Paging All Bookworms! discussion

Challenges > August 2016 M-o-M Challenge: What we learned about Tracey

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Sep 01, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2456 comments Mod
August M-o-M Challenge – Tracey
Begins: 01August16 / Ends: 31August16

Our July M.o.M. (Member of the Month) was Tracey. So this challenge is based on the information she shared about herself.

1. Tracey's daughters are ages 6 and 8. Read a book whose total page count includes the number 6 or 8. (tell us how many pages)

2. If she threw a party it would be a BBQ - What will you bring to share?

3. Her favorite author is Bryce Courtenay. Read a book set in Australia, or by an Australian author (Author's goodreads profile must show s/he was born in or lives in Australia).

4. Tracey's favorite word is "lovely." What do you consider lovely?

5. She lives in the U.K. Read a book by an author whose first and last initial are in UNITED KINGDOM (To use a letter twice it must appear twice ... so you can have initials NN or DD but NOT use KK or GG) - Middle initials (if used) can be ignored.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the challenge
Books must be at least 100 pages in length
Re-reads are fine, as long as you actually read the entire book
Book should be finished within the time-frame of the challenge.
Any format ("dead tree," e-book, audio...) is fine.

As always, have fun!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Aug 08, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Reserved for List of Participants

Sheila
Skeetor
Tessa

message 3: by Book Concierge (last edited Aug 12, 2016 08:52PM) (new)

August M-o-M Challenge – Tracey
Begins: 01August16 / Ends: 31August16

4/5 completed

Our July M.o.M. (Member of the Month) was Tracey. So this challenge is based on the information she shared about herself.

✔ 1. Tracey's daughters are ages 6 and 8. Read a book whose total page count includes the number 6 or 8 - 384 pg - The Double Bind - 06Aug16

✔ 2. If she threw a party it would be a BBQ - What will you bring to share? - My Mother's famous BLACK PEPPER POTATO SALAD - it's basically your standard American potato salad with a TON of black pepper added.

3. Her favorite author is Bryce Courtenay. Read a book set in Australia, or by an Australian author (Author's goodreads profile must show s/he was born in or lives in Australia).

✔ 4. Tracey's favorite word is "lovely." What do you consider lovely? - So many things - a lovely summer day, birds singing in the trees, butterflies in the garden, my husband's little acts of kindness.....

✔ 5. She lives in the U.K. Read a book by an author whose first and last initial are in UNITED KINGDOM - Krista Davis / The Diva Takes the Cake - 04Aug16

message 4: by Skeetor (last edited Aug 26, 2016 02:47PM) (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments 5/5

✔ 1. Tracey's daughters are ages 6 and 8. Read a book whose total page count includes the number 6 or 8. (tell us how many pages)
- The Bad Box by Harvey Click 282 pages

✔ 2. If she threw a party it would be a BBQ - What will you bring to share?
- Beer and sodas. Maybe some chips....

✔ 3. Her favorite author is Bryce Courtenay. Read a book set in Australia, or by an Australian author (Author's goodreads profile must show s/he was born in or lives in Australia).
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks (author born and raised in Australia)

✔ 4. Tracey's favorite word is "lovely." What do you consider lovely?
- My 6 month old granddaughter is LOVELY! :)

✔ 5. She lives in the U.K. Read a book by an author whose first and last initial are in UNITED KINGDOM (To use a letter twice it must appear twice ... so you can have initials NN or DD but NOT use KK or GG) - Middle initials (if used) can be ignored.
- Paw Enforcement by Diane Kelly

:)

message 5: by Sheila (last edited Aug 25, 2016 10:28AM) (new)

Sheila | 403 comments OK. Here I go for August.

5/5

1. Tracey's daughters are ages 6 and 8. Read a book whose total page count includes the number 6 or 8. (tell us how many pages)

Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb--376 pages

2. If she threw a party it would be a BBQ - What will you bring to share?

7 Layer Jello Salad

Maid for the Rock Star (Romance Island Resort near Broome, Australia) by Demelza Carlton (Perth, Australia)

4. Tracey's favorite word is "lovely." What do you consider lovely?

Bright colors because they make me happy.

5. She lives in the U.K. Read a book by an author whose first and last initial are in UNITED KINGDOM (To use a letter twice it must appear twice ... so you can have initials NN or DD but NOT use KK or GG) - Middle initials (if used) can be ignored.

Such a Dance by Kate McMurray

I made it!

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Welcome to the Challenge, Skeetor and Sheila. I have you linked.