Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8) Fallow discussion

Buddy Read with Inge and Sofia starting 5th August!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆  photo Tom amp Jerry 1_zps6wevijgv.gif

A new Why and Griff tale, complete with new cover!! Sounds intriguing!!

message 2: by Ingie (last edited Jul 09, 2016 09:33AM) (new) - added it

Ingie We coss our fingers there are the same old guys "in" the book. :)))

message 3: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Liked these pics:

photo image.jpg1_zps2bqldhdb.jpg

photo image.jpg11_zpsgbibzvj0.jpg

...and the old covers.

message 4: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Jul 09, 2016 10:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Yep, I like those pics too!! :D. No mention of Christine in the blurb :(

Sofia Good morning girls.

I m totally disregarding the new cover. The above and the old covers are my people.

Thank you for doing this Bev :D

message 6: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Jul 10, 2016 04:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "Good morning girls.

I m totally disregarding the new cover. The above and the old covers are my people.

Thank you for doing this Bev :D"

photo Hi There 1_zpsmeebqqoh.gif

You rebel Sofia!! :D

message 7: by Sofia (last edited Jul 10, 2016 03:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sofia A very mellow and hot Sunday, I'm moving like a sloth

message 8: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie ...and I'm fixing laundry and packing my suitcase again. :D

Sofia Remember the bikini :P

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Off to where Inge?? :D Know just how you feel Sofia...I hate hot and humid weather...just the heat I can handle (as long as I have a pool to jump into), but humidity?? Yuck, no thanks.

message 11: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Ayia Napa Cyprus, just my sister and me tomorrow night. I'm glad she is joining, it is much more fun to be two (or more). — you maybe think we are nuts... Haha!! I arrived back home just a week ago and it is so very good to know I will be back in the Mediterranean Sea late tomorrow night again. (The weather forecast isn't good for Sweden this coming week.)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ayia Napa eh?? Full of clubs I understand...hope you've got your dancing shoes packed!! ;)

message 13: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie We were there three years ago and I liked it. Beautiful beaches... :)

message 14: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Tomorrow is my very last vacation day. It has been a marvelous summer this year. Kind of windy and a bit chilly (around 20°) these last days but I'm "stuffed" with sun, beaches, beautiful days and a wonderful summer feeling for now.

Looking forward to start to read with you on Friday evening. I'm in a kind of book slumber and hasn't read near to anything this summer.

~~~~~~~

Just back home from a cinema evening with our own Alexander Skarsgård in the new Tarzan movie. Not an earth shattering great film but I truly enjoyed. If you like old fashioned grandiose adventure drama you can't but smile...

photo image_zpscj0ptnfb.gif

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ What was it I said to you a couple of weeks ago?? Hot and humid with temps of 32C?? For about the last week, it's been grey, cloudy and around 20C with a fair bit of rain, so I suppose a typical British summer groans. Feel sorry for any families on holiday over here at the mo...at least I've got the Costa del Sol to look forward to in September. :(

Looking forward to Fallow by Jordan L. Hawk on Friday evening. In a bit of a book slump myself other than Keira Andrew's Fight the Tide (Kick at the Darkness, #2) by Keira Andrews , sequel to KatD. And of course, there's a new KJ Charles story to look forward to next year Wanted, A Gentleman by K.J. Charles ...hope that means the start of a new series :D

message 16: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Haven't heard about the new K.J. Charles book. Thanks! Added. — A new series to BR?

I have been reading Wolfsong by T.J. Klune for two weeks now. I like it (it is a good story) but I'm just to restless to do any real reading. Some audiobooks but nothing else catch my attention. — It has been some Netflix watching instead.

Good for you Bev to have yet another traveling trip to look forward to. Costa del Sol In the early autumn sounds great.

Sofia We couldn't breath well today 35 deg Cel. I'm looking forward to this as well, i miss these guys. It's been a good year for books which ups the ante.

Sofia I'm looking forward to the new KJ's as well Bev.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ooh yes, definitely a new series to BR!! I liked Wolfsong but felt it was too long, there was a lot of repetition.

Have to admit my book mini slump hasn't stopped me buying ;) I couldn't stand those temps Sofia, I'd definitely need a pool and aircon!! ;)

message 20: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Okay the book is in my Kindle. Seams like a long one as always. I better start immediately tonight. See you!!

(Did you also get the mail from Hawk with the 50% offer on Smashword?)

message 21: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Aug 05, 2016 12:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "Okay the book is in my Kindle. Seams like a long one as always. I better start immediately tonight. See you!!

(Did you also get the mail from Hawk with the 50% offer on Smashword?)"

Yep, yep on mine too. Didn't see Jordan's email...but I have so much stuff coming into my 'social' email box, I probably missed it. :( I bought it from Amazon as soon as the pre-order was up anyhoo. I always jump the gun and miss these offers ;)

Hope work is kind to you two. Catch you later, off to the chiropractor again with my back, grrr!!

Sofia Happy session Bev.

I got it as well - did not see about the Smashwords offer either. I'll start this evening.

Ingie I hope it's a good read for you - you need it :D

message 23: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Thanks Ladies! I read a few pages (like 5) on my lunch-break and felt it maybe should be wise to check my review for the last book to remember where and when things ended then. Anyway, it is always good to be back with these characters.

PS) I signed me for Jordan's monthly newsletter at some point and get some very good "member" offers now and then.

Se you tonight!

Bev - Hope your back is much better after being "manhandled". :)

message 24: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie PS") Love that perfect pic Sofia. (((hugs)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Aha, the Golden Girls!! :D

Yes, my back was manhandled Inge, thanks for asking ;), but it's not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago. Due to see a physiotherapist in a couple of weeks, and then maybe an MRI scan to see what the problem is...I've only been suffering with it for 30 years!! <3

Sofia about time you discover what the problem is Bev :D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "about time you discover what the problem is Bev :D"

Haha, yes....just a little overdue methinks!! :D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Just about to start, hope it's a winner...unlike the new cover. ;)

message 29: by Sofia (last edited Aug 05, 2016 02:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sofia I read the first three chapters drinking tea by the sea after my swim. I looked around at the wave moment :D

I was feeling like you Ingie afraid that I've forgotten what happened before but Jordan does give nice summaries that i quickly caught on.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "I read the first three chapters drinking tea by the sea after my swim. I looked around at the wave moment :D

I was feeling like you Ingieafraid that I've forgotten what happened begore but Jordan ..."

Haha, just read about that. Chapter 1 done and dusted, will carry on when I go to bed. Have to admit I'd forgotten about Ival's 'secret', but thank goodness she's reminded us. ;)

message 31: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Pageant Not far in, but I am hooked. I have missed my Griffin.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Nick wrote: "Not far in, but I am hooked. I have missed my Griffin."

Me too Nick. Up to chapter 7 now, exciting isn't it. These stories just seem to get better and better. :D

Sofia You are not alone Nick, I've missed these guys.

chap 6 (view spoiler) I nearly died of laughter, imagine Why's face. she's priceless.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ There were hoots of laughter here too...hubby wondered what the hell was happening ;) Poor Why, that Christine is evil, evil I tell you...;)

Sofia she starts our day well Bev : D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ At 33%. Another snorting with laughter opportunity ;)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Chapter 13...let's just say that all is not well in Fallow.

Sofia I had lots to do so I only read chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Going to read some more now.

Ingie I hope you're enjoying yourself not slaving away on chores.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "I had lots to do so I only read chapter 7 [spoilers removed]

Going to read some more now.

Ingie I hope you're enjoying yourself not slaving away on chores."

I bet she is, or having a nap ;)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Up to chap 17 now. Some more choice pieces of logic have left Christine's mouth, hehe. Won't read anymore until I know how you two are doing....

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Sofia wrote: "We couldn't breath well today 35 deg Cel. I'm looking forward to this as well, i miss these guys. It's been a good year for books which ups the ante."

Holy crap, that's hot!! It's been steamy here, too.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Bev wrote: "Aha, the Golden Girls!! :D

Yes, my back was manhandled Inge, thanks for asking ;), but it's not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago. Due to see a physiotherapist in a couple of weeks, and then ..."

Hugssssssssss and they'd best figure it out! Or I'll come over and make em lol

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Bev wrote: "Up to chap 17 now. Some more choice pieces of logic have left Christine's mouth, hehe. Won't read anymore until I know how you two are doing...."

Love herrrr!!

Yes, how is everyone? :D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I think we're good...how are you my dear, other than hot and steamy ;)

I'm loving this one...as per usual. :D

Sofia hugs Andrea

everyday stuff feels like the labours of Hercules in this heat :D

loving this loving them.

Bev we just arrived in Fallow and are bedding down with the cows.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "hugs Andrea

everyday stuff feels like the labours of Hercules in this heat :D

loving this loving them.

Bev we just arrived in Fallow and are bedding down with the cows."

Snort. Why loved that, hehe. (view spoiler)

Sofia Unfair competition Andrea A guy must protect his dolls :P

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Up to chap 20. Will stop here for today.

message 49: by Sofia (last edited Aug 07, 2016 12:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sofia have a good evening Bev and Ingie and Nick and Andrea.

I'll be reading some more.

message 50: by Ingie (new) - added it

Ingie Hi girls and excuse my invisibility... :(

I haven't felt well today and has just been sleeping, taking even more naps and like a sleepy tired sick zombie watched some (strange) sports events from the Rio Olympics. (Like to watch those strong gymnastic men very much though. Haha!) — Two days in the office took as it seams the strength from me. Thankfully was it a gray cloudy day so it hasn't felt completely depressing sad to be lying sick in bed.

Glad to see that you two are highly enjoying the book. :D

It will be an early evening and hopeless boring lonly Saturday night now. I hope to catch up a bit reading early tomorrow morning. See you!!

« previous 1