Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Proposed Schedule for Shadow Campaigns

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
The Thousand Names (completed)
The Shadow Throne (start 7-12-16)
The Price of Valour (start 7-26-16)
The Guns of Empire (start 8-09-16)

So I've read book one. With the above schedule anybody who wants in would have two weeks to read book one. Then two weeks for each additional book. FYI book one is on Kindle for $1.99 now and two and three only $7.99 so it's a good value. The first was great.

message 2: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
I'll be good to start The Shadow Throne on the 12th.

message 3: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments I would love to join this if I can find the books in time.

I have just reserved The Thousand Names from my local library, so I hope I should get it in time to read it before the 12th.

Unfortunately they don't have the others, so I will have to see if I can find them elsewhere (with not a lot of money to spend).

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

There's a giveaway for book 4 just click on the book link and you'll find it. The Kindle Editions are $7.99 each for books 2 and 3 which isn't bad but I'm not sure about cheaper/free options.

message 5: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments I will do some research. Maybe I can make a good deal ordering them from England now that the pound has dropped :P

I would really prefer not to get an ebook version.

message 6: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Eli wrote: "I will do some research. Maybe I can make a good deal ordering them from England now that the pound has dropped :P

I would really prefer not to get an ebook version."

Good luck finding them - it would be great if you could join us!

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 8 comments I'll try to join this one, I'd like to catch up for the new book coming out. I really enjoyed the first, but haven't made it back to the series yet.

message 8: by Simon (new)

Simon Tombides | 3 comments This series has been one Ive wanted to get into for some time, i may even read and listen to book one to try and keep up.

message 9: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Simon wrote: "This series has been one Ive wanted to get into for some time, i may even read and listen to book one to try and keep up."

If you start now, you have almost a week before we buddy read the second book. :)

message 10: by Simon (new)

Simon Tombides | 3 comments Great I think I can actually make it!!

message 11: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments So, who's starting the Shadow Throne on Tuesday?

message 12: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Dan wrote: "So, who's starting the Shadow Throne on Tuesday?"

I know I am and Scott is as well.

message 13: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Yes I'm in.

message 14: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments I checked around for these while I was out today, no bookstores had them though :( I may just have to bulk order them online, but I'll try do that soon and get caught up - definitely intrigued by the series and I've heard some very positive things!

message 15: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Sean wrote: "I checked around for these while I was out today, no bookstores had them though :( I may just have to bulk order them online, but I'll try do that soon and get caught up - definitely intrigued by t..."

Kindle has the first three for cheap. Not sure if you read in digital format.

message 16: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments I do, but I much prefer print. I'm a collector, so I like to have the physical copy for my shelf, and I'm loathe to purchase something digitally when I know I will purchase the print copy eventually. I'll keep an eye out anyways, see if I stumble across them anywhere.

message 17: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments Sean wrote: "I do, but I much prefer print. I'm a collector, so I like to have the physical copy for my shelf, and I'm loathe to purchase something digitally when I know I will purchase the print copy eventuall..."

I know the feeling, I'm the exact same. My problem will be the fourth one as I live in South America I'll have to get the digital copy of it if I wanna follow this schedule, which is a real shame.

message 18: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Dan wrote: "Sean wrote: "I do, but I much prefer print. I'm a collector, so I like to have the physical copy for my shelf, and I'm loathe to purchase something digitally when I know I will purchase the print c..."

I don't think I'll be able to get the book right away either, but we can always talk about the book a bit later.

message 19: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Well we can just see how it goes. I just ordered the first three online because I couldn't help myself. I got new bookshelves, they need to be filled! Maybe the schedule could be pushed back a bit seems as the fourth book is only fresh out?