YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Tibia (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 539 (539 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Jul 28, 2016 09:40AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Team Tibia

Melanie
Rachel
Bookbuyer
Victoria B

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Do you guys mind if we do puzzle 19 first?? :D

message 3: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Aug 01, 2016 03:31PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22842 comments Mod
These are some of my books for the month. I'm only going to post planned BR and GBRs for now.

GBRs

1st Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton

4th Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn

8th The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu

15th Conversion by Katherine Howe

18th vN (The Machine Dynasty, #1) by Madeline Ashby

25th Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty

29th These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker

Planned BRs

2nd Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder (With Nicole and Helen 2.0)

3rd Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard (With Maddison)

6th This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab - Challenge Corner GBR and BR with Victoria B from group Tibia.

8th The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles (With Dawnie in Challenge Corner)

11th The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong (With Quirks)

17th The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey (With Nicole)

20th The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (With Quirks)

22nd Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini (With Nicole)

24th Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman (With Quirks)

27th Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown (With Sharon in YA Buddies and Kaylin in Challenge Corner)

30th The Martian by Andy Weir (With Kelly)

Possible BRs I might join
1st Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
2nd Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto
3rd Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter, #8) by J.K. Rowling
8th The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
11th Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
12th The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
13th The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh
14th Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
24th Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu
27th Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Hey Bookbuyer! :D

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments I'm super excited too!! I went solo in July's challenge, so I'm rested and ready to go crazy reading this month. Lol ;)

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments My first book will be good for letters C, G, K, and B. It's also a buddy read, so I'll pick a vowel. I'm thinking letter C for the book and then bonus letter E. Sound good?

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Hi everyone! :) I'm really excited to take part this month! I haven't decided yet what I'm planning to read, but I'll try and come up with a list :)

I'm not a 100% sure what book I will read first. But it's one of these ones:

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab T + S + V
Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton E + B + A
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas T + O + G + S + J + M
Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder S + G + M + V + S

Victoria wrote: "Ahh The Savage Song! I've really been wanting to read that one. I've heard great things. I'm hoping to grab a copy of it soon.

So far, the only books I'm sure I'll be reading next month are:
[book..."

I mostly added it to my list since it's the GBR from another group. It does sound interesting though. ^-^

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "Ahh The Savage Song! I've really been wanting to read that one. I've heard great things. I'm hoping to grab a copy of it soon.

So far, the only books I'm sure I'll be reading next month are:
[book..."

I should really read the Winner's Curse but I have too many other books planned. :/

message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "I think I might actually buy a copy of This Savage Song. Would you like to buddy read it with me? That way it can count for some extra points :)

I've had The Winner's Curse for several months, bu..."

I can definitely try to fit it into my schedule. Right now I'm mostly free on the weekends so let me go check.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Right now the 6th works best for me. :)

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "That's perfect! Would you like me to set it up? :)"

Sure. That'd be great! :D TY.

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "No problem :) I just requested it."

^-^

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments I'm so excited to start!! :D

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Out of curiosity, what other challenges is everyone else doing? I just signed up for everything except for the GBR and the Non-reading challenge. I kept changing my mind on the non- reading challen..."

I signed up for everything but the GBR's. :)

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "Out of curiosity, what other challenges is everyone else doing? I just signed up for everything except for the GBR and the Non-reading challenge. I kept changing my mind on the non- reading challen..."

I signed up for EVERYTHING! Because i enjoy craziness. :P

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "Lol I'm going to be lurking and watching from behind my popcorn to see how everyone reacts with the harder non-reading rounds. :P

However, I will be trying to solve them on my own because I'm neu..."

I think I ended up mostly giving up around the last week last year. Then the last few days I tried again. :/

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "I was looking at some of the stuff that you all had to guess and I couldn't figure them out at all. Some of them are very intense! O.o"

It's worse when you have to find a YA book for that extra point. I'd keep forgetting or get fed up and just submit a one point book. :/

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Finished my first book! I'll go post as soon as possible. I think I know our current puzzle, so I'll put a guess in as soon as Abbie responds. :)

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Finished my first book! I'll go post as soon as possible. I think I know our current puzzle, so I'll put a guess in as soon as Abbie responds. :)"

Woohoo!

message 22: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Found our book for puzzle 19! I picked 26 for our next one, so it'll get posted right away. :) Are you guys fine with that? Whoever solves the puzzle picks the next number??

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Found our book for puzzle 19! I picked 26 for our next one, so it'll get posted right away. :) Are you guys fine with that? Whoever solves the puzzle picks the next number??"

Fantastic job Melanie!

I'm fine with the picking the number thing. :)

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Thanks guys!

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Finished another book and got it posted. Requested T and E. :) I love shorter books, haha. ;p

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I'm away for the a couple of days and I'll still be reading but I won't be able to post any reviews or anything till I get home Wednesday night :) I've finished one book this morning :)

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm away for the a couple of days and I'll still be reading but I won't be able to post any reviews or anything till I get home Wednesday night :) I've finished one book this morning :)"

Yay! What book did you finish? :D

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I'm only 5% into my first book. I'm feeling like a slacker. :/

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "I'm only 5% into my first book. I'm feeling like a slacker. :/"

5% is good! What are you reading? :)

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments It's possible that our current puzzle is "Afterworlds" by Scott Westerfeld. Just going off of the empty puzzle...it fits. lol ;)

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Melanie wrote: "It's possible that our current puzzle is "Afterworlds" by Scott Westerfeld. Just going off of the empty puzzle...it fits. lol ;)"

Nope. Not it. I got to stop getting my hopes up when I find a book that fits. :/

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I'm only 5% into my first book. I'm feeling like a slacker. :/"

5% is good! What are you reading? :)"

Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton which is a GBR. :)

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

We seem to keep getting really long one word titles. O.o

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "We seem to keep getting really long one word titles. O.o"

I know... And this one is really hard to figure out. :/

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "We seem to keep getting really long one word titles. O.o"

I know... And this one is really hard to figure out. :/"

:(

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Yay!! Our current puzzle isn't a one word title!! haha. ;p

message 37: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Anyone want to buddy read No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1) by Danielle Paige ? I already started it and am 40% done, but would love to buddy read it! :D

message 38: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Yes! I can read it with you :)"

Thanks!! Do you want me to request/make the thread?

message 39: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments What puzzle number do you guys want to do next? I'm pretty positive our current one is The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love and put in the guess.

message 40: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Yes please. I'm on my phone right now :)"

Okay! :D

message 41: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments That was the correct book - Abbie just confirmed. :D It was an easy one! :D I guess I'll go with puzzle number 1, since Abbie is online right now and that way we can get it up? Hope that's okay...

message 42: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Yes please. I'm on my phone right now :)"

Here's the thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "That's okay with me. :) you're so good at this! I'm still trying to finish my first book lol I need about 120 pages to go."

Awwww. Thanks! But I'm really just reading short books atm, so I'm able to get through them quickly. :)

message 44: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Do you guys think our current puzzle could be: Nil by Lynne Matson?

_ _ _ By _ _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ _

message 45: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "I have tons of short books to read. I need to get on them. :D

It's possible. Do you want to wait until we can submit a letter first just to be sure? I read somewhere that they take points off if w..."

Definitely waiting...as I've been wrong twice now with my initial thought at our empty puzzles. ;) Just wanted to throw it out there so I wouldn't forget the title. O.o

I never knew you could lose points for an incorrect guess, but I know you can't make a guess until a book has been read/posted for the current puzzle.

message 46: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Victoria wrote: "I have tons of short books to read. I need to get on them. :D

It's possible. Do you want to wait until we can submit a letter first just to be sure? I read somewhere that they tak..."

You are on fire Melanie! I had to go to sleep so I'm still at 5%! :(

I did add another BR to my list though. :D

message 47: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Victoria wrote: "I'm not 100% sure if it's true, but someone mentioned it in another thread :/"

I don't remember that specifically from last year but that doesn't mean it's not :/

message 48: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "I'm not 100% sure if it's true, but someone mentioned it in another thread :/"

I should go ask Abbie then to make sure. I would never want to make a guess that I wasn't 100% sure on if that was the case. :/

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "I agree, we should ask just to be sure. Who knows, maybe that person was wrong. I'm hoping they are because now I'm going to be nervous to make a guess lol."

Sent her a PM. I'll let you know when I hear back :D

message 50: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Any letter you want. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.