YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Patella (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 336 (336 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Quirks (last edited Jul 28, 2016 07:29AM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments This is the team Chat thread for the Hangman Challenge!

Team Members:
Megan
Quirks
Dannii
BlaiddDrwg

Review thread link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Quirks (last edited Jul 28, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments We're supposed to choose a number between 1 and 300. Any preferences? I vote 25 because... I like the number.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments 25 is fine with me. :)

message 4: by Megan (last edited Jul 28, 2016 10:25AM) (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Hi BlaiddDrwg, or should I say "Bad Wolf", lol! I love your name. :)

message 5: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Hi guys, 25 is good for me :)

message 6: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments fine with 25 :-) exactly my age so I'm very fine with it :-)

message 7: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments Megan wrote: "Hi BlaiddDrwg, or should I say "Bad Wolf", lol! I love your name. :)"

And hello everybody :-)

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Since we all agreed to 25, I posted it on our review thread. :)

message 9: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments Ha. I didn't realize that we have to write a review for every read book. Is it somewhere in main sign up thread and I missed it? Does it have to be a full proper review? It's fine for me btw.

Are we doing buddy reads or reading everything separately guys?

message 10: by Megan (last edited Jul 28, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments I don't actually see anywhere in the rules that you need a review, but I know that all past challenges required one and I'm sure this one does too. Reviews only have 3-4 detailed lines about what you thought or you could just do 4 detailed status updates (I've never done this option, but I've seen others do it).

I'd love to do some BR with my team. I've got some tentatively planned, but could always do more.

These are some of the books I hope to get to in August (though I know I won't be reading all of them):

The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1) by Kelly Oram More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2) by Kelly Oram A is for Abstinence (V is for Virgin #2) by Kelly Oram Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1) by Kelly Oram Ungifted (Supernaturals, #2) by Kelly Oram Scion (Supernaturals, #3) by Kelly Oram
If We Were a Movie by Kelly Oram Joni, Underway by Kelly Oram Power of the Matchmaker by Karey White The Karate Kid by Bonnie Bryant Hiller Karate Kid Part II by Bonnie Bryant Hiller Three Wishes (River of Time California, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Doctor Who The Doctor Trap by Simon Messingham Doctor Who The Price of Paradise by Colin Brake The Body Electric by Beth Revis
Deadly Design by Debra Dockter Wolf Creek Wedding (Wolf Creek #1) by Penny Richards Wolf Creek Homecoming (Wolf Creek #2) by Penny Richards Wolf Creek Father (Wolf Creek #3) by Penny Richards Come Away with Me by Karma Brown And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White The Spare Room by Helen Garner Seeing Evil by Jason Parent The Cattleman Meets His Match (Prairie Courtships, #3) by Sherri Shackelford
Our Town (The X-Files Young Adult, #4) by Eric Elfman Empathy (The X-Files Young Adult, #5) by Ellen Steiber Fresh Bones (The X-Files Young Adult, #6) by Les Martin Control (The X-Files Young Adult, #7) by Everett Owens The Host (The X-Files Young Adult, #8) by Les Martin Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra, #1) by Michelle Sagara We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3) by Jenny Han The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg Deepest Roots of the Heart by Chautona Havig
Sun & Moon (the minstrel series, #1) by Lee Strauss Flesh & Bone (The Minstrel Series, #2) by Lee Strauss The Lawman's Honor (Whisper Falls, #4) by Linda Goodnight Saving Abby by Steena Holmes Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton Genius The Game by Leopoldo Gout The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry Beautiful Chaos by Alex Tully The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

Also, I can BR any book on THIS SHELF.

Just let me know if any work for you. :)

message 11: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments I don't own any of this books :( You can find my tbr here, though https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... :)

Also my first read for August will be Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne ARGHHH!!! Are any of you guys going to be reading that?

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Dannii, I can read Hush, Hush and/or Salt to the Sea with you.

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12209 comments *pssst*
Just popping in your team thread to say that I'll read Three Wishes with you, Megan. :D

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Also, I have a hold at the library for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Doubt I'll get it this month, but if I do I'd definitely want to BR it. I do think there's going to some people BR it this month anyway, so you could always join them. :)

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Melanie wrote: "*pssst*
Just popping in your team thread to say that I'll read Three Wishes with you, Megan. :D"

Ooh! Yes, I'd love to BR that one. What date works best for you?

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12209 comments 7th?

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Melanie wrote: "7th?"

That works for me. I can make the thread later today.

message 18: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Megan wrote: "Dannii, I can read Hush, Hush and/or Salt to the Sea with you."

Awesome!! When do you want to read them. I'm good for any date.

message 19: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Megan wrote: "Also, I have a hold at the library for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Doubt I'll get it this month, but if I do I'd definitely want to BR it. I do think there's going to some pe..."

Oooh you may be lucky. I think my library has ordered a batch of them in. I'm going to a midnight launch and I don't think I could be any more excited!!

message 20: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments Hay team!

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Dannii,

How about the 4th for Salt to the Sea and the 11th for Hush, Hush?

message 22: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Sounds good to me :)

message 23: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Quirks wrote: "Hay team!"

Heyyy :)

message 24: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments are we deciding what letters we're picking as a group or are we doing it separately?

message 25: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments I'm gonna be posting on the chat first but if no one responds for a few hours, then I'll post whichever I think would help the most.

message 26: by Quirks (last edited Jul 31, 2016 06:12AM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments My reads for next month:
United (Alienated, #3) by Melissa Landers The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson + BR Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs + BR
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh + BR Madame X (Madame X, #1) by Jasinda Wilder + BR The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong +BR
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas + BR Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins + BR Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley + BR
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black + BR Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman + BR Only Between Us by Mila Ferrera
Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1) by C.S. Pacat Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1) by Amy Harmon The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

I won't be able to get to all of these but I'll try to do as many as I can.

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Quirks wrote: "My reads for next month:
United (Alienated, #3) by Melissa Landers The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson + BR Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs + BR
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh + BR [bookcover:Madame ..."

Do you think you'll be reading books 2 & 3 in the Darkest Powers series? If so, I could buddy read those with you. :)

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments BlaiddDrwg wrote: "are we deciding what letters we're picking as a group or are we doing it separately?"

Quirks wrote: "I'm gonna be posting on the chat first but if no one responds for a few hours, then I'll post whichever I think would help the most."

We could always discuss before we finish a book, about the books we're reading, which letter(s) might be the best to guess...in the order they would be best. Say if the book was The Girl I Used to Be, we might say it'd be best to guess in this order "A, I, T, H, U, G, B" and then if there was a BR with it say the letter(s) we think might best help. Since this is such a fast moving game, the puzzles could be changed by the time the book discussed is finished (either solved or updated with possibly some of the letters listed), so that way the person finishing knows what the team thinks might be good letters. Just an idea, what do you think?

I always think vowels are the best to guess, when able to, because there are only 5 (6 when Y is used as a one) and there's a very good chance it'll be part of the puzzle.

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Dannii,

Here are the links:
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (LINK)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick (LINK)

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Melanie,

Here's the link:
Three Wishes (River of Time California, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren (LINK)

message 31: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments @Megan I'm not sure if I'll be reading the second and third book of the series, my month is pretty much covered. but if do read them, I'll let you know.

And yeah, it's a good idea to discuss the letters before finishing the book. Vowels are always a good bet but I think we should try letters like S, T, H, L, R, and M as well. They're all pretty common.

message 32: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments I don't have any buddy reads planned and I don't really have a reading list. Tomorrow I'm gonna read Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters (and I'll probably finish this book in one day) and right after that The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1) by Trenton Lee Stewart

So we've got: L M G T J A N
And: T M B S L

So before I even start reading, from first book what letter should I pick? I was thinking either A or T but I'll go with whatever majority thinks. :-)

message 33: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments Yeah, A or T are good. Probably A first.

message 34: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments Ok, will do then :-)

message 35: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments I'm going to read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas , A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan and The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North for my first three reads. I was hoping to get them done this month but I still have a little left of them.

message 36: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Megan wrote: "Dannii,

Here are the links:
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick (LINK)"

Thanks so much

message 37: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Dannii wrote: "I'm going to read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas, A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan and The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North for my first three reads. I was hoping..."

Dannii,

Books have to be started in August in order to count for this challenge - so those won't work...if I'm reading your comment correctly. :(

message 38: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Dannii wrote: "Megan wrote: "Dannii,

Here are the links:
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick (LINK)"

Thanks so much "

You're welcome :)

message 39: by Quirks (last edited Jul 31, 2016 05:44AM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments My first 2 reads next month are Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg and United (Alienated, #3) by Melissa Landers . Which letters should I use?

message 40: by BlaiddDrwg (last edited Jul 31, 2016 05:56AM) (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments A little change of plans. As a first read I'm taking Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling I'm gonna down it within few hours so I'm still reading Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters same day.

So we've got A from my second read. And now help me decide which letter from H P A T C J K R to pick. (I was thinking either H or T)

@Quirks from first book I'm voting for F
second one probably U or M - quite popular letters I think.
What do you guys think?

message 41: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7310 comments BlaiddDrwg wrote: "A little change of plans. As a first read I'm taking Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling I'm gonna down it within few hours so I'm still reading [bookcover:Lies My Girlfriend Tol..."

I was thinking H for my first read, because you can never be sure with F. You can do the T or C.

For my second read, M seems good.

message 42: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments Yeah okay agreed then :-)

I'll go with T first and then we'll see what's going on with the title.

message 43: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments I wonder if our first puzzle is The Awakener by Amanda Strong, looks like it'd fit.

message 44: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Megan wrote: "Dannii wrote: "I'm going to read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas, A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan and The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North for my first three read..."

Oh no! My bad, I didn't realise. I'll see what I can get through today :)

message 45: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments My first reads will be A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan A Living Nightmare and Dark Matter by Blake Crouch Dark Matter as I haven't started that, yet.

message 46: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments Megan wrote: "I wonder if our first puzzle is The Awakener by Amanda Strong, looks like it'd fit."

Oooh, you think? Be awesome if we got it right away!

message 47: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5088 comments Dannii wrote: "Oooh, you think? Be awesome if we got it right away!"

It definitely would. I really hope that's the book. :)

message 48: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments one more question. how are we dealing with time zones? cause in my time zone it's gonna be 1st of aug in an hour and a half. how about you guys? I'm gonna finish my first read in like 3-4 hours (just put my hands on new hp book and I'm not going to sleep before I finish it) so I could put the first guess then. I would guess A letter and as soon as admins put first letters I could go with your guess.

message 49: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 157 comments Also. If the guess would be correct. What number are we picking next?
How about 232? (just because)

message 50: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8546 comments It's 9.32pm here. I'm almost done with The Cursed Child and I'm hoping to finish ACOMAF tomorrow so I can start my new reads Monday night/Tuesday.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.