Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Ink and Bone
This topic is about Ink and Bone
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Unger, Lisa - Ink and Bone - Informal Buddy Read, Start Date July ??, 2016

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31506 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion about Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger

Book synopsis
Twenty-year-old Finley Montgomery is rarely alone. Visited by people whom others can’t see and haunted by prophetic dreams, she has never been able to control or understand the things that happen to her. When Finley’s abilities start to become too strong for her to handle – and even the roar of her motorcycle or another dazzling tattoo can’t drown out the voices – she turns to the only person she knows who can help her: her grandmother Eloise Montgomery, a renowned psychic living in The Hollows, New York.

Merri Gleason is a woman at the end of her tether after a ten-month-long search for her missing daughter, Abbey. With almost every hope exhausted, she resorts to hiring Jones Cooper, a detective who sometimes works with psychic Eloise Montgomery. Merri’s not a believer, but she’s just desperate enough to go down that road, praying that she’s not too late. Time, she knows, is running out.

As a harsh white winter moves into The Hollows, Finley and Eloise are drawn into the investigation, which proves to have much more at stake than even the fate of a missing girl. As Finley digs deeper into the town and its endless layers, she is forced to examine the past, even as she tries to look into the future. Only one thing is clear: The Hollows gets what it wants, no matter what.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 4: by Christina (last edited Jul 14, 2016 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Christina Pilkington | 198 comments I'm excited to discuss this book soon! I'll probably be reading this in the next 7-10 days. Just have to finish As I Darken and This Savage Song first!

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 121 comments Is this going to have a schedule or be informal? And if its informal, are we to hide spoilers?
Cant wait!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I just yesterday got approved for this title as an ARC from NetGalley, and I'm so happy that it came in time. I echo Primadonna's question, when is the "official" starting date?

Christina Pilkington | 198 comments I think we can set up the buddy read however we want. Could we all start this Saturday? I should be able to start then.

I could do either a scheduled read or just list the chapters we read at the start of each post and hide spoilers. What would you guys like to do?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "I think we can set up the buddy read however we want. Could we all start this Saturday? I should be able to start then.

I could do either a scheduled read or just list the chapters we read at the..."

I personally almost always read a book in one day, or like one sitting especially when they are compelling and page-turning. I think that it should be very informal but we should hide all of those spoilers!

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 121 comments Christina wrote: "I think we can set up the buddy read however we want. Could we all start this Saturday? I should be able to start then.

I could do either a scheduled read or just list the chapters we read at the..."

I like the idea of it being scheduled out, but I'm also fine with informal. And hiding spoilers is a must!

Christina Pilkington | 198 comments Let's just do informal then with hiding spoilers. I'm really sporadic with my reading lately. I could finish the book in a day, or it might take me 5 days if we are jammed packed with stuff to do. I went from reading around 15-18 books in the winter down to maybe 6-8 in the summer because we are doing way too much! This way no one will feel pressured with reading speed.

I'm so excited to start in a few days! I see it sitting on my self and just want to dive it, but I really want to finish my current book first.

Christina Pilkington | 198 comments Through the end of chapter 2

(view spoiler)

Christina Pilkington | 198 comments From chapter 3-end of 11

(view spoiler)

Christina Pilkington | 198 comments Chapter 12-end of 18.

(view spoiler)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished the book today at the beach. I have mixed thoughts but ended up giving it 3 stars. It's late at night and I'm tired here, so I will write a full non-spoiler review tommorow morning with all of my opinions. Happy Reading!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ink and Bone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Unger (other topics)