We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Not Too Challenging Challenges > August 2016: All Together Now. A Group Challenge

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay (last edited Aug 01, 2016 10:01AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments

~ All Together Now: An August Group Challenge ~
We’re going to see if we can all pitch in and spell something.

For August let’s try the words “The Dog Days of Summer with Lisa Kleypas.”

RULES: Only ONE book per person may be submitted. You may reserve your letter now, on a first come, first serve. However, you may change your mind later in the month, just let us know as soon as possible.

Read a book with a title, series name, author’s (first or last name), character (first or last name), that begin with the letter that correspond to letters of the words we have chosen. You may ignore the indefinite and definite articles (a, an, the, etc.).

Example of Spell-It-Out in Post #2 below. If you need to know, here is info on how to Add a Book or Bookcover Link.

00/33

T. - The Hunter by Kerrigan Byrne [To be read by Carol.]
H. -
E. -
The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne
D. -
O. - Once a Soldier, by Mary Jo Putney [To be read by Chocolatesoup.]
G. -
Once a Soldier (Rogues Redeemed, #1) by Mary Jo Putney
D. -
A. - Anything for You, by Kristan Higgins [To be read by Sharlene.]
Y. -
S. -
Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5) by Kristan Higgins
O. -
F. -

S. -
U. - The Untamed MacKenzie, by Jennifer Ashley [To be read by Rosemarie.]
M. - Maxwell, Cathy; author of The Scottish Witch [To be read by Elaine.]
M. - Marrying Winterborne, by Lisa Kleypas [To be read by Lisa Kay.]
E. -
R. - Rhapsody in Paris, by Ju Ephraime [To be read by Jean.]
The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5) by Jennifer Ashley The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2) by Cathy Maxwell Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Rhapsody in Paris (LaCasse, #4) by Ju Ephraime
W. -
I.  -
T. - Thief of Shadows, by Elizabeth Hoyt [To be read by Kelly.]
H. -
Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4) by Elizabeth Hoyt
L. -
I. -
S. -
A. - Archer, Zoe; author of Collision Course [To read by Pamela.]
Collision Course (8th Wing #1) by Zoe Archer
K. -
L. -
E. -
Y. -
P. - Prince of Dreams , by Lisa Kleypas [To be read by Alicia.]
A. -
S. -
Prince of Dreams (Stokehurst, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 2: by Lisa Kay (new)

Spell-It-Out Example - We used all Lisa Kleypas books, but that isn’t a requirement.
L. - Lisa Kleypas; author of Sugar Daddy
I. - Iona Cannon: character in Lady Sophia's Lover, by Lisa Kleypas
S. - Stokehurst #2 - Prince of Dreams, by Lisa Kleypas
A. - Again the Magic, by Lisa Kleypas]
Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Prince of Dreams (Stokehurst, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas

message 3: by Lisa Kay (last edited Aug 01, 2016 10:09AM) (new)

Blinkie Maker

Alicia P
Carol T
Chocolatesoup O
Elaine M
Ju R
Kelly (Vintage) T
Lisa Kay M
Pamela A
Rosemarie U
Sharlene A

message 4: by AliciaJ (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

AliciaJ Hi Lisa Kay,
I'd like to take the P for Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams (Stokehurst, #2) by Lisa Kleypas .

message 5: by Ju (last edited Jul 31, 2016 10:52AM) (new)

Ju Ephraime (juephraime) | 7 comments I'll take R for Rhapsody in Paris by Ju Ephraime

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Hi Lisa Kay,
Can I have M for Maxwell The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2) by Cathy Maxwell
Thanks

message 7: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Can I have U for The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5) by Jennifer Ashley The Untamed MacKenzie

Thank you

message 8: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments I have a contemporary series I want to finish, so can I have an A for Anything for You, by Kristan Higgins? Hopefully that's acceptable, even if it's not historical romance!

message 10: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup I'll take an "O" for Once a Soldier (Rogues Redeemed, #1) by Mary Jo Putney

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments A for Archer, Zoe Collision Course Please!?!

message 12: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Can I have a T for The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne by Kerrigan Byrne"

Another book & series I want to get to! Have you read the other 2 books? I forget.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Sharlene wrote: "Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Can I have a T for The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne by Kerrigan Byrne"

Another book & series I want to get to! Have you read the other 2 books?..."

Sharlene, this is the second book in the series. I've read and reviewed book #1 The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1) by Kerrigan Byrne and have book #3 The Highlander (Victorian Rebels, #3) by Kerrigan Byrne and Book #4 The Duke (Victorian Rebels, #4) by Kerrigan Byrne is due to be published on February 7th 2017.

message 14: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Sharlene wrote: "Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Can I have a T for The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne by Kerrigan Byrne"

Another book & series I want to get to! Have you read t..."

OK, thanks, Carol!

message 15: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) I'll take the second T if available with Thief of Shadows.

Thanks, Kelly

message 16: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) Elaine wrote: "Hi Lisa Kay,
Can I have M for Maxwell The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2) by Cathy Maxwell
Thanks "

Thanks "

May I just say, Rosemarie, that you selected a mighty fine book-cover for the August challenge! I'm sure the book is good as well.

message 17: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Vintage wrote: "I'll take the second T if available with Thief of Shadows.

Thanks, Kelly"

Love that series.

message 18: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Welcome to the team, Alicia, Ju, Elaine, Rosemarie, Sharlene, Carol, Chocolatesoup, Pamela, & Kelly (Vintage)! I’m in too.

Did I get everyone? Let me know, if I missed someone. (I'll double check, too.)

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Sharlene wrote: "I have a contemporary series I want to finish, so can I have an A for Anything for You, by Kristan Higgins? Hopefully that's acceptable, even if it's not historical romance!"

Any genre, fiction or non-fiction... any book is acceptable, as long as it is read.

message 20: by Lindy-Lane (last edited Aug 11, 2016 07:56AM) (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 78 comments "L" in lisa for Lauraine Snelling the book An Untamed Land please with a reading cherry on top.

finished my book 8.10....4 star read.

message 21: by Chill (new)

Chill | 23 comments "D" for Dark Carousel by Christine feehan

message 22: by kathie (new)

kathie (kathie-ellen) | 117 comments Hi Lisa...can I have "K" for Stella Riley's The King's Falcon by Stella Riley ? thanks

message 23: by Elena (new)

Elena | 105 comments May I have S for Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews, please?

message 24: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup I've finished Once a Soldier (Rogues Redeemed, #1) by Mary Jo Putney -3 stars

message 25: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I finished M for Maxwell The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2) by Cathy Maxwell

very enjoyable read 4*

message 26: by Ju (new)

Ju Ephraime (juephraime) | 7 comments I'm reading MARRYING WINTERBORNE after The Rake. So far, not feeling Winterborne. :)

message 27: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments done, Collision Course August 8th, 4 stars

message 28: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) Thief of Shadows

A disappointed 2 stars, but I've been in a mood so take it with a grain of salt.

message 29: by kathie (new)

kathie (kathie-ellen) | 117 comments I have finished The King's Falcon by Stella Riley and gave it 5 stars.

message 30: by Lindy-Lane (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 78 comments finished my book 8.10....4 star read.

An Untamed Land : Lauraine Snelling

i was the "L" in lisa...see original post #20 of this thread.

message 31: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ Finished Prince of Dreams (Stokehurst, #2) by Lisa Kleypas by Lisa Kleypas, 4 stars.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Finished The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne by Kerrigan Byrne - 5* - A dark, gritty, compelling and passionate love story.

message 33: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Finished The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne by Kerrigan Byrne - 5* - A dark, gritty, compelling and passionate love story. "

Thanks - this is on my list, too!

message 34: by Chill (new)

Chill | 23 comments Finished reading Dark Carousel

message 35: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 848 comments I'll take a D - actually I already finished it!
I read Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon and loved it as much on the reread as the first time around years ago. Still a 5* read - a listen really - Davina Porter makes Jamie & Claire (and all the others) really come alive.

message 36: by Elena (new)

Elena | 105 comments Finished Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews and really liked it. In fact urban fantasy and paranormal are fast becoming my favourites.

message 37: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I'll try and get to updating this thread today, ladies.

message 38: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments I finished my book! So good! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...