Tournament of Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 alt.TOB (#2) General > Call for judges, editors, moderators and alternates

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (asawatzky) | 1656 comments Since there has been so much interest, I'm putting out the call early for judges and other roles for alt.TOB... please use this thread to respond so we don't inundate uninterested parties.

Opening Round Judge (8)
7/15: Receive Book Assignment
8/19: Make and submit decision
9/2: Submit Decision Write-Up for edits
9/12: alt.TOB uses the decisions

Quarterfinal Round Judge (4)
7/15: Know 4-books in bracket
8/19: Receive Book Assignment/decision
9/2: Make and submit decision
9/9: QF decision write-ups due
9/22: alt.TOB uses the decisions

Semi-final Round Judge (2)
7/15: Know 8-books in bracket
9/2: Receive book assignments/decision
9/16: Make and submit decision
9/23: SF decision write-ups due
9/28: alt.TOB uses the decision

FINALS JUDGES
9/16: Final two books known
9/26: Decision and paragraph due
9/30: alt.TOB uses the decision

We also could use help with editors, moderators & alternates in case things come up. These dates will change slightly if we add zombie rounds.

message 2: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewlynn) | 416 comments I could be a judge for any round except the finals. If you need help elsewhere, let me know.

message 3: by Mainon (last edited Jun 21, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Mainon (bravenewbooks) | 91 comments Would love to judge for whatever round you need me for!

Edit: I'm also happy to edit for any round in which I'm not a judge, and I do have extensive copyediting experience.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (hlynhart) | 306 comments I would like to judge in any round I am needed. I was a semi-final judge in the last alt-TOB, and would happily be a semi-final judge again, but would also like to "share the wealth", and will serve in the capacity you deem most helpful to the cause.

message 5: by Ester (new)

Ester (esterm) | 3 comments I would also love to be a judge for any round.

message 6: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (bookworminct) | 7 comments I am happy to take part any way needed.

message 7: by Sara G (new)

Sara G I could be a judge except in the initial round. I can also edit.

message 8: by Kristin-Leigh (new)

Kristin-Leigh (okrysmastree) | 58 comments This is my first year in this group so I'm hesitant to jump into the foreground, but I'd be happy to help edit or sit as an alternate judge (or a judge-judge if you find you're hurting for signups, but I don't think you will be!).

message 9: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 27 comments I had fun in the last tournament; I'd be happy to judge/edit or alternate. :)

message 10: by lark (new)

lark benobi (larkbenobi) | 108 comments I'd like to be a finals judge!

message 11: by Dianne (last edited Jun 21, 2016 07:27AM) (new)

Dianne | 13 comments I'm happy to take any role, especially moderator and/or judge. thanks!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Tittle | 49 comments I am an interested party!

message 13: by Ellen (last edited Jun 20, 2016 05:57AM) (new)

Ellen H | 748 comments I would like to be a judge, but once again I'm afraid my schedule will get in the way. I will probably be away the week of August 20th-27th and then for most of October, which means that the last two weeks of September will very much be taken up with getting ready for that (going on the Hurtigruten ferries up the coast of Norway to the Arctic Circle!!!). I think this year I'll have to sit back and just read as many of the books as possible. Can't wait for the longlist.

message 14: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Morgan | 3 comments I'd love to judge or help out in any other way!

nomadreader (Carrie D-L) (nomadreader) | 68 comments I am happy to be a first-round judge or a finals judge. I was a first round judge last time, so if there are others who didn't have that chance who want to judge, please use them first!

message 16: by Caroline (new)

Caroline   | 150 comments oops didn't see the referral to this thread. I'm interested in judging any round. filling in etc!

message 17: by Avanders (new)

Avanders | 3 comments Hello I'm new and happy to help :) I'd be happy to be a judge, an alternate, or an editor.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 21, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

I would be happy to help in any role. I would be equally happy to enjoy the tournament as a reader and bleacher warmer.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie O'Keefe | 12 comments I loved being a last round judge last time, but I'll take any judgeship you need.

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Greene (dakimel) | 236 comments I would also enjoy judging any round, if you still need names!

Looking forward to this either way.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (bazilli) | 7 comments I'm here to say that a) I would love to be a judge and b) you should 100% choose Mainon as a judge because she's the best.

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen (bookandcat) | 7 comments I'd be interested in being a judge if you still need judges! I'm new to this alt.tob but am very familiar with the regular TOB. Let me know!

message 23: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (pikakejazz) Such an exciting idea for a group! I would love to judge. Any book, any round. :)

Not sure since I am new, but are there going to be multiple groups of judges? It looks like there are a lot of people interested in judging!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.