UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > The Bacon Thread (with extra puns)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 267 (267 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9131 comments Or - the All-Day Breakfast Thread - when you've got that cured pork hankering.
Can't think why we haven't had a dedicated thread before (possibly because all threads are likely to be bacon-related at any given time).

For anything and everything to do with bacon. Tell us your favourite cut/serving method/bizarre combination. Bananas, Tim?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Yes, Tim IS bananas!

We need a bacon picture.

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments Maybe we haven't had one before because it's a book group?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9131 comments Tell us about your favourite book featuring bacon

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Kath wrote: "Maybe we haven't had one before because it's a book group?"

Seriously??

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sinclair | 985 comments Up early. Dropped wifes car for service. Went directly for breakfast to local cafe - bacon and sausage. 3 of each. With brown sauce.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Kath wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

I was thinking of that one, but I couldn't remember the title.

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments All books feature bacon eventually, especially when I run out of plates . . .

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Tim wrote: "All books feature bacon eventually, especially when I run out of plates . . ."

And bacon makes a better bookmark than a banana does.

message 11: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago What's bizarre about bacon and bananas. Have you never wrapped a (peeled) banana in smoked streaky bacon and then baked it?

The result is to,die for

message 12: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Baconic!

message 13: by Jane (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Wait until Patti see that, Jane!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I approve of this thread.

I love how my sister cooks bacon. It takes her forever, but every rasher is perfectly straight and perfectly cooked.

She'll be making us breakfast in a bit!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Tell her to make some extra and leave it here for us :)

message 17: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "I approve of this thread.

I love how my sister cooks bacon. It takes her forever, but every rasher is perfectly straight and perfectly cooked.

She'll be making us breakfast in a bit!"

Baconista!

message 18: by Jane (new)

message 19: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Jane wrote: "Bacon A Love Story A Salty Survey of Everybody's Favorite Meat by Heather LauerBacon A Love Story by Jesse Russell"

Baconography!

message 20: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments Dreamcatcher has bacon in it. When I read that I went though tons of bacon. Mmmmm..... bacon

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments The Full English - instructions for foreigners...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmieA...

message 22: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4535 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "The Full English - instructions for foreigners...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmieA..."

Well, at least I can eat about half of that. I wouldn't starve.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments We do have other food as well :) We certainly wouldn't want you to starve!

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Why does bacon in the Algarve taste shit ?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Dunno, never had it there. But I wonder is it worse than the substitute bacon we had in Dubai.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Sub standard bacon, that should be a crime.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9131 comments It should, Eastwood, it really should.

Baked beans have no place on a breakfast plate. Discuss.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I never have baked beans in my fry-up. They are wet and sloppy and destroy the taste of the other ingredients. I'm not too keen on the tomatoes either.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Don't mind beans but mushrooms yuk.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Ok, you have my beans and I'll have your mushrooms.

message 31: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Depends. Baked beans can be used to combat hash browns, but should never share a plate with bubble & squeak. Mushrooms are always good, as are tomatoes (tom-are-toes). Sausages... hard to beat a good cumberland or lincolnshire, but there are some distinctly substandard "tube-things" out there. Add black pudding to taste.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments That's a heart attack on a plate.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Enough for about 4 people!

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Mushrooms are making me sick.

message 36: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: ""

Baconflagration!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Baconic.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9131 comments My perfect breakfast fry up - bacon (middle - cos you get the back and the streaky), fried egg, tomatoes, potato scone. Not bothered about the sausage actually - unless we go the Full Scottish and add on Lorne sausage and a haggis slice. mmmmm

message 39: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Baconic."

Baconsternation...

message 40: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Far too many hash browns, and where's the fried bread?

message 41: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Enough for about 4 people!"

Except for the bacon - they appear to be a bit stingy!

message 43: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Baconjugation!

message 44: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4535 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "We do have other food as well :) We certainly wouldn't want you to starve!"

Don't worry. That would take quite a while, during which I would be searching for more bacon.

Alas, I have plenty of reserves.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Me too, me too...sigh...

message 46: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Me too, me too...sigh..."

Bacontentment.

message 47: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago Just baked bacon muffins. Yummy.

message 48: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "I never have baked beans in my fry-up. They are wet and sloppy and destroy the taste of the other ingredients. I'm not too keen on the tomatoes either."

Drain the beans of most of their sauce - and then fry them!

Are you going to put the bacon muffin recipe in the recipe thread, Jane?

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Um, you have found a way of creating bacon-flavoured muffins that you then fill with bacon?

message 50: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Clayton | 1040 comments Rosemary what's that coming over the hill wrote: "My perfect breakfast fry up - bacon (middle - cos you get the back and the streaky), fried egg, tomatoes, potato scone. Not bothered about the sausage actually - unless we go the Full Scottish and ..."

OH! Not had Lorne sausage in almost 30 years!! Must see if anywhere in the island sells it.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6