Addicted to YA discussion

Surveys and Quizzes > What YA book series should I read??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Hi, I enjoy reading dystopian YA books and I am currently trying to find a new book to read. So, if any of you have any suggestions please tell me, thank youuuuu.

message 2: by Jade (new)

Jade (holabooks) | 36 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hi, I enjoy reading dystopian YA books and I am currently trying to find a new book to read. So, if any of you have any suggestions please tell me, thank youuuuu."
The Fifth Wave trilogy is a good one to read ! :)

message 3: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 328 comments Would the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi qualify as dystopian? Have a look and see what you think. Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi

message 4: by Aastha (new)

Aastha | 146 comments The Blood of Eden trilogy by Julie Kagawa is an awesome trilogy to read. According to what you've written, we share a pretty similar taste in books. And if that's true, I guarantee that you are going to totally enjoy this series. Hope I helped!

message 5: by Emilyyy (new)

Emilyyy Aastha wrote: "The Blood of Eden trilogy by Julie Kagawa is an awesome trilogy to read. According to what you've written, we share a pretty similar taste in books. And if that's true, I guarantee that you are goi..."

really want to read this series!!!

message 6: by Stephanie -BooksLessTravelled (last edited Jun 14, 2016 06:46PM) (new)

Stephanie -BooksLessTravelled (bookslesstravelled) Black Bead Book One of the Black Bead Chronicles by J D Lakey

I just read this and loved it! Highly recommend it.

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 201 comments A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas I know a lot of people have already read this but omg! If you haven't it's a must

message 8: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 201 comments The uglies series is really good also so!

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Jade

Hello! Thank you for the suggestion!

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Lynne

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I've heard a lot about it so I am going to try to read it soon. Thanks

message 11: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Aastha

Hi, I can't wait to read the book! Thank you for the suggestion!!

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Shadow

Hello, thank you for the recommendation. I'll definitely add it to the list of books I want to read. Thanks

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Ashleigh
Hi, thanks a lot for the recommendation. I've been wanting to read the The Court Of Thorns & Roses for so long and am probably gonna read it soon. I also have read the first few book of the Uglies series but thanks for the suggestion!!

message 14: by Ryleigh (new)

Ryleigh | 2 comments Hey y'all. I just read the book Sweet. It's really good, but very creepy. It is a YA book, and follows your category. It's by Emmy Laybourne. You should check it out!!

message 15: by Aubree (new)

Aubree Cheek | 8 comments RED QUEEN SERIES

message 17: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 70 comments I agree with Red Queen! Also check out The Selection if you haven't yet.

message 18: by Eve (new)

Eve Campbell Oh yeah red queen is great

message 19: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 700 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hi, I enjoy reading dystopian YA books and I am currently trying to find a new book to read. So, if any of you have any suggestions please tell me, thank youuuuu."

Hi! :) I have a YA Dystopian novel coming out in December. I am currently looking for people to read and review the book before the release date if you're interested in that.

The book is called Gold Shadow
Gold Shadow (Bronze Rebellion, #1) by L.C. Perry

message 20: by Dani (new)

Dani Shembesh (wisteriaful) | 6 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hi, I enjoy reading dystopian YA books and I am currently trying to find a new book to read. So, if any of you have any suggestions please tell me, thank youuuuu."

I'm not caught up with it but I remember really liking Earth Girl by Janet Edwards! And if you haven't read it, The Shatter Me series is fantastic!

message 21: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas or/and The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken or/and The Grisha Trilogy (The Grisha #1-3) by Leigh Bardugo

message 22: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Furness | 2 comments I have a dystopian book out, you can find it here...
www.goodreads.com/book/show/36396559-...

message 23: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 35 comments Would love if you checked out my novel The Passing Cadence Cavanaugh

message 24: by R.R. (new)

R.R. Adams | 212 comments If you want a lighter read for dystopian: Matched
It's an interesting dystopian story!

message 25: by Janine (new)

Janine | 152 comments I will recommend The Numbers Series (starting with Evalene's Number: The Number Series) and The Color Alchemist: The Complete Series (though I think it has a rough start, I enjoyed it by the end). If you're looking for something that's a little bit less dystopian, but has a Sci-Fi Suspense/Thriller type of mood, check out Project Renovatio: The Complete Trilogy.

message 27: by ☆Siddhika (new)

☆Siddhika Jha☆ (siddhikajha) | 268 comments I'll recommend Shatter me and Love me Never and The selction and Vampire academy and Hex hall.They are really cool books and I love them.

message 28: by Maria (new)

Maria | 382 comments Shatter Me as mentioned is very good!!! Also Ruined, the Testing series, the Uglies series (one of my favorites), Legend series. Dystopian is my favorite genre 😊

message 29: by Kajal (new)

Kajal | 73 comments Amber in the Ashes

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

The Maze Runner, Legend, The Hunger Games, The Lunar Chronicles, Divergent and One of Us is Lying are all really good!

message 31: by Sridevi Shankar (new)

Sridevi Shankar (sristarglory991) | 7 comments The Everless duology by Sara Holland is very interesting. I enjoyed reading it.

message 32: by ♥ Morgan (new)

♥ Morgan | 6 comments The Folk of the Air trilogy

message 33: by J (new)

J Ferrars | 6 comments read A Curse So Dark And Lonely series by Brigid Kemmerer
it’s great!

message 34: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 618 comments I do not know do you like manga/comics, but Neon genesis evangelion is pretty good, in my opinion! I am not even sure if it is dystopian, but i still recommend!

message 35: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 9 comments I really liked Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realm :)

message 36: by Random Pineapple (new)

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) Throne of Glass. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab.

message 37: by OldBird (new)

OldBird I can recc an indie series or two:

- Post magical eco-disaster/magic academy that had me thinking of Trudi Canavan's Black Magician series, only more YA:
Academy of Falling Kingdoms Box Set: The Complete Epic Fantasy Adventure Series
(There were quite a few typos and many, many commas, but I really enjoyed the story)

- Sci-fi post apocalyptic future where society either lives inside a safe domed city or outside in feral gangs. A bit Divergent, only more logical:
New World Series

Or trad published:

- Superheroes gone bad - not very mainstream YAish, but probably still suitable:
Steelheart

- Authoritarian dystopian future UK where people with special mutations can hack computer systems and are being hunted down because of it:
Hex
(Kind of old-school now, but I liked it)

message 38: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) I totally recommend The Hunger Games! Great YA Dystopian Fantasy! They are my absolute favorite! Also the Divergent series!

message 39: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 93 comments If you're looking for a series, the Books of Pellinor are outstanding. They're not dystopian, though. Divergent is a good dystopia, but the quality of the books decreases as you progress.

message 40: by Alma (new)

Alma | 8 comments Sofia wrote: "If you're looking for a series, the Books of Pellinor are outstanding. They're not dystopian, though. Divergent is a good dystopia, but the quality of the books decreases as you progress."
Yes, I totally agree. The first Divergent book is really good and then by Allegiant you're just reading to finish the series and see how it ends.

message 41: by SuperheroLover (new)

SuperheroLover Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1) by Aimee Carter The Pawn series!

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer The Lunar Chronicles!!

Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu The Legend series is good.

The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid The Diabolic series is great!

message 42: by Pearl (new)

Pearl (crazymuffins27) | 84 comments The Poison Study series!!! I fell in love with Valek! The context is so original! You won’t regret!

message 43: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn | 10 comments Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E Harrow.

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Elizabeth (ashleyyelizabeth) | 1 comments burn for burn by jenny han

message 45: by Sophia🥀 (new)

Sophia🥀 | 67 comments Valiant Series by Lesley Livingston

message 46: by AngsBooks (new)

AngsBooks | 295 comments Legend series by Marie Lu

message 47: by julia (new)

julia (no_mourners_no_funerals) | 126 comments you might like Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! The 5th Wave is a very good dystopian trilogy, and The Folk of the Air is great, but not as dystopian-y :)

message 48: by Fall (new)

Fall T | 255 comments Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare

message 49: by Jayce (new)

Jayce Hindal | 10 comments The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard is great

message 50: by Vampire-lk (new)

Vampire-lk | 27 comments The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon— Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim—Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo —Crave the Mark by Veronica Roth—FirstLife by Gena Showalter—-Empire of Dreams by Rea Carson —-Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard....soooo many good ones, but these are my top favs!!!!! 🎉🤩😍

« previous 1