YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived BOM Nominations > Aug 2016 Book of the Month - LBTQ+ MC - Poll UP through Aug 4

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments The group decided to try going back to having Book of the Month readings and discussions. The vote indicated that we should try two BotM selections, one with gay cis-male main characters, and one with any other aspect of LBTQ+ Young Adult life.

In this thread please nominate books with LBTQ+ main character(s) that are suitable for an under-18 audience and not a previous selection.

Check our past Book of the Month shelf for books we have already read and discussed : https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

We will close nominations when there are 8 books nominated or Midnight July 30th.

Nominations are now closed. Poll is up HERE:
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...
Vote through midnight Aug. 4th.

message 2: by Carrie-Anne (new)

Carrie-Anne | 101 comments Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith

message 3: by Carrie-Anne (new)

Carrie-Anne | 101 comments Every Day by David Levithan

message 4: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn (raynebair) If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

message 5: by Calista (new)

Calista Lynne (calista-lynne) | 4 comments I'd like to submit my novel We Awaken which has asexual leads in a F/F relationship

message 6: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments Calista wrote: "I'd like to submit my novel We Awaken which has asexual leads in a F/F relationship "

We Awaken this is the link for Calista's book .

message 7: by Kaci (new)

Kaci Pelias (kacialexis) Yes!! I also nominate We Awaken!! Great book I'm in love with it

message 8: by Geneva (new)

Geneva Shimmick (genevashimmick) | 2 comments I'm nominating I'll Give You the Sun. It's one of my favorite books ever!

message 9: by Kaje (last edited Jul 26, 2016 07:12PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments I'll Give You the Sun - the link for Geneva's pick

This is a cis- gay book and will be moved to that thread.

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyleann32) | 1 comments I vote We Awaken too :)

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments Once a book is nominated once, it'll be on the poll - the voting will start at the end of the month. Cool to see the enthusiasm though :D

message 12: by Carrie-Anne (new)

Carrie-Anne | 101 comments Shouldn't I'll Give You The Sun be in the cis gay thread? Unless I've somehow missed or forgotten something from the book

message 13: by Geneva (new)

Geneva Shimmick (genevashimmick) | 2 comments Oops sorry wrong thread

message 14: by Kaje (last edited Jul 26, 2016 07:13PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments Geneva wrote: "Oops sorry wrong thread"

No problem - Thanks Carrie-Anne.

You can just nom it in the other thread, and I made a note above. I'll delete it once you move the nomination and there won't be confusion. I've heard good things about it - actually own it and never started it.

message 15: by CR (new)

CR Daylex (carryingabyss) | 16 comments I'd like to nominate South of Sunshine by Dana Elmendorf

message 16: by Kaje (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments Nominations are now closed. Poll is up HERE:
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...
Vote through midnight Aug. 4th.