Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

Miscellaneous Chatter > General - Anything and Everything

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,408 (2408 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 48 49

message 1: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Belonging by Shiloh Walker; Maryse has it listed as a new release but on here it's a WAY old release with sequels that the order is all over the place when comparing date released....Anyone??? Bueller?????

message 2: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela--The Hunters is an old Shiloh Walker series. I actually read the pb version of several of those books, and it's been a looong time since I've read anything besides a Kindle.

Belonging is a novella from that series that was first published by Ellora's Cave (I think in 2009), and I'd bet that S. Walker got the rights to her books and is re-releasing them with new covers.

I've heard of more than one author having trouble getting paid their royalties by EC and getting/buying back the rights to any of their books that EC published.

message 3: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Gotcha....makes sense!

message 4: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Siren by Jaimie Roberts .................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp

Just saw the creepy cover and TotallyBooked's creepy assessment on FB...

message 5: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Wow...this group has been so busy....*absolutely no sarcasm*

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I'll liven things up...I'm gonna make a post about It End With Us.

Yup, I'm a party animal!! *absolutely no sarcasm here either*

message 7: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Who's up for reading Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) by L.J. Shen?

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Ela wrote: "Who's up for reading Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) by L.J. Shen?"

I would be but I have a book and a half ahead of it :-/

message 9: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Boooo

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Dude. Renee Carlino. I may take a Amityville break and start it today!

message 11: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments No rush here....

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Robin, are you talking about that guardian angel one??? That sounds interesting, I need a guinea pig though.

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Leslie wrote: "Robin, are you talking about that guardian angel one??? That sounds interesting, I need a guinea pig though."

Yes, but I'm scared. I LOVE Renee Carlino, but I was so upset with her last one, I took it personally. This one is coming out of the gate with 4 stars from reviewers who usually give everything they read 5. That's like a 2 or 3 in "real people" stars! But maybe since my expectations are low, I'll be pleasantly surprised!

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Robin, my friend, you make me laugh!!!

message 15: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Hey guys, are any of you planning on reading Egomaniac by Vi Keeland . Another group I'm on here is starting a BR tomorrow if any of you are interested. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 16: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I would love to read it, but I am trying not to buy any new books. Sigh. I already had pre-ordered the Penelope Douglas Next to Never book, so I don't count that one LOL! Please keep me posted, it looks like a good read!

message 17: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Good for you. I've been on a buying spree lately. :-(

message 18: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Speaking of, I posted this on the blog, but I wanted to put it here too.
The Vixen and the Vet by Kate Regnery is free on Amazon right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Vixen-Vet-mode...

message 19: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Thanks! I picked it up.

message 20: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey--I didn't see it on the blog yet, so THANK YOU!! That saves us $5!!

message 21: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Rats. I paid good money for Vixen and Vet a few weeks ago :-/ I'm finding it OK but it started to drag a bit and I haven't finished it yet. I want to, though. I quite like Kate Regnery's sweet romances. I recently read her new one, JC and The Bijoux Jolies (or something like that? LOL) and it was terrific. A cut above anything else of hers I've yet read. I actually put it in my 2016 top 10. I'm hoping the other 'fairy tale' ones (vixen and vet series) have got a bit more pep in them too.

message 22: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Anyone going to see Fifty Shades Darker?

message 23: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Me! Me! Me! Me! I'm going to the Alamo Drafthouse on Thursday! Cocktails and Cock! Woo hoo!

message 24: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Yep, I'm going Thursday too. My besties and I are having a girl date. I hope my back is better by then. The thought of sitting in a movie theater for a couple hours right now, kind of makes me want to cry.

message 25: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I'm going with my friend Michael. We'll both be drooling over Mr. Grey :D

That sucks about your back Grey! I hear that's the worst. I've managed to avoid it so far!

message 26: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I've had back issues for years, so this is nothing new for me- unfortunately. But thank you. It will get better, I've just got to baby it for a few days and I'm a horrible patient, LOL!

message 27: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Thursday for me as well! Going with Mario's cousins wife! Had to buy tickets because a lot are sold out!

I feel you Grey! I've had back issues for the last 3 years because of my hips, now that I'd had the second hip replacement we're working on my back but it's not looking good. Good luck to you!

message 28: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I haven't even seen Fifty Shades of Grey yet: 1) because I FLOVED the book(s), and I heard it was terrible; and 2) that Jamie guy who plays Christian does zero for me, so his acting would have to be really good to make me warm up to him.

I looked it up on our On Demand last night, and I decided that I'm going to pay the $2.99 and get a 2-day rental so that I can finally watch it tomorrow. Why oh why didn't I watch it when it was free??? But I won't see Fifty Shades Darker until it comes out on cable, for free this time!

Sorry to hear about your back, Grey! My hubby has terrible back problems that we've both dealt with for years, so I know it sucks!

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Nay, I felt the same way about the movie Christian. Absolutely no appeal to me...but he did win me over a lil bit. Book was eleventy billion times better...at least for me!!!

message 30: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Yeah I didn't love the movie either. I'm felt the same about the actor for Christian. Not sexy to me. And I found the h was characterised as too whiny and little girly in the film. A bit of a pain in fact. And I haven't even read books 2 or 3...... :/ *dodges peanuts*

message 31: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I feel like the lone ox. I LOVED the movie and thought it was cast perfectly. Except for Jose. And that one scene where Jamie's Irish accent came out.

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments I watched about 15 of 50 Shades when it hit pay channels, turned it off. I enjoyed the books. Couldn't do the movie.

message 33: by Leslie (last edited Feb 07, 2017 06:41AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I just cant get used to Jamie as Christian. It ruins it for me. He just doesnt fit my vision of character. He's too small or wimpy or something. Not enough sex appeal or commanding presence and even his voice isnt good. :(

He is a good actor though just not fit for this role.

message 34: by Ela (last edited Feb 07, 2017 06:53AM) (new)

Ela | 4283 comments I went to see movie with the lowest of low expectations so to me it was decent and I was pleasantly surprised with Dakota....Jamie not so much....he appears like a serial killer or psycho. I was actually happy when they chose Charlie but was wondering how they'd make him "dark".

Now I CAN'T WAIT FOR KING ARTHUR...YUM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1972591/

YES I'M A JAX TELLER FAN!!!!!!!!

message 35: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I think I know what it was for me. The movie was in theaters when I finally picked up the books, so I had them in my head the whole time just from the trailers. When I went to see it, it totally worked.

The Hunger Games on the other hand. I read those early and I could not picture JL as Katniss!

message 36: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I went in with very low expectations... so I was OK with it. I am going just to go out with my girls and have a good time... we could watch cartoons and have a good time, you know? I think Alexander Skarsgard would have been a much better Christian... and I will forever mourn the fact he didn't get to play it, lol!

message 37: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Robin wrote: "I think I know what it was for me. The movie was in theaters when I finally picked up the books, so I had them in my head the whole time just from the trailers. When I went to see it, it totally wo..."

See, I read the books way before both movies but I loved the Hunger Games movies!

message 38: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Grey wrote: "I went in with very low expectations... so I was OK with it. I am going just to go out with my girls and have a good time... we could watch cartoons and have a good time, you know? I think Alexande..."

He would work too :)

message 39: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Ela wrote: "Robin wrote: "I think I know what it was for me. The movie was in theaters when I finally picked up the books, so I had them in my head the whole time just from the trailers. When I went to see it,..."

I loved them too, but it took me a while to warm up to her as Katniss!

OMG last night I went to print my 50SD tix and could not find them anywhere! Not on email or even in my bank account. I tore my office up! I finally found them stashed in my other office. I'd bought them through paypal on Fandango rather than the theater. I'd have never remembered that! I was panicking lol!

message 40: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments That was a close call Robin!!!!!!!!!!

message 41: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Robin wrote: "I think I know what it was for me. The movie was in theaters when I finally picked up the books, so I had them in my head the whole time just from the trailers. When I went to see it, it totally wo..."

That is exactly what happened for me with Twilight! I LOVED the movie and all the characters fit! lol

But with FSOG, I'm with those who are reminded of a wimply, wooden, unsexy serial killer when they see Jamie in this role. He was NOT Christian to me and ruined the movie for me.

C.H. wasn't Christian for me either, but I was willing to make it work for him! Lurve me some Jax!!!

message 42: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Those sex scenes with his hot ass from SOA get ME EVERY SINGLE TIME!

message 43: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) I've read the books before seeing the film with FSOG, Hunger Games, Harry Pott, Lord of the Rings. HP captured the magic of the books pretty well, especially the first film. LOTR films were great too, and captured the flavour of the books although much was left out. But for me FSOG and HG films were disappointments. What you see inside your head in your own imagination is often so different from the filmmaker's view. Also, SO MUCH depends on casting!! Elrond in LOTR for e.g. just didn't have the authority or presence of the Elrond I'd always envisioned. And Christian Grey in the film? Just, no.

message 44: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Twilight was the same for me too. It was out when I read the books so I was fine with the cast. I can maybe picture a better CG, but I think they nailed Ana.

message 45: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) OK. Confession time. I've neither read Twilight nor seen the films......... (Am I the only one left in the world?)

message 46: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments OMG CH via Jax is the inspiration of my next H in my next book due out in 2099. My husband binge watched that show and I'd make him call me when Jax had a sex scene on the basis of research.

message 47: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Who is this Jax of whom you speak?

message 48: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Jan130 wrote: "OK. Confession time. I've neither read Twilight nor seen the films......... (Am I the only one left in the world?)"

Yes Jan. I think so. And you better hope Leslie doesn't see this! I bought them for my daughter but picked it up one day while I was waiting for water to boil in the kitchen and never gave them to her. Still not sure if she's ever read them!

message 49: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Charlie H. from Sons of Anarchy Jan.

message 50: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Oh yeah.... I'm with you now. I've only watched a few random eps and must have missed the *ahem* saucy scenes. I can see I have some work to do in checking out the back series.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 48 49