thanks for responding to my friend request so quickly! I've got some stuff going on today so I'll be working on your picks off and on, but should have them done by the end of the day.

message 44: by Aminko (last edited Oct 23, 2016 10:04AM) (new)

Aminko | 535 comments Hi Sandra

Here are my picks for you. I hope you enjoy your November reading!

Ring: Pick a book with a ring or something round on the cover. Or pick a book with with a proposal or wedding in the story. (Because, well that is pretty obvious right?)
TBR: Scones, Skulls & Scams by Leighann Dobbs
TBR: Fiancee for Hire by Tawna Fenske
NEW: Lick by Kylie Scott
NEW: Stranded with a Billionaire by Jessica Clare

Scones, Skulls & Scams (Lexy Baker Cozy Mystery, #8) by Leighann Dobbs Fiancee for Hire (Front and Center, #2) by Tawna Fenske Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #1) by Jessica Clare

Earring: Select a book with an earring, an ear or something sharp/pointy on the cover. Or recommend a book with a musician or artist in the story. (You need ears for that right? Or at least one if you are Van Gogh!)
TBR: Marry the Doctor by Beverly Farr
TBR: Beautiful Scars by Shiloh Walker
NEW: The Mighty Storm by Smantha Towle
NEW: Keeping Her by Kelly Lucille

Marry the Doctor (Love and Chocolate, #2) by Beverly Farr Beautiful Scars by Shiloh Walker The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle Keeping Her (Keeping Her, #1) by Kelly Lucille

Necklace: Pick a book with a necklace on the cover or a book with a headless chest/torso on the cover. Or select a book with a MC who is in the military or former military. (Well, it's easier to put on a necklace without a head! =) And those in the military wear a necklace - with dog tags!)
TBR: SEAL's Proposal by Elle James
TBR: Out of the Shadows by Geri Foster
NEW: Code Name: Ghost by Natasza Waters
NEW: Hard as It Gets by Laura Kaye

SEAL's Proposal (Take No Prisoners, #5) by Elle James Out of the Shadows (Falcon Securities, #2) by Geri Foster Code Name Ghost (A Warrior's Challenge, #1) by Natasza Waters Hard as It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) by Laura Kaye

Tiara/Crown: Recommend a book with a tiara or crown on the cover. Or pick a book historical romance or a book featuring royalty or an elite MC. (Who else wears tiaras?)
TBR: The President's Lover by Rebecca Lee
TBR: President Stepbrother...With Benefits: A Bad Boy Alpha Male Stepbrother Romance by Victoria Cabot
NEW: The Prince Who Loved Me by Karen Hawkins
NEW: The Duke and I by Julia Quinn

The President's Lover by Rebecca Lee President Stepbrother...With Benefits A Bad Boy Alpha Male Stepbrother Romance by Victoria Cabot The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes, #1) by Karen Hawkins The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn

Bracelet: Select a book with a bracelet or hand on the cover. Or pick a book with a MC who uses their hands in the work. (Again, obvious.)
TBR: Pursued by the Don: New Adult Romantic Suspense by S.K. Lee
TBR: Reveal: A Wild Nights Standalone Novel by K.M. Golland
NEW: The CEO Buys In by Nancy Herkness
NEW: With Visions of Red by Trisha Wolfe

Pursued by the Don New Adult Romantic Suspense (In Bed with the Mafia Book 6) by S.K. Lee Reveal A Wild Nights Standalone Novel by K.M. Golland The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1) by Nancy Herkness With Visions of Red (With Visions of Red Broken Bonds #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Anklet: Pick a book with an anklet or feet on the cover. Or recommend a book with a strong, kick-ass heroine. (Kick - feet, get it?!)
TBR: Murder She Typed by Syliva Selfman
TBR: Controlling Her Pleasure by Lili Valente
NEW: God Save the Queen by Kate Locke
NEW: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

Murder She Typed (Izzy Greene #1) by Sylvia Selfman Controlling Her Pleasure (Under His Command, #1) by Lili Valente God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1) by Kate Locke The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

Cuff Links: Select a book with cuff links or a man in a suit/tux on the cover or a with a hero who has enough confidence to wear them even if he doesn't. (Real men don't need buttons!)
TBR: His Billion Dollar Dilemma by Alexia Adams
TBR: Living in Sin by Isabel Lucero
NEW: Her Stand-In Boyfriend by Kelly Jamieson
NEW: Rule's Obsession by Lynda Chance

His Billion Dollar Dilemma (Guide to Love, #2) by Alexia Adams Living in Sin (Escort, #1) by Isabel Lucero Her Stand-In Boyfriend by Kelly Jamieson Rule's Obsession (The House of Rule, #1) by Lynda Chance

Medical Alert Jewelry: Pick a book with a MC with some sort of illness or disability or who works in the medical field. Or select a book with silver or black on the cover. (That is who wear and read them after all!)
TBR: Sleeping with Her Enemy by Jenny Holiday
TBR: Wild Hearts by Magan Vernon
NEW: Pretend You're Mine by Lucy Score
NEW: Bite & Release by Cory Cyr

Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2) by Jenny Holiday Wild Hearts (Forever Wild, #2) by Magan Vernon Pretend You're Mine by Lucy Score Bite & Release (Bite & Release, #1) by Cory Cyr

Bonus Pick - Optional: Pick an extra new to them book with a cover the color or your birthstone or published in your birth month.

NEW: The Unexpected Duchess by Valerie Bowman

The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides, #1) by Valerie Bowman

message 45: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Hi Jacquelyn!

Here are your picks- I hope you find something you like!

Ring
NEW -friend's destination wedding- Her Perfect Getaway

Earring
NEW - ear on cover- Roman Crazy
TRB - ear on cover- HardBall

Necklace
NEW -military- Kickin' Up Dust
TRB - headless on cover- Sweet Surrender- I really enjoyed this whole series

Tiara/Crown
NEW -baseball players are an elite group (I know, it's a stretch, lol) Anything but Minor

Bracelet
NEW - MMA fighter- Tyed
TRB - hand on cover- Shopping for a CEO- such a fun series!

Anklet
TRB -feet on cover- Smut- I loved this one!

Cufflinks
NEW - confident guy- Limited Time Offer
TRB - suit on cover- Sweet Filthy Morning After- or any book in the series that you are up to

Medical Alert Jewlery
NEW - Heart Signs- I loved this one too!

Bonus Pick- these are two books I really love-
If I Were You- Aug. pub date- my birth month
On the Island- green on cover- birthstone color (Peridot)

Happy Reading!

message 46: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Tink Magoo is bad at reviews wrote: "Hi Fran,
I hope you can find something new to read as well as one off your list.

Ring
NEW - The First Time - includes a wedding
TRB - The Billionaire Takes a Bride ..."

I love my picks Tink!! Wow, they all look great- thanks so much!!

message 47: by Rachel C. (last edited Oct 23, 2016 10:39AM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments Hi Susan A! I haven't read anything on your indicated tbr shelf, but I picked books that look pretty awesome :) I noticed that most of the books on your indicated tbr list are MM... I unfortunately haven't read much MM so all of the new-to-you ones are MF (the MM books I have read you've also read or are in the middle of a series that you haven't yet started, so...)

Ring
TBR: Resistance (circular flowers on cover)
NEW: The Duke and I (wedding in the story; I see you liked the first one in the companion series...)
Resistance by Lillian Francis The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn

Earring
TBR: Spindrift (artist MC)
NEW: Bloodlines (artist MC)
Spindrift by Amy Rae Durreson Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

Necklace
TBR: Happy (headless torsos)
NEW: The Stocking was Hung (military MC and headless torso/chest; really fun book!)
Happy by Chris Scully The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1) by Tara Sivec

Tiara/Crown
TBR: In Allegiance (historical romance)
NEW: A Kiss at Midnight (historical romance; royalty)
In Allegiance by Kate Islay A Kiss at Midnight (Fairy Tales, #1) by Eloisa James

Bracelet
TBR: Spice (hand on cover)
NEW: Nuts (both MCs use their hands in their work; one is a chef, one is a farmer)
Spice by Lilah Suzanne Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton

Anklet
TBR: Boyfriend Goals (feet on cover)
NEW: First Grave on the Right (kick-ass heroine)
Boyfriend Goals by Clancy Nacht First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

Cuff Links
TBR: The Greek Tycoon’s Green Card Groom (suited man on cover)
NEW: Dragon Bound (definitely a hero with enough confidence to wear a suit even if he doesn't)
The Greek Tycoon’s Green Card Groom by Kate McMurray Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

Medical Alert Jewelry
TBR: Tied Up in Knots (black on cover)
NEW: Pleasure Unbound (doctor MC)
Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3) by Mary Calmes Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1) by Larissa Ione

Bonus Pick
NEW: Hardwired (Hacker, #1) by Meredith Wild OR Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward (red covers; my birthstone is a ruby... love both these series)

message 48: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 265 comments Karen H,

Ring:
The Substitute (The Wedding Pact, #1) by Denise Grover Swank -Tbr
The Faerie Ring (The Faerie Ring, #1) by Kiki Hamilton -new

Earring:
Already Freakn' Mated (Freakn' Shifters, #3) by Eve Langlais -tbr
The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong -new

Necklace:
Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2) by Pamela Clare -tbr
The Jewels of Tessa Kent by Judith Krantz -new

Tiara/Crown:
Talk Sweetly to Me (Brothers Sinister, #4.5) by Courtney Milan -tbr
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard -new

Bracelet:
For 100 Days (100 Series, #1) by Lara Adrian -tbr
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover -new

Anklet:
Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned, #1) by Robyn Peterman -tbr
Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter -new

Cuff Links:
The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2) by Jill Shalvis -tbr
Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1) by Julia Kent -new

Medical Alert Jewelry:
The Parting Glass (In a Dark Wood, #2) by Josh Lanyon -tbr
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green -new

Bonus Pick - November 9 by Colleen Hoover

message 49: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2413 comments Hey Kat! I'll work on your picks and have them to you tomorrow! =)

message 50: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1468 comments Rachel C. wrote: "Hi Susan A! I haven't read anything on your indicated tbr shelf, but I picked books that look pretty awesome :) I noticed that most of the books on your indicated tbr list are MM... I unfortunately..."

Thanks Rachel! I'll definitely read a few you picked from my TBR. From the new to me picks, I'll read The Stocking was Hung

« previous 1 3 4