What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Gentlehands
This topic is about Gentlehands
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Help! Need to find a book, re: boy finds uncle/Gfather is nazi veteran. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aeixx (new)

Aeixx | 2 comments I'm looking for info on a school curriculum novel I read in 1992, (grade 9, Oakville, ON, Canada).

The plot follows a boy(s) who visit their uncle/grandfather's summer cottage, possibly find out about love through a girl met (on the island?) Through a mystery solved, the uncle/grandfather turns out to be a Nazi veteran, hiding out all these years past the war; who escapes, leaving the boy(s) with a note to say goodbye.

I hope this is descriptive enough, I would really like to find this book. Thanks in advance for any help!

message 2: by Sallie (new)

Sallie (salliev) | 28 comments "Gentlehands" by ME Kerr

"Buddy Boyle lives year-round with his family in unfashionable Seaville, New York, in a cramped little house on the bay. Skye Pennington spends the summers nearby on lavish estate complete with ocean view and a butler named Peacock.But Skye and Buddy fall in love anyway. And every once in a while they visit Buddy's estranged grandfather, who makes them forget they're from opposite sides of town. Then a reporter appears, searching for a man known as Gentlehands, a man with a horrifying past. Who is Gentlehands? And what is his connection to Buddy's handsome, aristocratic grandfather? The mystery threatens to shatter Buddy and Skye's relationship, and change their lives forever."
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Aeixx (new)

Aeixx | 2 comments Thank you so very much, Sallie! I can't believe someone recognized it from my description. Very appreciative for your knowledge!