Drop Everything And Read discussion

About You > Why did you join this group?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
What was your reason for joining this group?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Because I can drop everything and anything just to read.

message 3: by Sıla (new)

Sıla (sincapsla) I was discovering the app and the name of this group took me by surprise

Bianca & pancho Aldama (frank18757) Because I always wanted to be a book club and discuss books with others that are into the same thing

message 5: by Tiah (new)

Tiah (tiahelaine) I really want to find an awesome book club as I've never been a part of one and wish to meet more people who love to read.

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraax) | 24 comments I've been wanting to meet some new people on goodreads! Hopefully i'll be able to get out of this reading slump i am in, I love discussing books and have quite a large TBR.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 80 comments Because Hallie's cool. ;)

message 8: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "Because Hallie's cool. ;)"

Aw Melissa! Thank you!

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 80 comments You're welcome. :)

message 10: by Bryson (new)

Bryson Arcane | 1 comments To get more people to read my free book only one spot away from being #1 best seller for free teenager book genreThe Elementalist GenerationThe Elementalist Generation

message 11: by Angelica (new)

Angelica | 5 comments I joined groups so as to get notifications. It feels so bland having to open your account everyday without some sort of interaction. Les be friends. :)

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ravenscroft (valerieravenscroft) Like most before me, to meet new people and be more active on Goodreads. Ghosts too get tired of simply haunting. ;)

message 13: by Vidushi (new)

Vidushi (thehappyreading) | 3 comments wanted to be a part of a book club full of reading enthusiasts...:D

message 14: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) Hi all, I am a newbie to this group but not Goodreads thought I would join as you seem to have some great books listed and some challenges that look fun!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanted to be in a group with other people who love to read! However, I wanted one that wasn't too big that my voice would get lost!

message 16: by Ash (new)

Ash | 5 comments i loved the name of the group, and was intrigued by the book buddy idea, although at the moment i am rereading my library rather than buying more, but also to discuss books with people who love to read as much as i do!

message 17: by Micky (new)

Micky | 1 comments Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm new to the whole book club thing, and yours seemed so well put together, I couldn't help but join. I am also new to Goodreads. I had been using it for years to find books but I finally made myself a lil account and am now busy tracking down old favorite books and finding new books. I love it and even though some of the features are a little confusing, I think I've found myself a new home for all things books. Right now I'm just looking for fellow bookworms that love to read and I would love to make this the place where I have discussions and fangirl. I've read of over the rules and understand most everything and I know that I'll love it, I already do. I know that this place will also help me make lots of friends and I'm excited for that as well.
So that wraps up why I joined, nice to meet you all!

Lauren (Shakespeare & Whisky) | 44 comments Discussion of books. Noone really discusses books in comments of reviews cause its a bit rude if you dont agree but in a group you can discuss and disagree as much as you want.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "Discussion of books. Noone really discusses books in comments of reviews cause its a bit rude if you dont agree but in a group you can discuss and disagree as much as you want."
I agree! Another reason i joined is that nowadays some people think its a waste of time to discuss a book or debate about a character whereas in this group everyone is interested in books and there are lots of books to talk about and review!

message 20: by Olivia (new)

Olivia White | 11 comments because i really love reading always have and i thought it would be really cool to meet people who love reading to, and here i can find new books and talk about them to people.

message 21: by Robyn (new)

Robyn I am 15 books behind my yearly reading goal... I need some motivation! hoping to find some buddies to read with and all the book clubs in my area meet when I am at work. With my schedule, virtual book clubs are the only way to go!

message 22: by J. (new)

J. | 8 comments I wanted to try and meet some other avid readers, see what happened :)

I've also got a bit of an ulterior motive, since I'm a newly self-published author and I'm hoping to spread the word about my teen horror novel The Good Fight (free preview on the Goodreads page!)

The Good Fight by Justin Robinson

message 23: by Alyce (last edited Aug 01, 2016 06:37AM) (new)

Alyce Graffius Flynn (alyceflynn) | 13 comments Hello everyone!

I joined this group because I just published my first book! I would love if you would check it out and let me know what you think. It's available on Amazon and on my website. Free shipping. Happy reading to you, and thank you in advance if you check out my New Released Book Wink!
Wink http//:winktrilogy.com Wink by Alyce Flynn

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I love to read but I also love to talk about good books. I like to hear other people's perspectives and see things I missed through their eyes. And I enjoy doing the same for others.

message 25: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Lynn Bacon (clhayton55) | 98 comments I love to read but I also love to talk about them to.

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Lynn Bacon (clhayton55) | 98 comments I like to hear other people perspectives.

message 27: by Lexy (new)

Lexy | 2 comments I love to read

message 28: by Abhinav (new)

Abhinav Mendhe | 6 comments Because of the catchy name. I love to read.

message 29: by Mariusz (new)

Mariusz (mariuszczapla) | 1 comments haha because the name of this group is my life motto :D

message 30: by Criselda (new)

Criselda (criseldageekfreak) | 3 comments i love reading as well as writing it keeps me alive.

message 31: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 7 comments I was looking for a group to join, feeling nervous as not joined a group before. Noticed this groups Aug book choices included one I had read this month so I felt I could contribute straight away to the group... before I lost my nerve. Now looking forward to seeing what the Sept choices are.

message 32: by Elsa (new)

Elsa | 1 comments I'm a voracious reader and was excited to get to know more people like that:) discussing about books (especially the ones that make you want to drop everything else and read) is definitely something I'll love doing!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Because I've never been in book club or something before. And I like to read to what everyone's reading, it's kind of encouraging me to try something new.

message 34: by Kris (new)

Kris (kelaine75) | 3 comments I wanted to get book recommendations and opinions on books I have read. Also, I wanted to find out what others thought made a book compelling.

message 35: by Yong (new)

Yong Min Yue I would like to make friends who also love to read like me and share recommendations

message 36: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I drop everything if I am reading a book, and I like to discuss books with others who love reading like me. In addition, I like to share and recieve recommendations from others.

message 37: by Yani (new)

Yani Lucarini (yanilu) | 3 comments Because I really like the name of this group!

message 38: by Rose (new)

Rose Frost | 4 comments cz i'd like to speak to other people who have a love for books like me.

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Small (lizziebooks__) | 7 comments So I can make friends maybe and talk about books.

message 40: by Katri (new)

Katri Bookworm | 16 comments The name of the group is basically my motto, there is nothing greater than reading. I want to maybe make some friends here too, and it was a featured group, so that was even better!!

message 41: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 28 comments To talk to other avid readers!

message 42: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) Because D.E.A.R. Was my favorite time during school growing up, I couldn't wait for the principal to announce over the loud speaker for everyone to "drop everything and read"

message 43: by Free Fall Faith (new)

Free Fall Faith (freefallfaith) | 19 comments Because I'm new and wanted to join a group..... and I'm seriously addicted to books. I can read all day long and never get bored and if I don't have anything else to do I read three to four books a day, depends on the thickness and how interest I am in it.

message 44: by Manon (new)

Manon  Blackbeak | 93 comments I joined this group so I could meet new people who have a real passion for books and to meet people who adore the same books as I do and I just thought it would be a fun new experience :) !!

message 45: by Sarah. B (new)

Sarah. B I joined to get book reccomendations and meet people who really love reading :-)

message 46: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Valencia | 4 comments I joined to get recommendations for books to read. It's amazing how many new authors there are out there. I've a tendency to stick with the well known authors that I know are a great read but lately I've found some extraordinary ones on GoodReads.

message 47: by Oli (new)

Oli Rubio | 11 comments I joined because I really like reading books and I wanted to join a group that recommended and help me get the chance to discover new authors. And also to meet new people who love books!

message 48: by Bella (new)

Bella Evans | 3 comments I joined so that i can get to know fellow readers, get reviews on books, discuss books and to get a feel of book clubs/groups. Ive always loved reading and writing so I wanted tobsee who has similar interests and to learn new things.

message 49: by Linda (new)

Linda | 20 comments Never had been in a book club before and the name of the group caught my attention.

message 50: by Cosmos (new)

Cosmos | 532 comments I joined because I'm curious, want to meet new people, get some book recommendations, and have some fun.

« previous 1 3