Start by marking “The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)

The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  5,128 Ratings  ·  857 Reviews
If she has her way ...

Willa Davis is wrangling puppies when Keane Winters stalks into her pet shop with frustration in his chocolate-brown eyes and a pink bedazzled cat carrier in his hand. He needs a kitty sitter, stat. But the last thing Willa needs is to rescue a guy who doesn’t even remember her ...

He’ll get nothing but coal in his stocking.

Saddled with his great-aunt’
Published September 27th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Mistletoe, please sign up.
Heather Kendall They all have the same characters but I've been reading some of them out of order. I listen to the audio versions and picked up a bunch of random…moreThey all have the same characters but I've been reading some of them out of order. I listen to the audio versions and picked up a bunch of random books so I didn't realize it was a different series initially since Jill has many. I am now listening to this book. I listened to them mostly out of order - I listened to them in the following order 1, 3, 2.5 novella, 4.5 novella, 4, 5. Now listening to 2. I prefer to read in order but don't know you really have to. (less)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

description

Jill Shalvis does it again with this sweet, adorable, heartwarming story! She’s one of my go to authors when I’m in the mood for a good contemporary romance, her stories always making me smile, swoon and fall in love not only with the main characters, but with the supporting ones as well. 'The Trouble with Mistletoe', the second installment in the series like the previous installment was well written, entertaining, touching and definitely one of the best holiday romance I’ve read so far.

“…he
Christy
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

description

I was in the mood for a holiday story since I hadn’t read one yet this year. After seeing the preview for the new film,The Trouble with Mistletoe, I decided this would be the holiday book I would read. And of course, the day after I finished the book I watched the film! I have to say, the film was very good and even though it left out a few things, it was close to the book! I LOVED the guy they chose to play Keane. Overall, this was a fun, sweet, and sexy Christmas story! I’ve not rea
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Trouble With Mistletoe is book two in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by Edelweiss, Avon Publishing and by Jill Shalvis.

Jill Shalvis is one of those authors that just takes me to my happy place. Her books aren’t too angsty, the perfect mix of silly, cute, sweet, with a little bit of heartbreak. This book was no exception. She had me by page five. I was already completely in love.

Doggie Wedding:

Willa Davis did not have a
Stacey is Sassy
another-ttwm

Trouble…depends who’s under the mistletoe with you.

***4.5 Stars***

Did you see my new header? I was inspired after reading The Trouble with Mistletoe, to be honest. The inspiration (to share the P & P quote) wasn’t because Keane was arrogant and proud, far from it. I was inspired because of the struggle, the mutual admiration and the ardent feelings that could not be denied. I just finished another Jill Shalvis love story that made me laugh, sniffle, snort and blush. She really is my go to au
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS

It’s just that you’re always so . . .”
“What?”
“Everything.”

Le swoon. *Happy sigh*

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jill Shalvis books are my happy place. Her stories never fail to give me the warm and fuzzies and a huge case of the happy feels. They're romantic, swoony, sweet, sexy, and yet never cheesy. They're the perfect feel good romance with none of the craziness and yet they'll keep me reading well into the night with a happy smile on my face. I just love them.

Ever sin
Sabrina
What an adorable story! I loved all of these characters when I first met them in Sweet Little Lies and I loved catching up with them in this book. This is a group of characters that you just can't help but love every single one of them and want to see them get their HEA.

The Trouble with Mistletoe follows Willa and her high school crush, as in heart crusher, Keane. She was a shy teen and the fact that Keane stood her up for the school dance follows her around, but for Keane he doesn't even remem
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Happy Release Day!!!

Jill Shalvis is one of the best contemporary romance authors out there and her stories are fun, poignant, sexy, and always, always leave me wanting more. Whether we're in Lucky Harbor, Cedar Ridge, or Heartbreaker Bay, I never, ever want to leave!

Willa Davis is an awesome woman! She's caring, selfless, compassionate... but she can hold a grudge like nobody's business, which she does against Keane Winters, the jock who stood her up the night of her first highschool dance (year
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Animal Magnetism' Stars!

I am mentally kicking myself for not reading more of Jill’s books right now! It’s been a while since I read my first book by hers and I definitely remember enjoying it. So I don’t know exactly why I waited so much time to read another one of her novels. As you can imagine, I decided to read this one because this week PassionFlix is releasing the movie and I had to read this baby first. And man.. I am so glad because I freaking adored it!

The Trouble with Mistletoe is a
Claire Robinson
4 - "Best present ever." Stars!

There is always one thing that you can guarantee when you pick up a Jill Shalvis book, and that is you will be entertained from start to finish.

Its LIVE!
Amazon US - www.amazon.com/Trouble-Mistletoe-Hear...
Amazon UK - www.amazon.co.uk/Trouble-Mistletoe-He...
B&N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-t...

We met Willa Davis as a secondary character in the first book from the Heartbreaker Bay series; Sweet Little Lies and it was apparent from her interactions with
Bindi Boo
4 stars

Sweet, light, Christmas-sy read with no drama. Willa and Keane dance around their feelings and intense attraction as they try and sort out their emotions and fear of falling in love. There's a bonus bit as the heroine deals with adorable dogs and cats.
Overall, a worth your time read
Jo
“Maybe I’ve already died and gone o heaven.”
She lifted her head with a smile. “You think this is heaven?”
“You’re touching and kissing me,” he said. “So yeah. I think this is heaven.”

I really loved the sweet and sassy Willa who is the proud owner of South Bark Mutt Shop. Her years in foster care taught her that love wasn’t for her, but it hasn’t kept her from giving all of her heart to her friends and the animals she takes care of. I loved how giving she was, how vulnerable she was especiall

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

Pet shop owner Willa Davis and house renovator Keane Winters become a factor in each other’s lives when he’s entrusted to care for his aunts crazy, much loved cat and chooses to enlist the help of a cat sitter. What he doesn’t realise is that Willa and he have met before, he has no recollection whilst Willa still owns the scars. The reader soon discovers that Keane was not so gentlemanly at high school and left a hurtful mark on our heroine.

Conflict, commitment issues, attraction and sexy one n
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This is such a great story! I haven't read a lot of books written by Jill Shalvis yet but everyone that I have picked up so far has been really good. This series is the second book in the Heartbreaker Bay series but it would be great as a stand alone novel. This was one of those books that just put a smile on my face while I was reading it because the story was just delightful.

One of the things that I really love about this series is the wond
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're back again in the adorable building in San Francisco, with its adorable residents.
This time we have pet-shop owner Willa. And Keane.
The same Keane she had a huge crush on in highschool. The same one who told her he'll be her date to a dance and then never showed.
The same Keane who is now asking her to board his aunt's devil-cat for the day.
AND HE DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER HER!!!!!!

He's still the same sexy guy. And she's still horribly attracted. Only this time he notices her.
He's totally charm
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 54f4003a3e5c2323406e27d5bc217d_zps7xtutali.gif

Jill Shalvis is synonymous with heartfelt touching romance and once again she writes a love story that easily sweeps readers hearts with The Trouble With Mistletoe. Shalvis turned up the holiday heat as she mixes up a story that was both naughty and a whole lot of nice. As always, Jill sophisticatedly writes a story that allows readers to see and feel the connection of the hero and heroine. Basically, reading a Jill Shalvis book is like
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Trouble with Mistletoe' by Jill Shalvis is book two in the "Heartbreaker Bay" series. I have yet to read the previous book so for me this was a standalone book. This is the story of Willa Davis and Keane Winters.
Willa has sworn off men since she has been having a bad run of it. Willa is putting her time into her pet shop business. That is where she meets Keane again. Keane doesn't seem to remember her from school where he stood her up at a dance. So Willa already knows that he isn't someon
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo A2574852-2678-414F-A9D7-1613993F0F9E_zpsimz4obpz.jpg

Willa Davis is a 27 yr. old gorgeous independent woman living & working in the Cow Hollow district in San Francisco. She loves animals & owns a pet store called the South Bark Mutt Shop. After growing up on & off in the foster system she doesn't really have much of a family. What she does have is amazing friends. These friends have become her family & she loves them dearly.

photo 3E854B8E-3F2B-45B0-A85C-A7D6FCDF9B48_zps0gr9gdg2.gif

Willa hasn't had the greatest luck with men or relationships in the past,
Geri Reads
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another winner from Jill Shalvis. I will never get tired of reading feel-good romances. Never. And The Trouble with Mistletoe is a wonderful example of a feel-good romance.

The second book off of Jill Shalvis' Heartbreaker Bay series follows the story of Willa, wrangler of puppies and Keane, beleaguered temporary cat owner and hotshot developer. They have a sort of unpleasant history between them that affected Willa a lot but was a non-event for Keane.

The relationship between Keane and Willa dev
Stacee
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As we all know, I will read anything by Jill Shalvis, sight and synopsis unseen.

This has officially become my favorite Jill book. I loved Willa and Keane. They're both such good people. She warm and takes in strays. He's cocky and a bit stand off-ish. Together they're funny and banter-y, and the chemistry is off the charts. I love love love this group of characters, so it was fun to see Pru and Finn from the first book. But my favorites are Elle and Archer and I really need their book.

Yes, of co
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2bhT2Uf

Things that make me happy: Jill Shalvis. Jill Shalvis makes me happy. lol

The Trouble with Mistletoe was a laugh out loud, warm the heart, can't wait for Christmas read. I loved the characters, their foibles, the circle of friends and the grumpy cat that tortured the hero. So much fun!

So the quick of it is that Willa owns a pet shop and one day man shows up at the door with a cat from hell in his hands and in desperate n
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jill Shalvis is one of my go-to authors for contemporary romance and she hit another home run in her new Heartbreaker Bay series with The Trouble With Mistletoe.

I really enjoyed The Trouble With Mistletoe and I cannot wait for the rest of the characters to get their HEAs. A couple of them have been hinted at and it will be fun to see them all fall in love and no doubt Jill Shalvis will give us some funny and sexy times in the following books set in her Heartbreaker Bay series.

Read this review
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
3.5 Solid Stars.

I was super excited when The Trouble with Mistletoe showed up in my mail box. I recently fell in love with Shalvis and her writing and was really looking forward to her new series. The fact that this book had the promise of holidays written all over it was a huge bonus, I am a sucker for holiday books.

Jill introduces us to Willa, an owner of a pet shop and Keane Winter's - a man who stood her up at a high school prom and is not knocking on her door to cat sit.

Willa is butt hurt t
Chan
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun book. I enjoyed the storyline and of course the animals.

But most of all I liked the community that they surrounded themselves with. Such a wonderful group of women who became friends.
Julie
The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis is a 2016 Avon publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Jill Shalvis has written an engaging story with witty dialogue, sprinkled with humor and a dash of that special holiday spirit.

Willa, grew up in foster care, due to having an alcoholic mother, who couldn’t keep herself together. But, now,Willa runs her own pet shop, has a few close friends, and helps other girls caught up in t
Tpagirl
The Trouble with Mistletoe was the second book in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis.

Willa Davis was the quirky and funny owner of South Bark Mutt Shop in San Francisco. She grew up in the foster system and although she believed in forever love, she couldn't see it for herself.

Keane Winters was the gorgeous contractor that flipped old properties, restoring them to their natural beauty. He believed he was unemotional and only believed in what lasted for the here and now; everything was t
Stacie
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3+ "Commitment Fobe" Stars!

Well, this story was definitely on the plus side of okay. It actually wasn't bad at all. It's three stars from me for two reasons:

1. Willa and Keane kept taking turns being scared or emotionally not ready for commitment for one reason or the other... First it's him, then it's her, then it's him and back to her and so on and so forth... I did like both of them though and I wanted them to work their situation out. Also I liked all the side characters.

2. I've been looking
nick

This series by Jill Shalvis is easily turning out to be a favorite. I adored Sweet Little Lies and I was very eager to dive into The Trouble With Mistletoe. I thought this was even better than the first book. This is the kind of book that has you smiling all throughout and in the end, leaves you with warm, light and fuzzy feelings.

Willa, with her adorable little pet shop, made me so happy. I loved being inside her head and getting to know her throughout the book. She had a cheerful personality a
Irene

What a heartwarming and entertaining read The Trouble with Mistletoe turned out to be, I loved it!

From the first page I was drawn in, loved the characters and the storyline was just what I was in the mood for. My interest was held from start to end and I read it in one sitting.

Willa and Keane were wonderful characters that you couldn't help but fall in love with and be entertained by them and their antics. Some serious swooning went down watching these two connect and fall in love.

The
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Witty and entertaining is just what I needed and I totally got it! This story was absolutely charming and put me I a ridiculously good mood, I loved every single second!

Wonderful story with likable characters. There was a light, fun vibe happening that made it incredibly enjoyable to read. It was extremely well written and engaging. I found myself chuckling and smiling the majority of the time as I learned about Willa and Keane. Willa and Keane are just so sweet and sincere and I loved seeing t
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
When there is a new book out by Jill Shalvis I have to have it. She write the most entertaining stories of love and friendship. They make you laugh and cry and feel such deep emotions for the interesting characters that she creates.

Willa Davis and Keane Winters met for the first time when they were in high school. Now that they are adults with their own businesses they meet again but it is only Willa that recognizes him. Keane has no Idea who she is but he really needs a cat sitter for his Aunt’
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 05, 2016 03:14PM
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • The Thing About Love
  • Homecoming (Boys of Fall, #3)
  • Since I Fell for You (New York Sullivans #2; The Sullivans #16)
  • Taken (LOST, #5)
  • Too Wild to Tame (Romancing the Clarksons, #2)
  • Strung Up (Blacktop Cowboys, #7.5; 1001 Dark Nights #46)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Wedding Belles, #3)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
  • Snowfall on Haven Point (Haven Point, #5)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)
  • Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling #2.5, 5.1, 11.5, 12.1)
  • Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick, #0.5; 1001 Dark Nights #52)
  • Just Kiss Me
  • Ruled (Outlaws, #3)
  • Her Renegade Rancher (Montana Men, #5)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis

Heartbreaker Bay (7 books)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps  (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
“Who’s a good boy,” Willa was saying to the dog in a light, silly voice that had the dog panting happily into her face.

“That’s right,” she cooed, “you are, aren’t you? Aren’t you a good boy?”

“Well I don’t like to brag,” Keane said, leaning against the doorjamb. “But I do have my moments.”
13 likes
“It was incredibly hard to hold on to resentment for someone when you’d had your tongue down their throat. Plus, he kissed like magic.” 9 likes