Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > September 2016 in Reflection - Best and Worst Reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11274 comments Let's reflect on the best and worst of the previous month's books.....

Did you find some gems? DNF a few? Find your new book boyfriend or a heroine who personifies TSTL? Come on, we all want to know! What were your standouts for September?

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11274 comments My favorite of September was Afterlife with Archie, Vol. 1 Escape from Riverdale by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Afterlife with Archie, Vol. 1: Escape from Riverdale.

It felt like The Walking Dead meets the Archie Gang - I loved it!
All of my favorite characters from my childhood, when I was obsessed with Archie and the gang, set in a zombie style reality.
Clever, well written, and pretty dark. Looking forward to Volume 2!

I didn't have any duds last month. The other books I read were all good, 3-3.5* reads.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22472 comments Hmmm, no 5 stars for September. Lots of 4 though! I'm going to say Lauren Dane's Broken Open and Back to You were probably my favorites though. The One Real Thing, Sweet Ruin, Don't Let Go and Red Dirt Heart were also very good. There were others too.

No duds, the weakest was probably Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories and I still enjoyed it. =)

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 88 comments There were several I really enjoyed. I won't list them all, but I think my absolute favorites were Stepbrother Dearest and The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden.
My worst read clearly was Fallen Too Far. I still finished the next two books in this series to see how the story ends, but it really wasn't worth it...

message 5: by Loriidae (last edited Oct 06, 2016 03:08PM) (new)

Loriidae | 415 comments I have enjoyed Maggie Shayne's romantic suspense series previously so I was really disappointed to find the first in her paranormal series Immortal Witches Eternity so bland all the wit and sassy heroines were missing.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments My favorites this month were: Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews , The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware , and No One Knows by J.T. Ellison .

My least favorite was Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand , this book and it's characters were awful.