Start by marking “Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)” as Want to Read:
Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)

Fallow

(Whyborne & Griffin #8)

When Griffin’s past collides with his present, will it cost the lives of everyone he loves?

Between the threat of a world-ending invasion from the Outside and unwelcome revelations about his own nature, Percival Endicott Whyborne is under a great deal of strain. His husband, Griffin Flaherty, wants to help—but how can he, when Whyborne won’t tell him what’s wrong?

When a m
Published August 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Fallow, please sign up.
Mercedes Hightower Yes at the end of this book she names it "Draakenwood" and says it will be out in 2017
Gretchen In the audiobook, its closer to Iguana. If you say Percival out loud and drop the "Perc" from the beginning, that's how it is read in the audio…moreIn the audiobook, its closer to Iguana. If you say Percival out loud and drop the "Perc" from the beginning, that's how it is read in the audio version. Short "I" sound. And I bought the audiobook to hear how it sounded, so don't feel crazy!(less)

Nick Pageant
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing installment. Ival is still the amusing, unassuming sorcerer next door. Griffin is still my boyfriend. And, once again, Christine rocked my socks.
Alisa
So I'm going to completely ignore the fact that this cover makes my baby Griffin looks like a pervy creeper and just talk about the book. This was another great installment that found the group going back to the town my boyfriend Griffin, who is in fact Not a pervy creeper, grew up in. This was an action packed story that I found really creative and I enjoyed every minute of it. There were also some really touching moments between Griffin (not a pervy creeper) and Whyborne. These two make me go ...more
Ms. Smartarse
In the middle of nowhere there's a forgotten little town named Fallow. Not much is happening there, save for its gradual but steady decline in population. Some time ago, there was this huge scandal with the young Flaherty boy and his indecent hobby, but things eventually died down. Or so they should have, if it weren't for some people, who juuuuust couldn't move on.

Never forgive you

In the meantime, everyone's favorite private detective has bigger fish to fry than remembering old history. After all, ancient histo
Kaje Harper
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the best things about this installment of the series is the chance to walk in Griffin's world, following his POV as the action moves back to the town where he was adopted and grew up. We learn more about the events that made him leave home, and re-meet some of his remaining family. The times when he has to deal with his past, and the moments when he helps Whyborne deal with his own re-imagined origins and future, are the heart of the book.

There is plenty of creepy supernatural action her
Barbara➰
After not liking book 7 as much as previous installments, I went into this one with my fingers crossed. I have enjoyed this series so much I hated to think my love affair with Whyborne & Griffin was over. I shouldn't have worried.

This one takes us to Kansas to Griffin's hometown. There's a creepy children of the corn vibe going on not to mention a fungus amongus!

Poor Griffin. My heart hurt for him so much. He wants his family's approval and love so bad. But what he finally comes to realize
Rhys Ford
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I simply adore this series and well, Jordan L Hawk is one of the best writers I've ever had the pleasure to read.

This book is a fantastic addition to the series. It was great delving into Griffin's past and how he dovetails into Whyborne's life on so many levels.

It's hard to write a review without disclosing spoilers but I can say their relationship is a weave of complicated personalities and deep love, strong enough to overcome the obstacles thrown their way and tender enough to soften the sh
Meags
4.5 Stars

It’s book number eight and things are as heart-stoppingly exciting and as dreamily romantic as ever for our beloved Whyborne and Griffin, and their dearest friends Christine and Iskander.

In their latest supernatural adventure, the group head to the farming town of Fallow, Kansas, where Griffin grew up, to investigate some strange and potentially world-threatening events – what’s new, right?!

The change of setting was a lot of fun, but also crazy creepy, with lots of disturbing occurrenc
Gaby
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Ok, so, a few things before I start with my actual review.

1. The Whyborne and Griffin Series has remained one of my favorite series ever, not only as M/M, but in paranormal as a whole.

2. It’s very difficult, I think, that an author can pull 8 books with the same couple and do it amazingly well, adding depth to the characters, not only the main ones but the secondary ones, and showing growth as individuals and in their relationships in general. Hawk does this brilliantly, IMO.

3. Try keep
Ami

This is for the first time after seven books, that I wasn't completely enamored by this new installment of Whyborne & Griffin series -- me sad :(. Let me write down the things that annoyed me a lot first ... so I can end this opinion in positive note.

More so than the rest, I was superbly annoyed with Whyborne, and his 'guilt' feel that ended up making him keeping secrets from Griffin. I have a LOT of series that I follow religiously, and one thing that I always want from long-time s
Sofia
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

Fallow is a rollercoaster of a wave story, once I got to a certain point I simply had to continue right till the end. Making me feel that I've read this too fast and that I certainly need more. Not that this episode is not complete in itself, but that I miss them already and I want more.

Hawk continues to astonish me how the whole story stays fresh and she continues to add more and more to it and to her characters. It's become an intricate web that makes me want to continue pulling at the threa
Donna
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book in this series! There was lots of action and suspense. Some really evil villains! Christine being a crack shot again! I was so happy to see Whyborne finally open up about what had been causing him guilt and anguish and learn that he was wrong in his worries. I can't wait for the next book!
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

Once again, JLH delivers on this duo who have grown from reluctant participators in the supernatural madness they find themselves embroiled in, into full out champions of humankind! I for one can’t help but rally behind such heroes!

Here, the weight of responsibility continues to be a heavy burden to bear. The return of ultimate evil is on the horizon, and some are planning to take advantage, some are planning on giving succor, and others, like our beloved Whyborne and Griffin, are determ
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
4.5 emotional, creepy, fantastic stars on Prism Book Alliance®

The wind strengthened from over the ocean, coiling around the slender figure standing atop a craggy rock. She might have been some barbaric sea goddess, dressed in nothing but golden jewelry and a skirt of knotted seaweed. Dark swirls marked her pearlescent skin like war paint, and the stinging tendrils of her hair writhed as the autumnal breeze grew into a gale.

My first thought? Woohoo, Persephone! After that? Wow, what an opening pa
Chelsea
Nothing can keep my attention like a Whyborne and Griffin book! No matter what I'm doing or have planned for the day, once I pick up one of these books, I'm stuck until its finished!

This wasn't my favourite of the series so far, but it still has everything I adore about this series. Griffin's love and admiration of his Ival, Whyborne's hilarious mannerisms and social awkwardness, Christine's fire and Kander's calm influence. This had crazy adventure and disgusting magical creatures and of course
Verity
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal-scifi
I love this series and can't wait for the next book but......

[image error] photo 377_zpsexlpktn0.gif

What the hell happened to the cover???
I gather the guy on the right is a less attractive parallel universe Whyborne but who the heck is the one on the left supposed to be?
I swear if that's Griffin then all the previous books need a rewrite because that is not Griffin...

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I honestly feel like, after every book JLH finishes she gives herself one of these.

I don't know what her method is, but keep doing it. Did we really expect anything else from her? This book was so freaking good. The gang is back to help save the inhabitants of Fallow, Kansas this time. Every time I read a JLH book it's like going on a vivid journey that you never want to end. It's how I feel after all her books. I always look at the percentage hoping and pleading that it never makes it to 100%
Richard Derus
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: horror aficionados untainted by homophobia
Shelves: kindled, quiltbag
Rating: 4.5* of five

The half star off is for the slithering jim-jams the Big Baddie in this one has given me. I am not sleeping for the foreseeable future. *convulsive shudder*
***next day***
As predicted, sleep was elusive after reading this frightfest. I haven't had that response to any other book in the series but this one Did Me In. The name, "the rust," gave me all the horror-movie shudders I could ever (not) want.
(view spoiler)
Excuse me I need to bleach my every body part a
Bev

4.5 stars from me for this wonderful instalment of the Whyborne and Griffin series. Not doing a long review, just know that there some more prize one-liners from Dr Christine Putnam, heartbreak for Griffin as far as family is concerned, the Fideles cult is growing ever stronger and as far as they are concerned, the Restoration of the Masters to the Earth is a foregone conclusion. They have of course reckoned without our 4 brave heroes.

As far as I'm concerned, this was my favourite part of the st
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
I am always in AW of Jordan Hawks

I am amazed that this writer has such of ELOQUENT & Vivid Storytelling Uniqiness even after 8 books written in this series alone.

But, this time...the shark teeth people got the better of me...I simply found them not to be a pleasure to read, they were vivid.

This book, I adored-Ival and Griffens Endearing love.

Dual POV fab.

Sweet and sizzling sex scenes.

A husband who will do anything to protect his husband.

A wonderful writing style, dual POV with a focus on
Jenni Lea
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

OHMYGAWD I LOVED THIS SO FREAKING MUCH WHEN DOES THE NEXT BOOK COME OUT CAUSE I GOTTA READ IT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW HOW COME I PUT OFF READING THIS FOR A YEAR I'M SO SILLY I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T READ THIS SOONER HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT ONE MS HAWK I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!

or... something like that. Yeah.
Natalia
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Is it April yet? I need Draakenwood NOW!!
Tamara (緑)
Oct 2, 2016

An excellent installation in the Whyborne & Griffin series. Griffin managed to set some things straight concerning his parents and the town itself, and Whyborne was (as usual) waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'm not sure if it was the author's intention or not, but I'm definitely not eating mushrooms in the foreseeable future.

Still hating the new cover models.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jul 15, 2016

Just gonna add my vote of NO to the new cover models.

I'm in love w
The Novel Approach Reviews
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pop Quiz: What could possibly be better than reading a scene that has you wondering what sort of danger and intrigue lurks in the coming paragraphs of a Whyborne & Griffin novel…and then having our dear Percival say something completely charming and laugh-out-loud hilarious?

If your answer is A, not much, you would be correct. Unless it’s an entire scene with Christine that’s nothing less than comedy gold. Then you would also be correct. And, you would also be correct if you assume that scene
Chris
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well I have really enjoyed this series - Whybourne, Griffin, Christine & Iskander - such great characters, adventures and extraordinary events ! Really recommend this series to those who enjoy a paranormal mystery with a touch of MM romance thrown in to make it even better ❤
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
“I see you,” I murmured, once he let me speak again. “And I love what I see. More than I would ever have thought possible.”

It’s amazing that eight books and four shorts into the Whyborne and Griffin series, I’M still so into it. I’ve been taking my sweet time reading this series because I like the comfort of knowing that another book awaits me. And that I will get completely, thoroughly, utterly lost in it.

This series has it all.

Humor: IN SPADES. Christine’s one (sometimes two) liners slay me.
Joyfully Jay
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Ah, there are few reading pleasures that make me as happy as a new Whyborne & Griffin novel. This series is truly one of the best out there in the romance genre, with such a spectacular mixture of romance, paranormal creativity, and fascinating historical settings. I have said it over and over, but if you aren’t reading this series, you need to be. Right now. For reals.

Ok, so moving on to this book in particular. We pick up in the aftermath of Maelstrom as Why
Gwendolyn
What in the hell is going on with this formerly amazing and consistent yet refreshed series? Six books and a couple of novellas in we get POV switches all over the place and now...WHAM-O new and exceedingly unattractive cover models out of freaking no where. You can't change what these guys look like just because of whatever publishing things came to your mind.

This series is on a downward dive that plagues a lot of series with more then 3 or 4 books. We don't need things changed up! The voice o
R.J.
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sighs. When I read a new Jordan L Hawk book I am in my happy place. Admittedly I was desperately hoping this was a new SPECTR book (hint hint) but oh my god, how I love Whyborne and his Griffin.

If you're up to this book then you will love it so much. If you haven't tried Jordan's writing, then I so recommend this series. I've never met a sexier more heroic couple of men!
milou ✲
"I caught him up in my arms, held him tight. He tucked his face against my shoulder. I can't lose you, Ival," he whispered. "I can't."

"Ssh." I kissed his hair. "We haven't lost each other yet."

Not the strongest book of the bunch, but still entertainable. The first part of this place at Widdershins where they discovered that Griffin's adoption mother was in danger, so they travel to Fallow in Kansas which means that Griffin has to return to the place where he has grown up at and where he was s
Deeze
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's way past my bedtime but there was no way I could sleep without finding out how Griffin and Whyborne managed to win the day.

OMG This one was fantastic. From the beginning I was immediately swept up in this story. The action in this was riveting and my emotions were taken on a roller coaster. From wondering just what was going on, to who was involved to how it could end I was enthralled. These stories just keep getting better.

As for the romance between Griffin and his Ival, my heart simply me
  • An Unseen Attraction (Sins of the Cities, #1)
  • Charmed and Dangerous
  • Fight the Tide (Kick at the Darkness, #2)
  • Dirty Love (Dirty Deeds, #3)
  • The Devil Lancer
  • Death by Silver (Julian Lynes and Ned Mathey, #1)
  • Nightingale
  • The Road to Silver Plume  (Secret Service #1)
  • Bitterwood
  • Six Degrees of Agony (By Degrees, #3)
  • A Frost of Cares
  • The Bone Orchard
  • The Pirate of Fathoms Deep (Tales of the High Court, #2)
  • The Sheltered City
Jordan L. Hawk is a non-binary queer author from North Carolina. Childhood tales of mountain ghosts and mysterious creatures gave them a life-long love of things that go bump in the night. When they aren’t writing, they brew their own beer and try to keep the cats from destroying the house. Their best-selling Whyborne & Griffin series (beginning with Widdershins) can be found in print, ebook, ...more

Whyborne & Griffin (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin, #1)
  • Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin, #2)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin, #4)
  • Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)
  • Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6)
  • Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7)
  • Draakenwood  (Whyborne & Griffin, #9)
  • Balefire (Whyborne & Griffin, #10)
  • Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin, #11)