Start by marking “No One Knows” as Want to Read:
No One Knows

No One Knows

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  11,940 ratings  ·  1,718 reviews
In an obsessive mystery as thrilling as The Girl on the Train and The Husband’s Secret, New York Times bestselling author J.T. Ellison will make you question every twist in her page-turning novel—and wonder which of her vividly drawn characters you should trust.

The day Aubrey Hamilton’s husband is declared dead by the state of Tennessee should bring closure so she can move
Published March 22nd 2016 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about No One Knows, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jessica Swanson I'm embarrassed to say that I don't quite understand the ending. I've been googling trying to find out. What the heck just happened?!
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Leilani
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  11,940 ratings  ·  1,718 reviews

Start your review of No One Knows
James
3 stars to J.T. Ellison's No One Knows, a suspense and thriller mystery novel. I received this as a giveaway but was very interested in reading it... in the end, I'm glad I did as there were many good parts, but the ending was definitely a puzzle.

Story
Aubrey Hamilton's parents died young and she fell prey to the repugnance of a bad seed in the foster system. She had a few people watch out for her, including one she married when Josh became the love of her life. A few years into their marria
Jaymie Shook
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Spoiler alert: I understand having an unreliable narrator, but you can't just pull a 180 and have that tie everything together. I enjoyed the premise and 85% of the book, but the end ruined it all for me.
Linda
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of No One Knows by J.T. Ellison from NetGalley for an honest review. I wish to thank NetGalley, Gallery Books, and J.T. Ellison for the opportunity.

I know. I know. I know.

This book has received higher ratings than mine. In truth, this one registers at perhaps a 3.5 which isn't all that much different. However, my itch that needed to be scratched was far more in the line of technique than storyline.

Joshua Hamilton is missing. He and his wife, Aubrey, are guests at the wedding fe
Denise
Mar 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
No. No. No. Don't bother.
I am not even going to review this one. I could barely get through it. I am done reading books that are compared to GONE GIRL and GIRL ON THE TRAIN. I am done reading books with unreliable narrators and those that have twists that really don't make any sense other than to be a "gotcha" -- know what I mean? When you know there is one and are looking for one, you're prepared and it is a gimmick. I want to believe my characters and like them -- and even if I can't, I still
Liz Barnsley
Now anyone that follows my reviews (thank you!) will know that I’m a huge fan of twisty tales, those stories with incredibly well drawn characters that keep you on your toes for the entire time and hopefully surprise you at the end.

There have been rumblings that this type of story has now been done to death, that there are no surprises, nothing new. Well whilst J T Ellison has not necessarily done something new here what she HAS done is written a corker of a psychological thriller, with some int
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Fairy tales don't come true. Parents die and leave you alone in the world. Little girls get molested. Lovers die; husbands lie, and disappear, then try to pretend all is well.

Aubrey's husband Josh has been missing for five years and now the evil mother-in-law, Daisy, is having him declared dead. And Aubrey is livid that this woman is doing this, I didn't even know a mother could override the wife, but anyway.

The story moves back and forth in time, from
Stephanee
Apr 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
3 1/2 stars

My View:
The premise of this book enthralled me, the execution did not.

This book did not follow through with its promises – I did discover the merry go round but it made me dizzy and did not entertain. Unfortunately there were large tracks of this narrative where I could no longer suspend my disbelief - events, situations and characters that confused or just didn’t work for me.

Maybe it was me? Maybe I was tired and unable to give this the concentration it needed? And a few of the plots
Caitlin Scholes
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Are all the really good reviews a joke? I don't get it. Way too much going on in this book, the "twists" were ridiculous, the plot was a mess, & the characters were laughable. I hate reading a book with so much buzz that falls so flat. Skip this one ...more
Malia
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
No One Knows is another one of the multitude of books being touted the new 'Gone Girl', and while I enjoyed the latter, I don't think it's necessary to compare all thrillers to that book. Anyway, there goes my little gripe;-) The book has an intriguing premise and is told from different POVs as well as jumping around in time. At times, this felt a little jarring, but overall, I do enjoy multiple POVs as they often add layers to the story and make characters seem more developed. The only problem ...more
Allison Brennan
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much when I read it as an ARC, I gave it a blurb: "Unputdownable, a gripping story that begs to be read in one sitting."

Writing blurbs is actually hard, because you want to tell potential readers everything about the book, but you only have a few words. "Unputdownable" fits this book better than anything. I started it and when I was forced to put it down, I couldn't stop thinking about it--I had to know what happened. That's a sign of a great story.

I've read most of J.T. Ell
Kat
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
A twisty psychological thriller with lots of surprises. Audrey’s husband Josh disappeared five years ago the night of a party. Now he’s finally being declared officially dead and the news is affecting Audrey and her mother in law in different ways. But what really happened to Josh five years ago and is it possible he could still be alive?

It’s going to be difficult to review this one without giving away spoilers and plot twists, so I’m not going to say too much except to say this was REALLY good
Sheila Beaumont
This is the second time I've read this nearly unputdownable suspense novel. Here's what I said after my first read, in 2016:

"This is a totally riveting thriller with an unreliable narrator, lots of twists and turns, and a shocker of an ending. I may have to reread this to figure out just how I feel about the conclusion."

Well, this time I read the newly released mass-market paperback edition, which has a revised, expanded, less-ambiguous epilogue. Some readers may still not like the ending, but a
Judy D Collins
J. T. Ellison delivers a cautionary tale, a perfect marriage, childhood sweethearts, a devastating loss, cracks, a disappearance--now a widow, trying to deal with the fallout.

NO ONE KNOWS —the author’s first standalone featuring a cast of desperate, unreliable, flawed, psychotic and dysfunctional characters---lies, secrets, betrayal, evil. A mind-blowing suburban domestic suspense thriller- leaving you guessing until the end.

"Years of love had been forgot in the hatred of a minute."—Edgar A
L.A. Starks
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenally good book: Ellison takes us through the twists and turns of a plot as we learn more and more about the main character and her husband and the day he disappeared.

Highly, highly recommended.
Darcia Helle
Oh, I so wanted to love this book. I started to. I was falling deep into it, curious, fascinated, and then... Well, the 'and then' aspect is difficult to talk about without spoilers, but I will do my best.

First, I want to say that I do love Ellison's writing style. She puts me in the story, with the characters, and lets me feel what they're feeling. The concept here is compelling and full of possibilities.

But I am a detail person. I want the pieces to fit, to make sense. I have to believe it ca
Brandice
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
As I read No One Knows, I fluctuated between feeling like I wanted to roll my eyes at the (exaggerated) drama and wanting to keep reading to find out what really happened to Aubrey's husband, Josh, who disappeared after an accident 5 years ago and at the opening of the book, is declared dead by the state of TN.

I don't know if I'm learning after reading a few Thrillers that they're just not my preferred genre (due to the excessive dramatization), or the ones I'm reading just haven't been captiva
Adrienne
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
4.5. Wow - a superbly crafted story: Aubrey Hamilton's beloved husband is declared dead. Simultaneously it is revealed her husband had taken out a $5m insurance policy: with her as the beneficiary just before he 'disappeared'.
A complex story, many layers deep, wonderful characters, mystery layered upon implausibility and a surprising ending. Ie I never guessed the ending.
Unputdownable
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This was a quite engaging mystery and a quick read. I was given this ARC copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are really just a handful of characters in this novel but we see them develop as the story takes shape. Aubrey Hamilton has somewhat settled into her life as a teacher after the sudden disappearance of her husband Josh. The disappearance was very traumatic as it was thought that Josh had been murdered and Aubrey was, in the beginning, thought to be the main suspect
Linda Strong
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pub Date Mar 22, 2016

Aubrey Hamilton's husband, Josh, went missing 5 years ago. There one minute ... gone the next. Blood was splattered all over their home, leading authorities to assume he had been murdered. And since, the spouse is always the primary suspect, Aubrey had to go through the humiliation of being charged with murder. The jury found her not guilty. Her mother-in-law had Josh declared legally dead and sent Aubrey a letter stating that she was going to contest the $5 milllion insura
Brandie
When I was finding any excuse to read other books, I should've just given up then. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and didn't care for the story. Some of it was predictable, but I will admit the end threw me for a loop. Overall it was just an 'ok' read for me.
Melissa

This book had all the components of a really great thriller - a mysterious disappearance, plenty of shady characters, an often unreliable narrator and that nagging quality that forced me to examine every single little detail of the plot. It took a while for me to settle in and sort of succumb to the chaos though. Because that’s what this felt like - utter chaos.

This story was all over the place - the points of view, the periods of time and ultimately my thoughts.

Aubrey’s husband disap
Catherine McKenzie
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a thrill ride! And that final twist...yowza. Read. This. Book.
Michael
Seven and seventeen and five. That's how Aubrey Hamilton breaks down her life.

The seven years before she met Josh, the seventeen years they knew each other and were together and the five years since he went missing. Josh vanished the night of a friend's bachelor party under mysterious circumstances. Five years of questions, rumors and a trial for Aubrey haven't provided any answers as to where Josh went or why.

As the state of Tennessee has her husband legally declared dead, Aubrey's life takes
MARILYN
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A stand alone by J.T. Ellison. Different from her series, Josh and Aubrey have been sweethearts since childhood. Josh suddenly disappears and the story begins 5 years later when
Josh's mother has him declared dead. It's narrated by Aubrey who is truly an unreliable narrator. Lots of twists and turns but J.T. Ellison fans will not be disappointed. I received this copy from Netgalley for an honest review.
Amanda McGill
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Have you ever read a book where there are twists and turns and then BOOM you get punched out? That's what I felt when reading No One Knows. I was really into the novel, loving the twists and then WHACK! I felt like I had been punched. I was so taken back by the final twist and I hated it! I felt that the whole novel was ruined.

Aubrey's husband has been missing for over 5 years that he has been recently pronounced as dead. Aubrey believes that her husband is dead because he would of never done t
Stefanie N.
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked maybe 90% of this book. It had mystery, a missing person, twists and turns. This book sounded so up my alley ... and it was until i got down to the last two chapters and I was let down with a crappy ending.
Erin
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-borrowed
It was definitely riveting and I probably would have read it all in one night if I hadn't been so tired. This suspense thriller begs the question "do you know everything about your husband?"

Five years ago, Aubrey Hamilton's husband, Josh went missing, although no body was recovered the police suspected foul play and Aubrey was arrested and tried. Found not guilty, Aubrey has tried to move on with her life but she still believes that Josh will come home. At strife with her mother-in-law, Daisy,
Laurie • The Baking Bookworm
Suspense, a missing person, twists and turns. This book sounded so up my alley ... and some of it was. There were many red herrings - some surprising, some not so much - to throw the reader off course as well as a rather dark and eerie feeling surrounding the disappearance of Aubrey's husband.

It took me until about a third of the way into the book to really get invested into the story. The book had a different feel (I can't quite put my finger on it) and I liked the premise. Ellison tells her st
Question about Aubrey and Daisy 1 1 Feb 18, 2020 08:30AM

• The Wives
  • The Nanny
  • Dear Wife
  • Don't Look for Me
J.T. Ellison began her career as a presidential appointee in the White House, where a nuclear physicist taught her how to obsess over travel itineraries and make a seriously good pot of Earl Grey, spawning both her love of loose leaf and a desire for control of her own destiny. Jaded by the political climate in D.C., she made her way back to her first love, creative writing. More than 20 novels la ...more