Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > All Myth Teams Chatter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:44PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30795 comments Mod
Green Dragons Burning Firebirds
Swimming Mermalions Woodcutter Werewolves

Chat with your fellow Mythological Teams here!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Green Dragons checking in.... :)

message 4: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Firebirds. Here. Check. Ready.

♎ Nereta♎  (littlecleo) | 169 comments Woodcutter Werewolves check in :)

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Hello, Mythological Teams! I'm one of the Co-Captains for Team Burning Firebirds. :-) I hope the rest of you are having as much fun in the days leading up to the W.O.B.B.L.E. kickoff as we are! :-)

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyland) | 387 comments Hey other Mythological teams! Excited to participate in WOBBLE with all of you :D Only one week now!

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Hey everybody! I'm one of the captains of Green Dragons. I see a lot of new faces, and many I've seen before :). I'm excited to get to know all of you during this challenge.

All of the myth team captains are working on a little pre-WOBBLE getting to know you fun, so look out for that soon!

In the mean time, let us know what you're currently reading, just finished or getting ready to read!

I'm currently reading Thornbear (Champions of the Dawning Dragons, #1) by Michael G. Manning

It's a reread for me, but I noticed that book 2 recently came out, and I remembered I enjoyed book 1 but couldn't really remember that much else.....so reread lol!

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments Hello fellow mythological creatures of beauty and wonder! Loving getting to know everyone and super excited to get started on the challenges properly! :D

message 10: by ♎ Nereta♎ (new)

♎ Nereta♎  (littlecleo) | 169 comments Hi, I am co-captain from team woodcutter werewolves. Nice to meet you all. I am currently reading Scaredy Dog: Understanding and Rehabilitating Your Reactive Dog. And I like it a lot, because its about dogs training and I am dog lover.

message 11: by CrazyCat (Alex) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments Hi all mythological teams I'm Alex and I'm a proud Green Dragon waiting to finally get started with this challenge. I'm starting to get a little nervous now that it's just one week until we get started.

I just finished Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes and my emotions are all over the place. Now I want to read Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2) by Morgan Rhodes but I have two books waiting to be read for a review. What to do? That's a problem only other bookworms can understand. :D

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 206 comments Hi everyone. I'm Denise from Green Dragons. Currently I'm reading Perfect Pitch. I'm working on other group challenges, so I'll be hoping that some books overlap, but otherwise, I'll be busy reading.

message 13: by Nancy (last edited Jun 10, 2016 06:19AM) (new)

Nancy (nancyland) | 387 comments Alex! I love your profile photo, I used to watch recess all the time! (I'm pretty sure that's Gretchen?)

It's the worst when you just want to jump right into the next book in a series, but something is in your way!

Denies How are you doing more than one group challenge :O That's impressive, I would be overwhelmed!

message 14: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Great question, Shannon! I'm currently rereading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster for a challenge task for my Around the World team. And next up, I plan to finally tackle Outlander (*gulp*) by Diana Gabaldon for our BOM discussion this month. :-)

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments ♎ Nereta♎ wrote: "Hi, I am co-captain from team woodcutter werewolves. Nice to meet you all. I am currently reading Scaredy Dog: Understanding and Rehabilitating Your Reactive Dog. And I like it a lot..."

Hey Nereta! Nice choice of book, to say I am a dog lover is an understatement, my whole life revolves around dogs haha. I work with dogs at a rescue shelter, I run a blog about dogs and I am currently applying for funding to start a PhD in dog behaviour and welfare. Do you have a dog yourself? What kind?

message 16: by Megan (last edited Jun 10, 2016 06:26AM) (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments I am currently reading Guards! Guards! in the day time to celebrate being on team Green Dragons and reading Hauntings after dark to try and give myself a good scare >:)

message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 206 comments Several people on wobble are playing in the same group challenge. It's doable. The other one is very flexible about what we can read.

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments Jen wrote: "Great question, Shannon! I'm currently rereading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster for a challenge task for my Around the World team. And next up, I plan to finally tac..."

Jen are you going to be doing both WOBBLE and Around the World at the same time?! That's some dedication!

message 19: by Nancy (last edited Jun 10, 2016 06:30AM) (new)

Nancy (nancyland) | 387 comments Jen wrote: "And next up, I plan to finally tackle Outlander (*gulp*) by Diana Gabaldon for our BOM discussion this month. :-)"

Ohhhhh I wanted to read Outlander for this BOM (I do the NRPG here, and really need more series books for my Magic Staff!) but I just couldn't get into it... sigh. I wish you better luck!

Denise wrote: "Several people on wobble are playing in the same group challenge. It's doable. The other one is very flexible about what we can read. "

Flexible is good! Sounds like WOBBLE will be a bit more strict. Hopefully your other challenge is going well :)

message 20: by ♎ Nereta♎ (last edited Jun 10, 2016 06:36AM) (new)

♎ Nereta♎  (littlecleo) | 169 comments Megan wrote: "♎ Nereta♎ wrote: "Hi, I am co-captain from team woodcutter werewolves. Nice to meet you all. I am currently reading Scaredy Dog: Understanding and Rehabilitating Your Reactive Dog. A..."

I have two labrador retrievers. Their names are Tina and Cleo. Cleo is chocolate lab and Tina is black. Also I love to go to dog shows. Last weekend I participated with australian shepherd whose name is Lekse. I had so much fun. Could I please get link to your blog? What dog do you have?

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Megan wrote: "Jen are you going to be doing both WOBBLE and Around the World at the same time?! That's some dedication!"

Yep, I am! We're in First Class now, so I don't want to leave my team in the lurch. Plus, it's fun and I have a great team. :-) I figure that at most I'll be required to read two books a week, and since I usually can average three or more, it should be totally doable.

And I'm interested in getting the link to your blog about dogs, too, please. :-)

message 22: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katkattrinn) | 329 comments Hey Myth Teams! My name is Katrina. Yesterday I finished Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks and it was really interesting. I had listened audio and for the first time I heard not only someone reading this book to me, but also background (For example traffic.).

Soon I will start reading Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1) by Tessa Adams . I really hope that this book will be as interesting as G.A. Aiken Dragon Kin series.

message 23: by CrazyCat (Alex) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments Nancy wrote: "Alex! I love your profile photo, I used to watch recess all the time! (I'm pretty sure that's Gretchen?)

It's the worst when you just want to jump right into the next book in a series, but somethi..."

Yes it's Gretchen from recess. She describes me perfectly so it wasn't a hard choice to use this picture.

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments ♎ Nereta♎ wrote: "I have two labrador retrievers. Their names are Tina and Cleo. Cleo is chocolate lab and Tina is black. Also I love to go to dog shows..."

Awh they sound lovely! Oh that sounds like a lot of fun, I've actually only ever taken part in fun charity dog shows and a couple of shows in Finland weirdly enough haha. I actually don't have a dog of my own at the moment which I'm very sad about. I am currently living in a rented apartment which doesn't allow dogs and am working full time so don't have the time to commit to one. I am hoping this will change soon though and as soon as it does I will rescue one!

Jen wrote: "Yep, I am! We're in First Class now, so I don't want to leave my team in the lurch. Plus, it's fun and I have a great team. :-)"

Oh nice! I have to admit the Round the World challenge does look really fun and I think I will probably hitch a ride on a team at some point in the future - probably after WOBBLE though ;)

For you both, my blog is www.theblogofdogs.com
It hasn't been running very long so is very much still a work in progress!

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Thanks, Megan! I'm on the way to follow your Blog of Dogs . . . and I love that name! :-)

message 26: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Hello Fellow Myth Teammates. I'm from Team Burning Firebirds. It's so great to see you all here!

message 27: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Hmmm... I see that Swimming Mermalions have not yet greeted other Myth teams (it could be probably because we can't be out of water for a long time...), so hello-hello everyone!

I like that all of the myth team captains are working on a little pre-WOBBLE, looking forward for it!

message 28: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 1736 comments CrazyCat wrote: "Hi all mythological teams I'm Alex and I'm a proud Green Dragon waiting to finally get started with this challenge. I'm starting to get a little nervous now that it's just one week until we get sta..."

Oh! I've heard good things about Falling Kingdom. It is that good?

message 29: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 321 comments Elinaly wrote: "Hmmm... I see that Swimming Mermalions have not yet greeted other Myth teams (it could be probably because we can't be out of water for a long time...), so hello-hello everyone!

I like that all of..."

We were just waiting to make an entrance. :p

Hi to all Myth teams! :)

message 30: by CrazyCat (Alex) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments Juliana wrote: "CrazyCat wrote: "Hi all mythological teams I'm Alex and I'm a proud Green Dragon waiting to finally get started with this challenge. I'm starting to get a little nervous now that it's just one week..."

It is THAT good. I was so frustrated and sad and angry. But I love a book that can do things like this. Get you drawn in totally into the story. I can really recommend it.

message 31: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 1736 comments RachelvlehcaR wrote: "Firebirds. Here. Check. Ready."

Hi Rachel!!! Nice to see you in the Myth Team. :)

message 32: by Juliana (last edited Jun 10, 2016 04:29PM) (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 1736 comments So, now I have more time to properly introduce myself.
Hello all mythological teams!!! Excited to start the challenge and happy to be on myth side. Mythological animals are so interesting.

I'm Juliana from team Swimming Mermalions.
I'm currently reading House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds , it's pretty good so far, although I didn't have much free time to read it these last couple of days. Hoping to almost finish it before the challenge begins.

message 33: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 1736 comments Great CrazyCat! Entering my TBR right now. ;)

message 34: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Hey Julianna! Great to see you here! I've missed you so much! Yup, I'm the captain of the Burning Firebirds.

I'm really happy to be in the Mythical side of this challenge. Isn't it awesome. It's honestly epic! We are going to rock this! :)

message 35: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments The cool thing about these challenges is the TBR list gets longer and longer with all these books others are reading. It just sounds so good, you just have to add it.

message 36: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyland) | 387 comments RachelvlehcaR wrote: "The cool thing about these challenges is the TBR list gets longer and longer with all these books others are reading. It just sounds so good, you just have to add it."

It also gets me to read some of my TBR, as that's the first place I look for qualifying books. I'm a big fan of these challenges too :)

message 37: by CrazyCat (Alex) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments Juliana wrote: "Great CrazyCat! Entering my TBR right now. ;)"

Let me know what you think of it. @Juliana

message 38: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Nancy, I'm going to be using a lot of my NetGalley books. I'm so behind on them. It's sad. Really sad. I need to read something like 80 books. LOL

message 39: by Elsbeth (last edited Jun 11, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 328 comments Hi everyone! Another Green Dragon here ;)
I'm hoping to finish several books I got going, before Wobble starts...
Die Gewürzhändlerin (Kreuz-Trilogie, #2) by Petra Schier &
Wanna Get Lucky? (Lucky O'Toole, #1) by Deborah Coonts and Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert ...
So I better quit chatting and get on with my reading! :D

message 40: by CrazyCat (Alex) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments RachelvlehcaR wrote: "Nancy, I'm going to be using a lot of my NetGalley books. I'm so behind on them. It's sad. Really sad. I need to read something like 80 books. LOL"

80 books? Wow. That are a lot of books sitting on your NetGalley shelf. Hopefully you can use many of them for this challenge. @ RachelvlehcaR

message 41: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Armi, that doesn't even touch the amount of my books in my kindle and physical books I need to tackle.

CrazyCat, Yes, it's too many! I was thinking perhaps I can get through some of them this way. Let's just say I never have to buy a book to read for a reading task. ;)

message 42: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gembear) | 276 comments Hi all, I'm Gemma from Swimming Mermalions. Cannot wait for WOBBLE to start :)

Currently reading Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2) by Stephen King and The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Trying to get finished before Wednesday!

message 43: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 779 comments Howdy from Firebirds.

I'm looking forward to my first team challenge. :)

message 44: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Hi all, I just thought I'd pop in to share that W.O.B.B.L.E. has officially begun and we can read! You know, in case you hadn't heard, yet. ;-)

Have fun, all, and Happy Reading! :-)

message 45: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

The Olympic Games have been released!!

Event 1 : Title Relay
Event 2 : Page Jumping
Event 3 : Book in to the Distance
Event 4 : Fight Club
Event 5 : Create a Chariot

General Olympic Rules

**NO books may be STARTED for Olympics until July 2nd, 11am LONDON time**

message 46: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments Omg Wobble Olympics looks so much fun, can't wait for it to start :D

message 47: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 02, 2016 06:58AM) (new)

Books for Events 2, 3, 4 & 5 may not be STARTED until Event 1: Heat 1 is COMPLETED!!

Books for Event 1: Heat 2 may be STARTED with Event 1: Heat 1 but no other books for any other Events may be STARTED until after E1:H1 is COMPLETE!!!

message 48: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) Hi everyone, I'm Lusie from team Swimming Mermalions.

message 49: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Waves to Lusie!

message 50: by RachelvlehcaR (last edited Jul 05, 2016 04:10PM) (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments Myth Buddies

Attention All Myth Teams!

Reading challenges are an exciting time to get to know new people with the same interest in common. It's a time to see all the different books others are reading and getting recommendations to expand your TBR list. We'd like to share this time for expanding from our teams to reach out to our brother/sister Myth Teams.

Team captains of the Myth Teams have come together to give this unique opportunity for us to all connect. This is going to be a rotating mini challenge and we have divided our teams to spend a week visiting an assigned Myth Team for a week(s) of cheering and showing our Myth pride!

This is an optional mini challenge and you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

Listed below are team roles. You may select any of these or one role per person. It's up to you!

Roles:
Author Quotes Cheer: Look up an author quote and spread that cheer
Book Title Cheer: Find a Book Title and use it in a way to spread that cheer
Motivational Cheer: Find a motivational quote, line, or saying to spread that cheer
Event Cheer: Cheer the group with an event they are working on
Myth Themed: Find a Myth themed cheer by posting images, gifs, or meme

Spread that Myth Teams Cheer!

« previous 1