Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading the week of July 4?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Looking forward to three releases tomorrow; The Summer Bride by Gracie, The Gift of Guile by Alissa Johnson and the new Hoyt novella .

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I just finished a good contemporary romance - Mirepoix. I'm not sure the blurb does it justice. I'm just about to write my review for it now.

Next up - The Sapphire Affair.

message 3: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2112 comments Mod
Starting on Beneath the Neon Moon by Theda Black

message 4: by Okie (new)

*Deb, thanks for posting!! I've been working long hrs between 2 different hospitals and I was thinking today was Sunday o.O

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Okie wrote: "*Deb, thanks for posting!! I've been working long hrs between 2 different hospitals and I was thinking today was Sunday o.O"

You poor thing. Try and rest up. If I knew what I was doing, I'd offer to do it. Then again, I'd be posting early because I'm ahead of time (LOL...it feels like we're on different planets sometimes)

message 6: by Okie (last edited Jul 04, 2016 09:34PM) (new)

Thanks, Stacey! My day starts at 4am and it's been 2 long weeks with split days off. My next day off is this coming Saturday and then the following week I'll have a weekend off. Squee!
LOL! Its so crazy to me how y'all are a day ahead.

message 7: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments I'm reading an assortment!
just finished LK Then Came You and about to start the Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels ... which is number 1 on a couple of blogs for Best Romance.
And someone lent me a Nora Roberts book called The Search.
I don't think I've read Nora Roberts (well other than her JD Robb books that is!)
It is SO COLD in Perth this week! our max temps are 13 during the day (for Americans that is 55F) which for Perth is cold during the day haha
Hope the Northern Hemisphere friends are having a nice summer!

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I've just finished Moonshot by Alessandra Torre and I'll re-read Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews... I don;t know after that.

Leigh I think you'll love Lord of Scoundrels. The hero is very high stung and the heroine has her head on her shoulders.

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Okie wrote: "Thanks, Stacey! My day starts at 4am and it's been 2 long weeks with split days off. My next day off is this coming Saturday and then the following week I'll have a weekend off. Squee!
LOL! Its so..."

Enjoy you time off :-)

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I'm reading an assortment!
just finished LK Then Came You and about to start the Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels ... which is number 1 on a couple of blogs for Best Romance.
And someone lent me ..."

Yeah, I'm a bit over this cold weather.

I love Nora Roberts. I hope you enjoy it.

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "I've just finished Moonshot by Alessandra Torre and I'll re-read Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews... I don;t know after that.

Leigh I think you'll love Lord of Scoundrel..."

OMG you are so right!!!
although sometimes I just want to hit both of them for being so stupid! lol

message 12: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Finally read HOMETOWN BOY by Janice Kay Johnson. Excellent book. I really enjoyed it and it spurred me on to buy the first in her The Mysteries of Angel Butte series. I'm not a big fan of Romantic Suspense so we'll see if JKJ comes through for me.

Waiting anxiously for Nalini Singh's ROCK WEDDING being released July 19th.

message 13: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1923 comments Mod
I started Kristen Callihan's Idol last night. Kind of an iffy start since the hero barfs on the heroine because he's drunk in the first few pages. Not exactly romantic in my book!

Also, I'm a little jealous of you guys in the southern hemisphere since its hot and humid and awful in lower Alabama right now.

message 14: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Manda wrote: "I started Kristen Callihan's Idol last night. Kind of an iffy start since the hero barfs on the heroine because he's drunk in the first few pages. Not exactly romantic in my book!

..."

Oh my lordy!! Manda, stick with it. He gets so much better and you get to meet Mr Gandy's look-a-like Scottie!! :-) ♥

message 15: by Manda (new)

I am, Stacey. Fear not! Just grossed me out a bit.

I'd forgot she was writing a DG lookalike. I'm of two minds on celeb lookalike characters. On the one hand if it's someone I think is dishy, I'm all for it. But sometimes it's someone I do not find attractive at all...and that's a problem!

message 16: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Manda wrote: "I am, Stacey. Fear not! Just grossed me out a bit.

I'd forgot she was writing a DG lookalike. I'm of two minds on celeb lookalike characters. On the one hand if it's someone I think is dishy, I'm..."

I totally agree with you. But who cound not love Mr Gandy...then again I'm very biased ;)

description

message 17: by Manda (new)

Ok I finished Idol and really ended up enjoying it. Still not more than my fave of hers (The Friend Zone) but I liked it a lot. Can't wait for Scottie's story.

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm reading the Bride Hunt Ball bc Leigh-Ayn liked it, really good so far!

message 19: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments Omg Rach!!! Haha that book made me laugh so much!!! She just attracts trouble!!! Lol