What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > seriously need help finding a new book! please help

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam Goldsbrough | 29 comments really struggling to find a new decent book I can latch on to. nothing is holding my interest at the minute so I end up rereading old ones which is starting to bug me! I like a mix match of stories, funny and witty books, sarcastic foul mouthed heroines, bit of action etc. HATE HATE HATE INSTA LOVE! you can look through my 'read' folder but it's only showing half of what I have in my library as I can't keep up with marking everything down.... I'll list a few of the books I really liked and I hope some of you can suggest similar ones for me.
AXEL - HARPER SLOAN (read entire series)
BEAUTIFUL DISASTER - JAMIE MCGUIRE (read entire series)
CONSOLATION DUET - CORRINE MICHAELS
DRAGONS LAIR - CHANTAL FERNANDO
FIGHTING TEMPTATION - K.C LYNN (read entire series)
FRIEND ZONED SERIES - BELLE AURORA
MY COYOTE UGLY LIFE - JESSICA SPOON
MYSTERY MAN SERIES - KRISTEN ASHLEY
RAW - BELLE AURORA
ROCK CHICK SERIES - KRISTIN ASHLEY
MAD WORLD SERIES - CHRISTINE ZOLENDZ
TAKING CHANCES - MOLLY MCADAMS
TWISTED BOND SERIES- EMMA HART
UNTIL NOVEMBER - AURORA ROSE REYNOLDS (entire series)

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 54 comments You wrote that you hate instalove, yet you listed 'Taking Chances' and 'Until November' as books you like. How does that work?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

message 4: by Heather Lenker (new)

Heather Lenker | 3 comments Adrienne Woods The Dragonian Series. There are 5 books in the series.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam Goldsbrough | 29 comments in taking chances and until November, the characters didn't meet and instantly want to rip clothes off proclaiming their love for each other. That's the insta love I hate.

message 7: by Pilar (new)

Pilar España | 143 comments Hyde and Seek - Layla Frost
Under Locke/Kulti - Mariana Zapata
Playing for Keeps - RL Mathewson
Overflow - Brynne Asher

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam Goldsbrough | 29 comments loved overflow by brynne asher. Can't seem to get into book 2 though :/

message 9: by Trish (new)

Trish Bash (trishbash) | 22 comments "I like a mix match of stories, funny and witty books, sarcastic foul mouthed heroines, bit of action etc."

Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich ( Starting with https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6... )

Not really romance but definitely funny and sarcastic.

message 11: by Pilar (new)

Pilar España | 143 comments Samantha wrote: "loved overflow by brynne asher. Can't seem to get into book 2 though :/"

Funny that happened to me too, I actually recommended it because I loved #3 Athica Lane....

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (conservio) | 97 comments What types of books do you like? Skimming over your read list it looks like you heavily favor romance. Do you like anything else? Fantasy? Dystopia? Thrillers?

message 13: by Yessica (new)

Yessica Bodden | 8 comments I read whatever captures my attention, most of the time it's romance but once in a while it isn't, have you read the book the boy called it!

message 14: by Yessica (new)

Yessica Bodden | 8 comments Have you read the Haney evanovich, plum series

message 15: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 252 comments Two slow burn romances are Kulti and The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

try Hard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
and the rest of the series maybe?

message 17: by Sam (new)

Sam Goldsbrough | 29 comments Courtney, I like a lot of different types but I prefer something with humour. whether it be romance, thriller etc. anything with atleast 1 witty character with a dry personality lol

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam Goldsbrough | 29 comments Samantha.... That's 1 author I wanted to try and totally forgot about. it was the hearts in darkness series. will give that a go now. thank you

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (conservio) | 97 comments A Natural History of Dragons is a good book. There is an extremely slow burning romance in the middle of the series. It's about a lady scientist studying dragons.

The Conqueror's Wife: A Novel of Alexander the Great is about the women (sister, a captive, and a wife) of Alexander the Great. Stephanie Thornton does a splendid job writing and there is another slow burning romance .

Agatha H and the Airship City is about a woman mad scientist in alternate universe. The authors were the first to coin the term "gas lamp" fantasy. It's a cousin of steampunk, but as differences.

Splintered is about Wonderland. It's about one of Alice's descendants. There is a love triangle, but I feel the way the author portrayed Wonderland makes up for it.

Excluding Splintered, none of these are necessarily romance books.

message 20: by Terri (new)

Terri | 357 comments Samantha wrote: "try Hard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
and the rest of the series maybe?"

Loved this series!

message 21: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1398 comments Lol... I'll third Janet Evanovich Plum series. Couldn't read it on the train cause of the LOL factor.

I just read GJ Walker-Smith Wishes series and am love it... There is insta love, but it's not quite the usual crap.

Heller series by JD Nixon... but warning... she stopped writing at book 6. The plan was o wrap the story up in book 7, but she's disappeared off the grid.

Dahlia West Burnout series

message 22: by Sam (new)

Sam Goldsbrough | 29 comments plum series looks good. will definately be giving those a go. thanx guys :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

just remembered Gabriel's Inferno which is one of my favorites :-)