YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1)
This topic is about No Place Like Oz
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige ---> Starting August 1, 2016

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments 5%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments 11%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments 27%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments 37%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments 51%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Chapters 1 and 2:"

I haven't read any of the other Dorothy Must Die books, so I really didn't have any expectations going in. :)

message 9: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48413 comments Mod
I'm reading Yellow Brick War soon, but I'm so keen to read this little novellas too. There's quite a lot of them as well :D

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Sorry for randomly posting haha.

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Maddison wrote: "I'm reading Yellow Brick War soon, but I'm so keen to read this little novellas too. There's quite a lot of them as well :D"

Hey Maddie! I plan on reading a few of the novellas this month. :)

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I want to join you. I might try haha. Hopefully the other person doesn't get annoyed.

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Chapter 7:

I find it funny that the grandparents would rather go back to milk cows than to be in a magical land. lol

"

I found that funny too!

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments 56% -- Toto

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Maddie (new)

Wow you guys haven't read the other ones! This is your first experience with it?? Oh my gosh!! I'm about to read the 3rd one next month I think, but I've told Aly that I'm going to read some of the novellas this month. So I'll get hold of this one. Do you have any other novellas planned?

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Maddison wrote: "Wow you guys haven't read the other ones! This is your first experience with it?? Oh my gosh!! I'm about to read the 3rd one next month I think, but I've told Aly that I'm going to read some of the..."

These are the ones I hope to read: The Witch Must Burn, The Wizard Returns, The Straw King, Order of the Wicked. Also the Red Queen prequel novellas -- Queen Song by Victoria Aveyard & Steel Scars by Victoria Aveyard. Want to BR any of those?

message 17: by Maddie (new)

I'm currently reading Cruel Crown (Red Queen novellas) currently, and then tomorrow I plan on starting Glass Sword. After Glass Sword I'm reading the One by Kiera Cass, but then I might have time to read this one :)

So you only reading the first 5 novellas? Because 7 are out. When do you plan on reading them?

message 18: by Maddie (new)

Yes that are incredible! I always try and read at least the first book before I go back and read novellas. Are there any threads yet for the other novellas?

message 19: by Melanie (last edited Aug 01, 2016 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Maddison wrote: "I'm currently reading Cruel Crown (Red Queen novellas) currently, and then tomorrow I plan on starting Glass Sword. After Glass Sword I'm reading the One by Kiera Cass, but then I might have time t..."

I'm actually going to read the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th. Skipping 4th and 6th because they are too short for the Hangman challenge.

I don't have set buddies on those yet, but I'd love to buddy read them :) Do you have time for them and/or any dates in mind?

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Ah right cool thanks. I won't really be setting dates for them, but I'll be keen to read them when I'm free. There's currently 7 out right now, and they look like they can all be read before even the first one gets read. At least I won't have any spoilers for the 3rd book haha.

message 21: by Maddie (new)

I'll be reading the 4th and 6th too though, in the right order. And how short are they?

Are you planning on reading them all this month? Because I probably won't get that far, but next month I'll make them a priority :)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Yes that are incredible! I always try and read at least the first book before I go back and read novellas. Are there any threads yet for the other novellas?"

I don't think any of ..."

What dates would you like to start the books? I can make the threads :)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Since they're so short, I can read them whenever you can :)"

Sounds great! I'll set them up then. :)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Victoria wrote: "Awesome! Thank you! :)"

You're welcome!

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments I'm still on chapter 13...need to get back to reading, lol. ;)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Oh my! 84%

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Maddie (new)

I don't mind. You can choose. I'm not sure how many I'll get through this month. Probably the first 3 or 4. But I won't be reading them on any set dates.

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Sorry for forgetting to send that message!

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Oh so you're reading them all back-to-back?

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Pretty much reading them back-to-back. I might throw in a different book here and there, but I'd like to finish them in the next couple days.

message 32: by Maddie (new)

Ah alright. Well I'll just post on them when I've got the time, and when I actually have the copies haha.

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Each time you make the threads, if you haven't already, would you mind PMing me the links? Otherwise I'll never find them :p

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12212 comments Maddison wrote: "Each time you make the threads, if you haven't already, would you mind PMing me the links? Otherwise I'll never find them :p"

I'll PM you them now.

message 35: by Maddie (new)

Thanks!

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Aug 08, 2016 01:38AM) (new) - added it

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22842 comments Mod
1%(view spoiler)

O.O That was a lot of thinking for one sentence.

message 37: by Maddie (new)

Ah you reading them too, Book?

Finished Glass Sword?

Maddison wrote: "Ah you reading them too, Book?

Finished Glass Sword?"

Still working on Glass Sword. Almost 30% done. I'm hoping to finish it today and work on these novellas. :)

Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

message 40: by Maddie (new)

Ah right. I plan on reading these novellas too but got no idea when.

Maddison wrote: "Ah right. I plan on reading these novellas too but got no idea when."

Cool cool. :)