Start by marking “No One Knows” as Want to Read:
No One Knows

No One Knows

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  9,580 Ratings  ·  1,468 Reviews
In an obsessive mystery as thrilling as The Girl on the Train and The Husband’s Secret, New York Times bestselling author J.T. Ellison will make you question every twist in her page-turning novel—and wonder which of her vividly drawn characters you should trust.

The day Aubrey Hamilton’s husband is declared dead by the state of Tennessee should bring closure so she can move
Published March 22nd 2016 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about No One Knows, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ashley Lowe I felt the same way! I wondered if it was titled No One Knows since no one knows how it ended...
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Leilani
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

James
3 stars to J.T. Ellison's No One Knows, a suspense and thriller mystery novel. I received this as a giveaway but was very interested in reading it... in the end, I'm glad I did as there were many good parts, but the ending was definitely a puzzle.

Story
Aubrey Hamilton's parents died young and she fell prey to the repugnance of a bad seed in the foster system. She had a few people watch out for her, including one she married when Josh became the love of her life. A few years into their marriage
Linda
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of No One Knows by J.T. Ellison from NetGalley for an honest review. I wish to thank NetGalley, Gallery Books, and J.T. Ellison for the opportunity.

I know. I know. I know.

This book has received higher ratings than mine. In truth, this one registers at perhaps a 3.5 which isn't all that much different. However, my itch that needed to be scratched was far more in the line of technique than storyline.

Joshua Hamilton is missing. He and his wife, Aubrey, are guests at the wedding fe
Liz Barnsley
Now anyone that follows my reviews (thank you!) will know that I’m a huge fan of twisty tales, those stories with incredibly well drawn characters that keep you on your toes for the entire time and hopefully surprise you at the end.

There have been rumblings that this type of story has now been done to death, that there are no surprises, nothing new. Well whilst J T Ellison has not necessarily done something new here what she HAS done is written a corker of a psychological thriller, with some int
Jaymie Shook
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Spoiler alert: I understand having an unreliable narrator, but you can't just pull a 180 and have that tie everything together. I enjoyed the premise and 85% of the book, but the end ruined it all for me.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Fairy tales don't come true. Parents die and leave you alone in the world. Little girls get molested. Lovers die; husbands lie, and disappear, then try to pretend all is well.

Aubrey's husband Josh has been missing for five years and now the evil mother-in-law, Daisy, is having him declared dead. And Aubrey is livid that this woman is doing this, I didn't even know a mother could override the wife, but anyway.

The story moves back and forth in time, from wh
Denise
Mar 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
No. No. No. Don't bother.
I am not even going to review this one. I could barely get through it. I am done reading books that are compared to GONE GIRL and GIRL ON THE TRAIN. I am done reading books with unreliable narrators and those that have twists that really don't make any sense other than to be a "gotcha" -- know what I mean? When you know there is one and are looking for one, you're prepared and it is a gimmick. I want to believe my characters and like them -- and even if I can't, I still
Melissa
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
3 1/2 stars

My View:
The premise of this book enthralled me, the execution did not.

This book did not follow through with its promises – I did discover the merry go round but it made me dizzy and did not entertain. Unfortunately there were large tracks of this narrative where I could no longer suspend my disbelief - events, situations and characters that confused or just didn’t work for me.

Maybe it was me? Maybe I was tired and unable to give this the concentration it needed? And a few of the plots
Stephanee
Apr 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Malia
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
No One Knows is another one of the multitude of books being touted the new 'Gone Girl', and while I enjoyed the latter, I don't think it's necessary to compare all thrillers to that book. Anyway, there goes my little gripe;-) The book has an intriguing premise and is told from different POVs as well as jumping around in time. At times, this felt a little jarring, but overall, I do enjoy multiple POVs as they often add layers to the story and make characters seem more developed. The only problem ...more
Caitlin Scholes
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Are all the really good reviews a joke? I don't get it. Way too much going on in this book, the "twists" were ridiculous, the plot was a mess, & the characters were laughable. I hate reading a book with so much buzz that falls so flat. Skip this one
Allison Brennan
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much when I read it as an ARC, I gave it a blurb: "Unputdownable, a gripping story that begs to be read in one sitting."

Writing blurbs is actually hard, because you want to tell potential readers everything about the book, but you only have a few words. "Unputdownable" fits this book better than anything. I started it and when I was forced to put it down, I couldn't stop thinking about it--I had to know what happened. That's a sign of a great story.

I've read most of J.T. Ell
Judy Collins
J. T. Ellison delivers a cautionary tale, a perfect marriage, childhood sweethearts, a devastating loss, cracks, a disappearance--now a widow, trying to deal with the fallout.

NO ONE KNOWS —the author’s first standalone featuring a cast of desperate, unreliable, flawed, psychotic and dysfunctional characters---lies, secrets, betrayal, evil. A mind-blowing suburban domestic suspense thriller- leaving you guessing until the end.

"Years of love had been forgot in the hatred of a minute."—Edgar A
Darcia Helle
Oh, I so wanted to love this book. I started to. I was falling deep into it, curious, fascinated, and then... Well, the 'and then' aspect is difficult to talk about without spoilers, but I will do my best.

First, I want to say that I do love Ellison's writing style. She puts me in the story, with the characters, and lets me feel what they're feeling. The concept here is compelling and full of possibilities.

But I am a detail person. I want the pieces to fit, to make sense. I have to believe it ca
Dorie
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This was a quite engaging mystery and a quick read. I was given this ARC copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are really just a handful of characters in this novel but we see them develop as the story takes shape. Aubrey Hamilton has somewhat settled into her life as a teacher after the sudden disappearance of her husband Josh. The disappearance was very traumatic as it was thought that Josh had been murdered and Aubrey was, in the beginning, thought to be the main suspect
Linda Strong
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pub Date Mar 22, 2016

Aubrey Hamilton's husband, Josh, went missing 5 years ago. There one minute ... gone the next. Blood was splattered all over their home, leading authorities to assume he had been murdered. And since, the spouse is always the primary suspect, Aubrey had to go through the humiliation of being charged with murder. The jury found her not guilty. Her mother-in-law had Josh declared legally dead and sent Aubrey a letter stating that she was going to contest the $5 milllion insura
Brandie
When I was finding any excuse to read other books, I should've just given up then. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and didn't care for the story. Some of it was predictable, but I will admit the end threw me for a loop. Overall it was just an 'ok' read for me.
Catherine McKenzie
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a thrill ride! And that final twist...yowza. Read. This. Book.
Melissa

This book had all the components of a really great thriller - a mysterious disappearance, plenty of shady characters, an often unreliable narrator and that nagging quality that forced me to examine every single little detail of the plot. It took a while for me to settle in and sort of succumb to the chaos though. Because that’s what this felt like - utter chaos.

This story was all over the place - the points of view, the periods of time and ultimately my thoughts.

Aubrey’s husband disap
Michael
Seven and seventeen and five. That's how Aubrey Hamilton breaks down her life.

The seven years before she met Josh, the seventeen years they knew each other and were together and the five years since he went missing. Josh vanished the night of a friend's bachelor party under mysterious circumstances. Five years of questions, rumors and a trial for Aubrey haven't provided any answers as to where Josh went or why.

As the state of Tennessee has her husband legally declared dead, Aubrey's life takes
Brandice
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
As I read No One Knows, I fluctuated between feeling like I wanted to roll my eyes at the (exaggerated) drama and wanting to keep reading to find out what really happened to Aubrey's husband, Josh, who disappeared after an accident 5 years ago and at the opening of the book, is declared dead by the state of TN.

I don't know if I'm learning after reading a few Thrillers that they're just not my preferred genre (due to the excessive dramatization), or the ones I'm reading just haven't been captiva
MARILYN
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A stand alone by J.T. Ellison. Different from her series, Josh and Aubrey have been sweethearts since childhood. Josh suddenly disappears and the story begins 5 years later when
Josh's mother has him declared dead. It's narrated by Aubrey who is truly an unreliable narrator. Lots of twists and turns but J.T. Ellison fans will not be disappointed. I received this copy from Netgalley for an honest review.
Amanda McGill
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Have you ever read a book where there are twists and turns and then BOOM you get punched out? That's what I felt when reading No One Knows. I was really into the novel, loving the twists and then WHACK! I felt like I had been punched. I was so taken back by the final twist and I hated it! I felt that the whole novel was ruined.

Aubrey's husband has been missing for over 5 years that he has been recently pronounced as dead. Aubrey believes that her husband is dead because he would of never done t
Laurie • The Baking Bookworm
Suspense, a missing person, twists and turns. This book sounded so up my alley ... and some of it was. There were many red herrings - some surprising, some not so much - to throw the reader off course as well as a rather dark and eerie feeling surrounding the disappearance of Aubrey's husband.

It took me until about a third of the way into the book to really get invested into the story. The book had a different feel (I can't quite put my finger on it) and I liked the premise. Ellison tells her st
Stefanie N.
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked maybe 90% of this book. It had mystery, a missing person, twists and turns. This book sounded so up my alley ... and it was until i got down to the last two chapters and I was let down with a crappy ending.
Lisa
Sep 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Yes, this review is hidden because it completely spoils everything, but I would urge you to read it anyway and skip this horrible book. Save yourself. Life is too short to be (view spoiler).

(view spoiler)
Yellagirlgc
4.5 stars☆
I received a copy of this title through NetGalley for an honest review.

I never expected that ending! Definitely reminded me of Gone Girl with the twists and suspense. I really loved this book.
It's been five years that Aubrey Hamiltons husband has been missing and he's finally declared legally dead. What happened and who knows what? Psychological suspense that'll have you pull an all nighter versus stop reading to sleep.
Elaine Appelle
Mar 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Absolutely awful. Ridiculous plot, poor writing, and ludicrous dialogue. The heroine goes to a restaurant to drink champagne with her returned from the grave husband, after she has been shot in the leg? Just one example of what occurs in this poorly written crazy novel. To compare it to Girl on the Train, which is a well written, believable thriller, is doing that book a grave injustice.
Katherine
”He mustn’t ever know.

No one could ever know.”

Synopsis: ‘No. Never again. I see what you’re trying to do to me, book. Claiming to be the next ‘Gone Girl’ and all that jazz. Well, you aren’t playing me. I’ve been betrayed by one too many psychological thrillers this year with unreliable narrators and disappearing husbands. IMMA OUTFOOL Y’ALL. YOU CAN’T MAKE ME READ YOU!!!’

Narrator chimes in: She will, indeed, be fooled.

Biblio-Babble:
* HOLY MOTHEREFFIN’ CRAP, THAT ENDING. I did not see that
Monnie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
After I finished the first few chapters of this book, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to care much what happens to Aubrey Hamilton, the central female character. Her much-loved husband Josh went missing five years earlier after mysteriously failing to show up at a friend's bachelor party. As the prime suspect, Aubrey was arrested, charged and put on trial but acquitted for lack of evidence; now, and her nasty mother-in-law Daisy finally succeeded in her quest to have her son declared legally de ...more
Around the Year i...: No One Knows, by J.T. Ellson 2 54 Nov 25, 2016 12:15PM
  • The Drowning Girls
  • All the Missing Girls
  • She's Not There
  • Last Ride to Graceland
  • The Burning Girl (The Hollows - Short Story, #2)
  • The Other Widow
  • Flight of Dreams
  • Somewhere Out There
  • The Woman in Cabin 10
  • The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge (Liberty, #5)
  • All Is Not Forgotten
  • Sister Dear
  • The Sister
  • Missing Pieces
  • Don't You Cry
  • As Night Falls
  • The Lies We Tell
  • The Ripper Gene
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author J.T. Ellison writes standalone domestic noir and psychological thriller series, the latter starring Nashville Homicide Lt. Taylor Jackson and medical examiner Dr. Samantha Owens, and pens the international thriller series “A Brit in the FBI" with #1 New York Times bestselling author Catherine Coulter. Cohost of the Emmy Award-winning literary televis ...more
More about J.T. Ellison

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The House of Memory (Pluto's Snitch #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner, #6)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Twisted Root (William Monk, #10)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Red Road (Alex Morrow #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Detective (Peter Diamond, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Now You See Her
    $10.00 $2.99
  • The Beast (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #21)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4)
    $14.99 $4.99
  • The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter, #2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Marathon Man
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
  • Retribution
  • Duplicity
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Widowmaker (Mike Bowditch #7)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Remember Me Like This
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Penance
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Cold Harbor (Gibson Vaughn, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service (James Bond, #11)
  • Neighborly
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
  • The Drowning
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Second Girl
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spree (Codename: Chandler #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Silent Victim
  • In Farleigh Field
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonfeather (Gibson Vaughn, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time Heals No Wounds (Baltic Sea Crime #1)
  • The Good Samaritan
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Looking Glass  (The Naturalist #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite #1)