What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Merlin Retelling YA or MG. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leandra (new)

Leandra (grooven) | 2 comments I read the book, I believe more than 6 years ago. It was aimed at YA or MG. I think it was an older series not anything new from what I recall. I'm sure this was a series and not a stand alone.

I just remember it was a retelling of the Arthur legend with focus on Merlin (Not sure is he was reborn, reincarnated or turned into a teen/boy). I don't remember any names sadly. I just remember is may have been a dystopian because plastic was rare/expensive. I believe it was the female love interest of Merlin who received a plastic lunch box as a gift.

Sadly I remember nothing else. I think I remember the cave and him either again aging back or something.

Sorry for being vague, but I don't remember much.

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Sounds interesting :) I hope you find it I really want to read it.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Winter of Magic's Return for a suggestion. This is the first book in a 2 part series, and it could be the second one.

message 4: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments I'd second that series; I definitely remember that plastic was valuable because it was from the "old" (pre-disaster) days.

Jane Yolen also has The Young Merlin Trilogy but I think it is set in the Middle Ages.

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam (psteinke) | 2 comments My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32261 comments Mod
My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis for Pam's suggestion.

message 7: by Holly (last edited Jun 08, 2016 10:07PM) (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Merlin's Mirror by Andre Norton?

You can also take a look at this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 8: by Electric (new)

Electric Bubbles (electricbubbles) | 57 comments The Lost Years (The Lost Years of Merlin, #1) by T.A. Barron This was one of my favorite series when I was younger. It's just the story of Merlin as a boy. It is geared toward teens. There wasn't plastic, that I remember, but he does visit a crystal cave in one of the books, and he also meets his grown self in a mirror and then comes back from the mirror.

message 9: by Elias (new)

Elias (iamnotthrowingawaymyshot) | 78 comments It's Tomorrow's Magic by Pamela Service. Definitely.

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32261 comments Mod
Tomorrow's Magic by Pamela F. Service for Elias' suggestion.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Leandra??? Please us know if any of these is your book, especially Tomorrow's Magic.

message 12: by Leandra (last edited Aug 19, 2016 11:17PM) (new)

Leandra (grooven) | 2 comments OMG yes, Tomorrow's Magic, this is the series!!! Thank you :D