The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello from Sweden!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 13 comments Hello, I'm Paula from Sweden. I read all genres, but mystery and crime was the first adult genre I tried as a teen so it has a special place in my heart. Favorite authors include Agatha Christie, John Dickson Carr and Rex Stout, as well as modern authors like Ann Cleeves and Michael Connelly. I love using challenges to influence what book to read next, so I look forward to participating in this group.

message 2: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 9217 comments Mod
Welcome! I love challenges too, and group reads. I think you'll be happy here.

Stephanie Hutabarat | 1093 comments Hello from Indonesia,Paula. It is nice to know you and i love love sweden authors, such as Stieg Larsson,Camilla Läckberg, Henning Mankell. I adore their books. Since you also like thriller, have you already read books from: Michael Robotham, Peter James, Peter Robinson? Maybe you can try if you still not read it..

message 4: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1573 comments Welcome, Paula

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 13 comments Thanks for the warm welcome, Nancy, Stephanie and Thomas!

Stephanie, I haven't heard of Michael Robotham before, but I'll be sure to check him out. I've read a few of Peter Robinson's books, but for some reason I've never picked up Peter James, even though his books are easy to find here in Sweden.

Stephanie Hutabarat | 1093 comments Hi,Paula. You should try to read Peter James's book. It's really intrique and..well, i always can not put the book whenever i read his books. Same also with Robotham's, it's psychological thriller and i like the characters on it

message 7: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 186 comments Hi and welcome Paula.

Amanda

message 8: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 36249 comments Welcome Paula. I also like John Dickson Carr among others.

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 13 comments Thanks for the welcome, Curlyhair and Jan C!

message 10: by Bill (new)

Bill Welcome to the group, Paula.

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 13 comments Thank you, Bill!

message 12: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1573 comments I borrowed The Bridge/Broen from the library and just finished. I enjoyed it. I also read Connelly, Mankell among others.

message 13: by Beth (new)

Beth | 408 comments Welcome to the group, Paula! Check out the Genre Discussions for the subgenres you're most interested in, to get some good recommendations. You can also befriend some of us and see what we read and rated 5 stars.

message 14: by Alan (new)

Alan | 149 comments Paula wrote: "Hello, I'm Paula from Sweden. I read all genres, but mystery and crime was the first adult genre I tried as a teen so it has a special place in my heart. Favorite authors include [author:Agatha Chr..."
Welcome, Paula. I'm Alan from St, Louis, MO.

message 15: by Dauglas (new)

Dauglas Dauglas Hi,

I am giving away free copies of my Crime/Detective novel (set in Cape Town) - ROSES IN THE RAINBOW

You can claim your copy via this amazon link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYU8022#...