PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [Copy Cat Challenge] > July 2016 Copy Cat Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Duration: 1-31 July 2016
Partners will be assigned on the same day

Guidelines:
- In this challenge, participants are required to sign up first.
- The participants will later be paired up randomly
- You will find who your partner is below, once the pairings are posted
- Participants need to CHOOSE & READ at least one book that your partner has read (from their read shelves)
- When you finish, compare the rating your partner has given to the book and your rating.
- You complete the challenge when you finish reading the book. You will get one "complete" towards earning a prize!

Please post below if you are interested.

Please DO NOT sign up unless you are certain that you can participate.

message 2: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 32 comments Im in :)

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Tallulah, you're all set!

message 4: by Chandra (new)

Chandra I'm in

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Okay Chandra! You're all set

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments Ok, let's go!

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Okay Emma you're good to go !

message 8: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammyjojames) Me, Me, Me :)

message 9: by Iulia (new)

Iulia | 30 comments I'm in!

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (lethargicpoison) | 32 comments I would love to participate!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to participate in this!

message 12: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Awesome all you guys are set!!

message 13: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraax) | 11 comments I'd love to join!

message 14: by Lenka (new)

Lenka Koudelková | 4 comments Count me in! :) :)

message 15: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Tara wrote: "I'd love to join!"

Awesome Tara, you are good to go!

message 16: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Lenka wrote: "Count me in! :) :)"

Lenka, you're all set (:

message 17: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Don't forget to sign up here to participate (:

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to participate!

message 19: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Ellen wrote: "I would love to participate!"

Yay! Ellen you are all set (:

message 20: by Nataly (new)

Nataly Trofimova | 6 comments I will totally join!:)

message 21: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) | 23 comments I will do it again this month as well

message 22: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Nataly wrote: "I will totally join!:)"

Yay!

message 23: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Little Bee wrote: "I will do it again this month as well"

Yahoo you're all set

message 24: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Sign Ups for this are ending soon! Please sign up here before the end of the month so I can complete the pairings!

message 25: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments me please!

message 26: by Ariel (new)

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 19 comments I'd love to join, please!

message 27: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Mion wrote: "me please!"

you're all set!

message 28: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Ariel wrote: "I'd love to join, please!"

good to go!

message 29: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments I'm going to be posting the pairings super soon so please continue to sign up on this thread so you don't miss out on the CCC for July!

message 30: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Here are this months pairings:

Tallulah & Mion
Chandra & Lenka
Emma (from Venezuela) & Ellen
Sammy & Ariel
Iulia & Nataly
Megan & Little Bee
Emma (from the UK) & Tara

I've just distinguished the two Emma's from one another based on location!

Happy reading!

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments Emma from Venezuela here! So, my partner is Ellen and I'll read Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Ellen gave it four stars.

message 32: by Iulia (last edited Jul 05, 2016 11:35PM) (new)

Iulia | 30 comments I looked at Nataly's shelf and I chose to read The Color Purple.
Nataly rated it 5 stars
My rating: 5 stars

Since my partner, Nataly, is going to read two books from my "read" shelf, I decided I'll do the same.

So the second book that I chose to read from her "read" shelf is It's Kind of a Funny Story
Nataly rated it 5 stars
My rating: TBD

message 33: by Nataly (new)

Nataly Trofimova | 6 comments My reading partner is Iulia. I'm going to read two books from her "read"-shelf: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley.

message 34: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraax) | 11 comments My partner is Emma (UK) and i'm going to finally be reading the first Harry Potter book! and hopefully the second aswell :)

message 35: by Megan (new)

Megan (lethargicpoison) | 32 comments My reading partner is Little Bee, and I am going to be reading Cinder! Looking forward to it.

message 36: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 32 comments My partner is Mion and I will be reading The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Mion's rating: 3 Stars
My rating: TBD

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

My partner is Tara and I'm going to be reading the 5th wave.

message 38: by Nataly (new)

Nataly Trofimova | 6 comments Iulia wrote: "I looked at Nataly's shelf and I chose to read The Color Purple.
Nataly rated it 5 stars

Since my partner, Nataly, is going to read two books from my "read" shelf, ..."

Hello Iulia!
You've finished Color Purple so fast! What do you think about this book?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

My partner is Emma (from Venezuela). I will be reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell that she rated as 3 stars!

message 40: by Nataly (new)

Nataly Trofimova | 6 comments So, I've read Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Iulia rated it with 4 stars and I give it 5 stars.
The main reason - all those boys and girls make me remember what it's like to be a teenager. I think that once in a while each grownup should let out his or her inner teenager, do some reckless things without having any regrets.

message 41: by Tiina (last edited Jul 12, 2016 05:30AM) (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments My partner was Tallulah and I chose to read Gayle Forman's If I Stay

Tallulah gave it 5 stars, I give 3.

More of my thoughts can be found here: https://suicidemachines.wordpress.com...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone. I love this challenge. I was introduce to a new author and really a wonderful book. Emma gave Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3 STARS. I personally loved this book. It was a decent pace. The characters were very relatable. I loved that the lead Cath was insecure at the start and still at the end. She grew and started to become more secure but it was at a NORMAL/REALLIFE pace. Not BOOM I am so confident over night stuff.
Anyways I gave this book 4 STARS. It would have been 5 if there was more to the ending. The ending was good but it wasn't enough.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments Ellen wrote: "Hey everyone. I love this challenge. I was introduce to a new author and really a wonderful book. Emma gave Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3 STARS. I personally loved this book. It was a decent pace...."

You know, I was going to give it four stars, too, but I just kept thinking about Harry Potter over and over again while reading it, and I do like HP. =(

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Emma wrote: "Ellen wrote: "Hey everyone. I love this challenge. I was introduce to a new author and really a wonderful book. Emma gave Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3 STARS. I personally loved this book. It was ..."

Good point. Did you ever read some of HP fanfics? Some of it was crazy while J.K Rowling was still writing her books.
Now I am making myself feel old hahaha.

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments Ellen wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ellen wrote: "Hey everyone. I love this challenge. I was introduce to a new author and really a wonderful book. Emma gave Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3 STARS. I personally loved this ..."

Nope, I haven't; for some reason they are not quite appealing to me. I did read some Daria (the MTV show) fanfics years ago just out of curiosity, but that's pretty much it, I'm afraid.

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments Ok, I've just finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth Ellen gave it fours stars and I gave it three. It was interesting to read Tris' inner struggle as a Divergent and how it affected the way she interacted with other people while being so harsh on herself.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Emma wrote: "Ok, I've just finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth Ellen gave it fours stars and I gave it three. It was interesting to read Tris' inner struggle as a Divergent an..."

I've thought about re-rating this book....many books really. Do you ever re-read a book and ask yourself why did I give it this rating. If I re-rated it it would also be a 3 STAR. I won't just for the fact at the time I thought it a 4 STAR.

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments Ellen wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ok, I've just finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth Ellen gave it fours stars and I gave it three. It was interesting to read Tris' inner struggle as a..."

Absolutely! Rating a book is not an easy task and it depends on so many things. Re-reading can be a bag full of surprises.

message 49: by Iulia (new)

Iulia | 30 comments Nataly wrote: "Iulia wrote: "I looked at Nataly's shelf and I chose to read The Color Purple.
Nataly rated it 5 stars

Since my partner, Nataly, is going to read two books from my ..."

Hi, Nataly!

Yeah, I finished the book really fast because I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Color Purple covers a lot of issues, yet it does so in a complete way. What I mean is that many writers try to talk about as many topics as they can in one single book to make it more detailed and more interesting, BUT they barely follow through with one subject and what you get is a book which leaves you with lots of questions and a feeling of incompleteness. However, Alice Walker knows how to write a book. She knows how to put the pieces together to make a masterpiece.

What I liked most is how the main characters forgave each other throughout the book, despite the great pain and humiliation they had to suffer.

Good reading!

message 50: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 32 comments I chose The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank from Mion's shelf
Mion's rating - 3 stars
My rating - 4 stars
I haven't actually completed the book yet but I have been reading it in a similar way to how she wrote it. I found that when I started I couldn't read entry after entry, I had to leave moments in between them (depending on how large they were) so I have given a rating to what I have read so far as I'm not sure I will finish it in this month.
It has definitely been a gorgeous read though and I would recommend to many other readers.

« previous 1