Start by marking “Idol (VIP, #1)” as Want to Read:

Idol

(VIP #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  23,283 ratings  ·  2,343 reviews
Libby

I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won’t leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he’s slowly wearing me down, making me crave more.

He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is inten
Published June 7th 2016 by Plain Jane

To ask other readers questions about Idol, please sign up.
Kristin It's a standalone. There's a snippet of the second book at the end of Idol and it deals with the band's manager.
Dovilė Arlikevičiūtė It is written in both main characters point of view, depending on the situation they are at.

·  23,283 ratings  ·  2,343 reviews

Start your review of Idol (VIP, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::::

He could be mine if I dare to claim him.
Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs.

HOLY WOW!! This was the ultimate rock star star romance!! It was absolutely perfect and had everything I could possibly wish for and more. Every word was loaded with swoon, hotness, and the most intensely passionate romance you can imagine. My heart was racing non-stop and I couldn't stop smiling from the moment I started reading until I reached the very last page. This
A.
4.5 STARS

THIS is how it’s done!

1. You take one of the most overused plots in the contemporary romance genre and you turn it into a great story line.

2. You add a little bit of angst, a great deal of laugh-out-loud moments, awesome main characters, a bunch of hot as hell secondary characters, and you got yourself a winner!

3. You DON'T throw unexpected and stupid plot twists, overdramatic and whiny heroines, cocky and slutty heroes, other women/men drama, and other eye-roll worthy elements that
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
This book went on sale for only 99 cents! Get it HERE! :)

"You tell me you dreamed of this life... Let me show you. Let me give you the world, baby doll"

➦This rock star romance certainly had everything to make it enjoyable - the funny way in which the main characters meet, the incredibly sweet way they connect through music, the steamy sex scenes, and the fascinating descriptions of on stage performances.

Liberty, the heroine, is an extremely talented musician who is hiding away on
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.75 - 3 Stars

The heroine being a closet-musician, whom the hero suddenly decides to throw on stage and on tour with his huge world famous band (that had just returned from a troubled year-long hiatus), just seemed a little...contrived to me.

I also felt that the story was kind of placid at times. It just seemed like nothing was really... happening ... and the propulsion forward felt without purpose at times.

Regardless, it was a decent read and I enjoyed it for the most part.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 LAWN BUM & ELLY MAY STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Music can be your friend when you have none, your lover when you're needy. Your rage, your sorrow, your joy, your pain. Your voice when you've lost your own. To be a part of that, to be the soundtrack of someone's life, is a beautiful thing.

photo 39919b43fff25d1c9bb9233fd5e42068_zps5rfmgcc7.jpg

It has been a while since I’ve read a Rock Star romance and all I can say is that I am left wanting to read more of this genre. I’ve read some that didn’t quite hit the mark and the
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

Kristen Callihan has a new fan from now on. Yeah, actually ‘Idol’ was my first book by her. God knows why I waited so long to try one of her books, but I plan to rectify that sooner than later. ‘Idol’ surprised me in a very good way, not only with its characters, but also with its plot. I can’t say I’m a big fan of rockstar romance genre, but Kristin Callihan made me devour this first installment in her newest series from beginning until the end.

“There's no one else like her. T
jessica
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what a cute story! ive always romanticised the idea of being involved with a musician. theres something about being a persons muse and inspiring songs that just gets my heart going.

and what i enjoyed most about this particular story is the wildly famous and successful musician is actually a kind and decent person. usually they get characterised as massive jerks, so this was a refreshing change. it was nice to read about just two people who fell for each other and having to navigating being toge
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Idol
Series: VIP #1
Author: Kristen Callihan
Release date: June 7, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Not only am I a huge fan of this author, but I'm also a little addicted to the rockstar romance genre. So there was no doubt in my mind that this was fate. A match made in red-hot, hard rock heaven in this gorgeously packaged story. Bribery was not off the table, and I might have been willing to sell a kidney to get my hands on this book.

I've loved Kristen Callihan's G
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS

I'm a twenty-seven-year-old, multimillionaire singer-guitarist in the biggest rock band in the world, and I have no earthly clue how to have a relationship with a woman. I could laugh. But I don't find it funny. Because I want Liberty Bell.

*pause for dirty thoughts about Killian*
...
...
And I'm back!
Seriously though, even the man's name is hot. Killian. *rarr*
But I digress...

Idol marks book one in Callihan's sexy new VIP series and if this book is anything to go by, this is the start of
Alex is The Romance Fox
4,5 stars

OOh!!!!! VIP Series by Kristen Callihan has just become another hot favourite rock star series of mine!!!
 photo hey-there-rock-star-glitter_zps6qcxahxm.gif
Idol is the 1st book in the series.....and I'm totally hooked on the story, the characters and especially KILLIAN JAMES, lead singer/guitarist of Kill John, the hottest rock band in the world!!!!
 photo anigif_enhanced-8751-1413238448-5_zpsxnvabxev.gif
NO, NO, NO......Kanye West...........you are so not the no one rock star in the world.........KILLIAN JAMES IS...........
 photo f812fccc8e10c657a139b7d337ae2950_zpsn6cqqu4a.jpg
Killian James must be one of th
Stacey is Sassy
description

Mr Gandy was mentioned and my like turned to love.

Well, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration, but really, how could I not love a book when a character is said to resemble Mr Gandy? As you may know, I have a wee crush on David Gandy. Hubby knows about it, shakes his head about it and mumbles and grumbles about it. He’s my “free” crush. This little obsession is based purely on his looks. I know, I’m shallow, but the guy is just really good looking to me. Do I want to meet him? No. Do I fantasise a
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
CURRENTLY ON SALE! https://amzn.to/2MsLX3N

description

Some people may not know this, but I'm not into rocker romances. I think the first one I read scarred me for life and I’ve avoided them ever since. But after reading Kristen Callihan’s Game On Series, I fell head over heels for her writing and knew I had to give this one a try.
I mean the woman created Drew freaking Baylor. And I am so glad I did! Kristen’s writing is filled with humor, angst, and romance and they were all present in Idol.

Libby is
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
*****5 Stars*****

description

“The world thought he was theirs. I knew he was mine."

“Idol” is book one of the VIP series by Kristen Callihan and what an amazing book to start with. I am a real sucker for rock stars and this book certainly was no exception. I absolutely loved the references to real life rock stars, especially to Vedder, Cobain, Bowie and Prince. I believe Kristen Callihan is a real music enthusiast and it was quite evident in her writing. We all have that certain song that touches us
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.5 STARS*****

There’s beauty to found in a rock stars heart, if you can get to it. In order to write and perform with such passion, there has to be some pain there. And to find that pain and then to heal the wounds caused by the pain is a gift unto itself. Idol is one of those books that lets you into a rock stars heart.

Killian is hurting, emotionally he is broken.

Libby is hurting, emotionally she is broken.

Can they heal themselves? Can they heal each other? There’s the million dollar quest
Pearl Angeli
"Killian James isn't just an addiction, or a summer fling. He's becoming my everything. And that is both exhilarating and terrifying."

3 Rock Stars!

(I buddyread this book with my beautiful friend Rachmi. Click her name to read her thoughts. :))

Because of its glowing reviews, I wasn't able to resist reading this book. They were right, it was a guilty-pleasure read. The moment I started reading it, I found myself really hooked because of the interesting characters who are both inclined
Jessica
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 25-hawt, 24-ebooks
Damn, I really wanted to like this :( But I should’ve listened to my gut feeling because both Liberty and Killian kinda rubbed me the wrong way right from the start...

This was as standard and predictable as you’d expect from the blurb, which can be entertaining if the romance works for you, which sadly, for me, it did not.

This had pretty much everything I’m usually into, it was fairly well written and hot, too, but I just couldn’t connect with Killian and Liberty. Their relationship progressed t
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5++++ Baby Doll Stars

I ADORED THIS!!!

photo 04DFEC95-320B-48EE-A0F9-D5794B49D8BB_zpsovo3uuak.jpg

I knew this book was going to speak to my heart as soon as I opened the first pages. There was a call out to a couple of legends that have passed this year, I literally squealed and showed my husband ‘No Joke’. I am part of a family in real life where music is the center of everything we do, from my Dad who plays in his own band also my bro doing the same to falling for my husband who thrives of music so you come into my home and 9/10 times I have my ipod
Dilek VT
This is one of these books I have had a hard time rating...

* The hero is totally swoon-worthy with no flaws at all.
* The heroine is just perfect, too... I loved her.
* And their love is amazing, with all these deep emotions and the wonderful chemistry between them.

So, what is my problem??? Why not more stars?

Well, here are my reasons:

1. Firstly, I guess that was the most "uneventful" love story I have ever read. Nothing much happens really. Lowest angst ever! There were times I really got bored
Sophia Triad
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have you ever dreamed of having the high of your life?

You know what I mean.

Winning an Oscar for example and hold it carefully in front of a few millions TV spectators while you are thanking your mother crying your eyes out.
Or finishing the Olympics marathon at first place, leaving everyone behind you, raising your eyes up and thanking lord while everyone is cheering.
Or being the victor of a Grammy and knowing there is limo with the best champagne waiting for you and your company when you leav
Kristen
4 Stars

A fun, sexy, and romantic Rock Star romance. The plot was solid and the characters lovable. I very much enjoyed this one.
S.M. West
5 'lodestone' STARS

photo IDOL3_zpsyhhawxma.jpg

This was like a trip down memory lane with all the musical references that held such special, stand out moments in my youth. Instant connection for me: to the story, the characters, the music. And all of that without the fact that I’m a huge Kristen Callihan fan and go gaga for rock romances!

Killian James, lead singer and guitarist for Kill John, the biggest rock band in the world, literally crashes into Liberty (Libby) Bell’s world. From the first few words, I was hoo
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers looking for a sweet romance between two music lovers and with just a "little" angst! ;)
4.5 ★'s

You just know that a book is gonna be good when it starts out with the guy being passed out drunk on the girl's lawn and she's having to hose him down because he smells so bad! I think I was hooked from the get-go.

Killian is the lead singer of a rock band called Kill John and it's been a year since tragedy struck. All the band members are at loose ends. Killian's decided to get away from things but first he does that whole stinky-passed-out-drunk thing.

Liberty doesn't know what to make o
Sabrina
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

Killian lost it all when his band took a hiatus that he wasn't sure he would ever return from. His path of destruction led him to being passed out drunk on Libby's front lawn. He didn't realize that she would be his salvation, but once he heard her singing he knew he never wanted to leave her. But Libby is used to her sheltered life and isn't positive being with a world famous musician is something she can do.

Why I waited so long to read this book, I will never know. But I'm really glad that I
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5-4 BABY DOLL stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

I can't believe it took me this long to join the VIP train! I've heard a lot of good things about this book, but for some reason I only picked this up today. Best decision ever!

The Animal screams. For me.
And I am the one who controls it..."

[image error]

The tortured rock star and the reclusive country girl. Liberty Bell and Killian James could not be from more different worlds than anyone else, but they still end up meeting when Kill
Ramona Popescu
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

I put this book " on hold" for a while and even now I don't know the reason for doing so.. I just had other books that were on my priority list and considering I already have a favorite rocker, I was kind of reticent to read this.
But I was wrong... You maybe know at that rocker I am referring to, but Killian is nothing like him, fact that I enjoyed, because I love diversity in characters.

So, Idol is the first installment of the VIP series and our main characters are Killian and Liberty. They met
Jen
This book was amazing!!! It brought me back to why I love to read. There is nothing that I didn't love about it. Kristen Callihan did a wonderful job of making the characters come alive to me from the beginning of the book. I find that a book like that is becoming harder to find; but in "Idol" the story sucked me right in from the get go!!!

Liberty Bell; aka, Libby...finds a "bum" on her front lawn one day, considering she is quite a feisty heroine...she didn't run screaming. Instead she got out
Diana
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about a book that I didn’t think I would even like, but ended up loving it. I usually do not read N/A books because of all the unnecessary drama. But this one checked all the boxes for me.

Killian James is a rock superstar and lead singer for the number one band in the world, Kill John. When the band takes a hiatus because of an unexpected circumstance, Killian is devastated and lost. He takes a trip to North Carolina and meets Liberty Bell, his neighbor for the summer. The first e
Kat
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
This was a super cute read where Killian, rock star, has been on hiatus after some personal tragedy, and goes off to live in a remote coastal location. He meets Libby, farm girl, and they hit it off. I loved the chemistry and sass between these two. The relationship that develops, and eventual stresses when he has to return to touring were well played out, and I liked the way the author handled the pacing. Will definitely check out more by her!

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on s
Olga therebelreader
Ms. Callihan does a magnificent job in creating Killian as a hot, arrogant, charming rock star. He is the front man for Kill John, the biggest rock band in the world. Despite the fact that lonely Libby is neither glamorous nor rich, and despite the fact that super-star Killian seems star-struck with her, she refuses to be swept away by the power of his celebrity. However, their love is real, so they must find a way, through the difficulties of stardom to a life they can both live with.

I liked t
Michelle
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 510ac490cecb22e546efee308d9003_zpsjdriadrw.gif

photo a83cc56f44bc55a98f0eb20a8526e7_zpsht4onbmn.gif “Music can be your friend when you have none, your lover when you’re needy. Your rage, your sorrow, your joy, your pain. Your voice when you’ve lost your own. To be a part of that, to be the soundtrack of someone’s life, is a beautiful thing. —Killian James, lead singer and guitarist, Kill John ”

IDOL by Kristen Callihan was one of those slow burn rocker romance that left me with a big fat smile. Ms. Callihan knew the right notes and

• Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • Mayhem (Mayhem, #1)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Bossman
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • Royally Screwed (Royally, #1)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Come back
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she'd rather be. She is a RITA winner and three-time nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer's Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher's Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine's Seal of Excellence, was named a best boo ...more

VIP (4 books)