Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Proposed Schedule for Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments It seems there was an interest for a buddy read of this series. I have already read the first book, but would love to join in by the second - and the first one is still fresh enough in my memory to join the discussion for that one too :)

Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne
The Emperor's Blades
The Providence of Fire
The Last Mortal Bond

Who is in?

message 2: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
I have also read the first book and would start with the second. This was a series I decided to do as an audio book so it doesn't affect my other commitments and I can start whenever the group is ready. If you do audio books I can highly recommend this narrator who is excellent. Audio probably constitutes 20% of my total reading and kills my commute better than mindless DJs.

message 3: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3586 comments Mod
I have read the first two this year. Happy to discuss if anyone is buddy reading them and then join in to read the third.

message 4: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments It's not on my audiobook service sadly. But I have a lot of other series there so it's all good.

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

It doesn't matter if I do audio and you do print. I was merely giving a little clarity as to why I can do this whenever since I've posted elsewhere my schedule for the rest of the summer is jammed.

message 6: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments No of course not. I just checked because I like doing audibooks while at work. And I work a lot this summer ;)

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Ah gotcha.

message 8: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Moved discussion to its own folder.

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

So I can add the books. Do we want to give two weeks for people to read book one and start book two at that point and book three two weeks after? Longer time frame? Wait until Aug or Sept........?

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments I've read the first two books as well and currently have the third one sitting on my book shelf. I don't know when I'll have time to get around to reading it though, this month is all booked for me. I'm willing to read it next month however!

message 11: by José (new)

José (lectorconstante19) I was planning to start this series soon, so I'm in!

I see that most of you have already read the first one. My July schedule is a bit tight, but I'll try to catch up with everyone :)

August or September would be ideal for me.

message 12: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Count me in. I'll start with The Emperor's Blades very soon. Just need to finish Chains of the Heretic first. I'm currently at 70 %.

message 13: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
For some reason, I didn't enjoy the first one as much as others so I will be out for the series. I have heard of a lot of other people who liked it though so I hope you all enjoy the series. :)

message 14: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Jul 05, 2016 02:27PM) (new)

September would be great for me to read book 3 if that works for anyone else?

message 15: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments I think I could do that. Then I will read book 2 in August if anyone would like to join that :)

message 16: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

I'm in for August and September on books two and three.

message 17: by Lundos (new)

Lundos | 392 comments I'll wait with book three and join in.

message 18: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments September would be a great month for me to read book three as well!

message 19: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Just started book 1.

message 20: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Fantastic. I'm glad there is going to be a few of us reading the book together.

I hope you enjoy book #1 Samir.

message 21: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Thank you Angela. I'm sure i will :)

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma | 12 comments I'm in for Book 3 in September.

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace (allthatisgold) | 18 comments Looks like I'll have to pick up book 1 before August. I have it on my Kindle and would be interesting in joining in with this. :)

message 24: by Solseit (new)

Solseit | 1460 comments Hi All!!
I just finished "The Emperor's blades" and I am in love with it! I was so excited about the whole story (although I would have loved to read more about Adare!) so I wonder if we start a discussion here on the book club or if we have another platform to share and discuss the book!
I know the schedule is to read "The Providence of Fire" in August but it would be great if there was a conversation - in the form of a new comment section maybe - to chat about the first book of the series, granted I am new to the group and I don't know the usual steps post reading the book!

Thank you!
Aristea

message 25: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Aristea wrote: "Hi All!!
I just finished "The Emperor's blades" and I am in love with it! I was so excited about the whole story (although I would have loved to read more about Adare!) so I wonder if we start a d..."

I started a new thread on it. I agree on Adare but can discuss there.

There wasn't a thread because the group is on the newer side and it seems almost everybody had already read book one and nearly half book two. So the discussions should be larger as the books go on.

message 26: by Solseit (new)

Solseit | 1460 comments Scott wrote: "Aristea wrote: "Hi All!!
I just finished "The Emperor's blades" and I am in love with it! I was so excited about the whole story (although I would have loved to read more about Adare!) so I wonder..."

Thank you!

message 27: by Jody (new)

Jody  | 28 comments Count me in! I am about half way into book 2, and really enjoying it. Looking forward to a buddy read for book 3 with everyone.

message 28: by Solseit (new)

Solseit | 1460 comments I just ordered the physical copy of book three and I am sooooo excited to see this series through!

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma | 12 comments Aristea wrote: "I just ordered the physical copy of book three and I am sooooo excited to see this series through!"

Got mine on audio so, like Scott said, it'll be a slow read for me too!

message 30: by Solseit (new)

Solseit | 1460 comments I was looking into Netgalley - for inspiration - and I saw Skullsworn is available there, if you are interested.
Of course it means you need to be picked but trying does not cost a thing!

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments If you want to start sometime in january with the First book iam in. Ive had my eyes on this for a long time