Start by marking “Spring Fever” as Want to Read:
Spring Fever

Spring Fever

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  18,279 ratings  ·  1,498 reviews
First husbands
Annajane truly believes she is over her ex-husband, Mason. They've been divorced for four years, she's engaged to a terrific new guy, and she's ready to leave the small North Carolina town where she and Mason had so much history. She is so over Mason that she has absolutely no problem attending his wedding. But when fate intervenes and the wedding is called
Published June 5th 2012 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Spring Fever, please sign up.
Kristi Smith This was not my favorite Mary Kay Andrews' book, but I still enjoyed it. If you haven't read any of her other books yet, check out Deep Dish and…moreThis was not my favorite Mary Kay Andrews' book, but I still enjoyed it. If you haven't read any of her other books yet, check out Deep Dish and Savannah Breeze. Those are two of her best! I live in Savannah and love chick lit, so I'm a huge Mary Kay Andrews fan. I hope you enjoy her books!(less)
The Help by Kathryn StockettTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie FlaggGarden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Quirky Southern Fiction
838 books — 1,904 voters
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Chick-Lit
2,147 books — 4,638 voters

More lists with this book...

·  18,279 ratings  ·  1,498 reviews

Nancy Madacsi
Jan 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
The kinds of book we enjoy really are matter of personal taste. I downloaded this audiobook and actually listened to the entire book, being to lazy to download another.

Why one star? I was not able to relate to the dysfunctional characters and the illogical story line. I kept asking myself questions about the plot. For example, what exactly makes Anna Jean so important to the company? She apparently sat on her butt in her office for five years, feeling sorry for herself, watching sales decline a
Jacob Proffitt
May 22, 2019 marked it as unfinished
Shelves: chick-lit
I'm going to dnf this with no rating because it's not really the book's fault that it isn't a story I'm interested in. Andrews spins a great story and the location is evocative and the relationship dynamics complex and in ways that have great potential.

My problem is that I'm primarily a romance reader and this is very firmly chick-lit. The romance is developing painfully slowly and could be resolved with a conversation and a little charity. And it isn't even that the author is artificially keepi
Marla
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This was a very fun audiobook. I brought it into the house to finish as I was cleaning and my husband kept laughing at the little bits he was hearing. He finally said he thought the book was pretty funny. I really enjoy Mary Kay Andrews especially as an audiobook.
Dianne
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fever by Mary Kay Andrews (Summer Rental)

*ARC Supplied by Publisher*

This is a book about second chances It is about when life hands us a ‘do-over’ do we have the depth of character and maturity to take a chance on getting things right the second time around. It is about Mason’s integrity and his abiding love of a family business that will keep a town from going under. It is about Annajanes ability to love and trust someone that she has a few doubts about.

Annajane and Mason have just such a chanc
Alisia
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Written for : Beyond Reading

Spring Fever was so essentially... sweet. When I read the blurb, I thought it was going to be an explosive reuinion - exes arguing and rehashing the past to move on. I didn't expect it to be such a tentative, loving joining.

I think the characters were well-rounded through and through, with Annajane positively shining as a strong, dedicated heroine (despite ditching her marriage) and Mason being as honest as he was. Background characters tend to lack depth, b
Tammy
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Spring Fever was a slow-starter for me. It had an incredible amount of back story that dragged on and was confusing at times. (I found myself getting lost between the past/present and having to re-read.) In fairness, most of the back story was needed to support the plot and romance. Eventually the story picked up pace about half-way through and I grew to like Annajane and Mason. Reading about the adorable antics of 6-year-old Sophie and her pink pocketbook made it all worth it.

Anything written b
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a MUST READ y'all. If you only read one MKA book, let it be this one - please!

I absolutely love MKA, and I think this is my favorite book of hers that I've read so far. She is such a talented writer and has such a beautiful way of captivating the reader's attention to a story. I love how she slowly and carefully weaves details and backstory for the characters throughout her books. I love that she constantly includes humerus southern-isms and names into the stories, which made them slight
Eve
May 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book moved on reeaaaally slow….rambling on and on and never really getting anywhere.
Spring Fever starts with Annajane Hudgens attending the wedding of her ex-husband, Mason Bayless. They've been divorced for several years, she's engaged to a new, terrific guy, and she's ready to start new life. Sounds like interesting beginning but I didn't like that there were too many flashbacks and by the time we reach chapter five, the wedding circus still goes on. I had to force myself to continue rea
bookczuk
Not great literature, but fun enough to listen to in the car between destinations. I met the author once, and was totally charmed by her,so it's fun to pick up one of her books occasionally. Also liked the bits fo soft drink company-isms, as I once dated the son of a VP from once of our national chains. The house had the soda logo all over the place. On my first visit, there were a slew of gifts for me with the logo, too: tee shirts, tote bag, pillow, jewlery box, bracelet, earrings, socks... "W ...more
Amy "the book-bat"
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm surprised by how invested I found myself in this book. I was fussing at the characters when they did something stupid, was thrilled when they finally did the right thing, was shocked when certain things were revealed. I loved the gay couple that ran the motel, they were fun and I would have liked to see a bit more of them.
Alee
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the 3rd book in the last few weeks that I've read by Andrews. In fact, it was a review of this book that caused me to read the other ones because the older books were available at the library while I waited (i.e., name placed on the wait list).

In some ways, in an uncertain world where people's real stories often turn out horribly, it's nice to read some books where the ending is happy but plausible. This book falls in this category. Sometimes that bad things that people do catch up with
Oakley-Raine
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great Mary Kay Andrews story. She keeps you guessing till the very end and all ends well as usual. Loved Annajane's feisty bestfriends Pokey.
Dianne
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Review Of Different Edition

Fever by Mary Kay Andrews (Summer Rental)

*ARC Supplied by Publisher*

Annajane and
Jen
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Spring Fever is most definitely Andrews' best work, to date (though I can't quite reconcile the title to the story. I suppose if everyone was at as much of a loss when attempting to come up with another title as I seem to be, it's fitting enough. Still...)

I could not put this one down, and enjoyed every minute of it. The classic tale of family secrets, sibling rivalry, small-town drama (gossip), long lost love, people who are not at all what they seem to be...

My husband kept interrupting me, ask
Lynn Hoffmann
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Chick lit books. I have a love/hate relationship with these books. I love the familiarity of them, the comfort, and the mindless page turning. But they, like many genres, have a formula. And it almost always involves a happy and far-fetched ending. In the latest book I devoured, compliments of the public library, this was certainly the case once again. In "Spring Fever" by Mary Kay Andrews, our protagonist, Annajane Hudgens, believes she is over her ex-husband, Mason. Mason, of course, is good l ...more
Toto66
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed some of her other books. I love a book that can make me laugh out loud and I have always found this with her books. This one...eh...not so much. Although it was an easy read and kept my interest I am missing the wit brought forth in her previous books. I totally disliked Mason. I need a stronger male character and I found him lacking and kind of a wuss. I did get that the main characters loved each other but didn't really know why. And if their love was as enduring as portr ...more
Jen
Oh child! This is like Red Velvet cake, Diet Dr. Pepper, fried okra - good old Southern family and "made" family... Skeletons in the closet... Lawdy! I loved it! (Chuckle)
Reni
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Had me listening to the audio book every spare minute of the day. It was a long one but I really really really got into it. I'm going to check out some of her other books. New author for me.
Cortney Walton
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was cute, I really enjoyed it. It is one of my favorites by Mary Kay Andrews.
Shuhada Ramli
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first 2018 book. MKA has always been consistently writing about weddings and marriage. I am so glad I have read this. It was full of drama. Strong characters and consistent plots. It’s all about the love-hate relationship.
Judy Collins
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The BEST!!! I have read all Mary Kay Andrews; books and this was awesome! Loved the setting in Passcoe, NC with Quixie Cherry Soda (which were fictitious names for (Salisbury, NC and Cheerwine). Having spent a great deal of my childhood in Salisbury, NC and LakeHideaway - brought back a lot of fun memories. Started and completed it over the weekend as you cannot put it down! A must read..

The New York Times bestselling author of Summer Rental (which I also loved set in Tybee Island, SC) delivers
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I am not quite sure what I thought. As some of my other reviews note, I enjoy love stories. But lately, I keep picking up ones where the conflict is so contrived that I just can't feel any sympathy for the characters.
What I don't understand is what was going on in the five years that Annajane and Mason were split up. Five years...is a long freakin' time!!!
I find it very hard to believe that anyone could stand working in the same office, pining over someone for five long years. And then actually
Erin
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to receive this galley from NetGalley. I love Mary Kay Andrews, her books are always so entertaining with great characters, and of course the setting in the south - a weakness.

Annajane had been madly in love with Mason for it seems her whole life. She stays clear of him for five years, after a short attempt at a marriage. But when she attends his wedding to Celia, a business wonder, she realizes she is definitely not over Mason, although she herself is engaged. Thankfully, Mason
Dana
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A 402 page book started last night and finished early this afternoon? Doesn't that say it all? I LOVED, loved, loved Mary Kay Andrews' newest novel, Spring Fever. Annajane and Mason were in love and married. Now Annajane is watching Mason stand at the alter as his new bride walks towards him. Then the fun begins! There is corporate back stabbing and there are lies & secrets, some of which I never saw coming (which is a sign of a good writer!). There is love and loss and so much fun along the ...more
Qurat
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really don't know what kind of fools they take women for to play out utterly ridiculous crap!
The hero is like all other stupid films: he hurts the person, again and again and still she is desperately in love with him. Deterred from marrying 'the crazy lady' he returns yet again to Annjane, his ex wife. Of course the crazy villain plays the I am pregnant card and because he doesn't live in the 21st century and he hasn't EVER heard the story he falls for it!
Completely unoriginal. I have no idea
Ann
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This has probably been my favorite MK Andrews book yet. I'm such a sucker for Cheerwine though that I just really loved the storyline involving the fictitious Quixie beverage which was written based on Cheerwine. The main characters feels about Quixie mirror mine about Cheerwine, so this book was just perfect for me. I finished it while at the beach, and it is a great light beach read!
Melissa Cox
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book may have been more like 4.5 stars for me....I just loved it! The small town NC setting, the Quizie/Cheerwine, the characters, all of it! Of course it all got wrapped up very neatly (too neatly?) at the end, but I expected that, and it made me happy!
Kim
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another good one from Andrews. I couldn't put it down. Annajane watched her ex-husband's wedding gets postponed while the bride is walking down the aisle and the family drama that ensues becomes the story. So much mystery and surprises I couldn't stop reading.
Sarah Easley
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was entertaining enough but really pretty shallow. Celia was a comically flat "evil" character, while Annajane was underdeveloped. I only finished because I was reading on a plane.
Anje Hawkins
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Would've been a better read on the beach! I love a cute summer chick-lit book when my toes are in the sand. Not my typical genre to read, but a cute, fast read nonetheless.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #25 Spring Fever 1 2 Mar 22, 2014 07:49AM
Mansfield Public ...: Spring Fever Review by Winnie Jackson 1 7 Jul 13, 2013 09:27AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Spring Fever - 6th May Book 1 3 May 16, 2013 10:40AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Spring Fever 1 3 Jun 28, 2012 07:25AM

• Homemade Sin (Callahan Garrity Mystery, #3)
  • Porch Lights
  • Sea Change
  • Always Something There to Remind Me
  • Beach House Memories (Beach House #3)
  • Moon Shell Beach
  • Ocean Beach (Ten Beach Road, #2)
  • One Good Friend Deserves Another
  • The Meryl Streep Movie Club
  • Second Time Around
  • The Ex-Debutante
  • The Red Hat Club Rides Again
Mary Kay Andrews is the pen name of American writer Kathy Hogan Trocheck, based in Atlanta, who has authored a number of best-selling books under the Andrews pen name since 2002.

Trochek graduated from the University of Georgia with a journalism degree in 1976. She worked as a reporter at a number of papers, and spent 11 years as a reporter for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution before leaving to wri
“truck driver, but mostly earning” 0 likes
“That conniving little slut,” Pokey said. “I’d like to rip her arms off and beat her to death with ’em.” 0 likes