Start by marking “My Boyfriend Merlin (My Merlin, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Boyfriend Merlin (My Merlin, #1)

My Boyfriend Merlin

(My Merlin Trilogy #1)

When the Sword in the Stone falls in the middle of London and Merlin goes to high school to recruit the next King Arthur, everything changes for Ryan DuLac...
Read the bestselling genderbent trilogy. For fans of quests, swords, schools of magic, and awkward crushes.

17 year-old Boston high schooler, Ryan DuLac just found out the guy she's been crushing on, hot biker Matt, is
Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 305 pages
Published October 1st 2019 by Vulcan Ink (first published November 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Boyfriend Merlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Boyfriend Merlin

Start your review of My Boyfriend Merlin (My Merlin, #1)
Kristen Marie
Dec 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who want to clean their tear ducts out because of horrible writing
-sigh- I really wanted to like this book, really I did. But I just couldn't. Honestly, after the first couple of chapters, it was painful to finish...but I made an oath to myself to finish all my books...so I did it.

Let's see....where to start? Okay...Ryan. Ryan, ryan, ryan. I don't like you. You're whiny, think your poop don't stink, and finicky.

Next....Vane....actually, I HATE you. I don't like your attitude. I don't like your personality, and I don't think you and the main character should
Anni
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
!!Contains slight spoilers!!

Well this is difficult to rate.. I liked the idea and the story. But the writing was a bit - how do I put this best? - chaotic maybe. It started in the middle of the 2nd chapter when everything was happening and being revealed.. it was just so hectic and chaotic and I completely lost the overview of what was going on and I was surprised that the characters didn't feel the same way. "So there's magic and I'm kind of a part of this world? Okay, let's go to London!" That
Tiffany
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Based on the title adding this book is a little embarrassing actually. But I have to because I like to keep track of my reading progress here. Why would I even read anything that sounds so silly?
Well, first of all: ever since the BBC show "Merlin" I kind of have a thing for Merlin. I don't think of him as an old man in a pointy hat anymore, I think of him as an attractive, slightly nerdy young man that I would like to meet. Yes I'm a geek.

Second: I just felt like reading a silly fant
Ashley Chen
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! A book with Merlin! Merlin!! Okay, I definitely need to turn my fangirl mode down a little. And hey guess what the season five of the BBC series Merlin comes back today! Wooot! Okay, okay, the book, the book, right, right. So when I first heard of the book, I knew I must read it! I mean, MERRLLLINNNN! Magic? Arthurian? Gargoyles? Excalibur? Hell yes!

Yes, I wasn't sure of the modern setting but you know BBC has one of the most awesome classics-turned-modern show ever, Sherlock so
Heidi
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it

Three stars: An entertaining revamp of King Arthur.

Ryan remembers the exact moment when her life forever changed. What starts out as an ordinary day at school quickly turns into an uproar when the world is rocked by a tremor and a stone dropping from the sky. Inside the stone is a sword: the legendary sword of King Arthur. On the way home, Ryan and her friend Matt are attacked by a shadow dragon and her life is forever altered. Ryan finds out that Matt is Merlin the Wizard of Camelot. He is hun
Wesley Mccullough
While not well-versed in the tropes of the post-millennial YA renaissance, I do love me a plucky heroine, and PA makes it clear right in the pithy-perfect title that, oh yes, there will be pluck. And, as an added bonus, romance and magic--the other two legs of the stool that pretty much all transcendent storytelling has rested on since--well, since the days of Arthur.

Not to mention that PA herself manages to pluck (yes, that is while they call it plucky) such a timeworn tale from the depths of a
ѦѺ™
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
"He who draws the sword from the stone, he shall be king. Arthur, you're the one." - Merlin, from the 1981 film Excalibur

17-year old Arianna Morganna Brittany DuLac prefers to be called Ryan. yet the length of her name is the least of her worries. she gets thrust into a world of magic after a stone and sword mysteriously falls from the sky. Ryan also finds out that the guy she used to date is the wizard Merlin himself.
author Priya Pradis resurrects a fragment of the Arthurian mythos, gives it a
Alaiel Kreuz
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
**You can find more reviews in my blog, Librarian Mouse**

Seriously speaking people, aren't you tired of the constant books about vampires, werewolves, angels and demons? I mean, they are a HUGE constant right now. And I'm getting a little bit overwhelmed to be honest.
That's why, when I saw the chance (my chance!) to be part of this blog tour I knew I had to participate.

I mean, who hasn't heard the story about King Arthur and Merlin? Or about the roundtable? Or even watched that Disney movie that
Asia
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
That was a really great book. I'm actually surprised that I liked it that much. I always liked the stories about King Arthur, Merlin and the knights of the round table and this one was a nice retelling. Now, off to the next book.
Casie W
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Boyfriend Merlin is about a girl named Arriane Dulac but she goes by Ryan. Ryan lost her mom and and adopted sister to the gargoyles and her ex boyfriend is claiming to be Merlin. Ryan finds out that Matt is Merlin by his brother Vane who is also a wizard. Vane was describing Merlin to her then waited for it to sink in before he said a spell to make Matt look like and an old cartoon wizard. He had a pointy hat, dress robes, pointy shoes on, and a long white beard. It was confirmed for her whe ...more
Romancing the Book
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed By~Robin
Review Copy Provided By~Bewitching Blog Tours

Finally a story that brings Merlin into the 21st Century not only giving him a new adventure but also places him in a love triangle that is actually believable.

Merlin has that dangerous image that makes him irresistible. Then you throw in his equally good looking brother it leaves any normal girl with a dilemma of what to do. Oh to be in Arriane’s or Ryan to her friends, shoes.

Merlin better known as Matt Emrys is in search of someon
Karen
No matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to finish this book. It is honestly a painful read for me. I just can't get over all the painful cliches and drawn out plot line.

Now that I have finished My Boyfriend Merlin, I must admit that I'm shocked I gave it three stars. When I first started reading this novel, I struggled. I just couldn't get through it. The plot seemed predictable, and the number of grammatical mistakes was high; however, after finishing it, I am pleasantly surprised
Wanda Hartzenberg
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis is a delightful quick and entertaining read.
The story of a modern day Merlin riding a Ducati is one that is told in such a fashion that it almost seems to be logical and probable. The main protagonist is a real girl who' most will find they are able to relate to.
Merlin is still a young man and he is still the most powerful wizard in the world, but he is not all sweet and passive and I loved his character.
I think what I loved most about the book is the ease of
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read just about anything fiction, and I usually snap up most of the free books I find. It is very rare to find a free book so well written and easy to read that you come to the last page and just don't want it to end, and so you feel you simply must purchase the next novel to continue the story.

I was slightly leary of the Potter-esque plot description (orphan goes to wizard school), not because I dislike the idea, but because it has been overdone. I was blown away by how original the story rea
Joey Woolfardis
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ahaha haha. Ahhaaha. Hahaha. Ahaha.

Haha. Ahhahah.

I shouldn't laugh really. Or should I? How do people learn if you don't point out their mistakes? Let's go with, "Not written for me. Not my cup of tea."

My cup of tea is non-clichéd, elegant writing where the protagonist isn't obviously the author dressed in a different name. My cup of tea is good, solid writing where you take an exemplary myth and twist it to the modern day without making it totally unbelievable, uninteresting and unshite. My cup
Deborah
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-kath
I love a good Camelot interpretation. They never get old to me. There were a few moments that "toed the line" for me in terms of content. Not really bad by any means but I am just a baby.

I did however really like Ryan the heroine in this story. She was tough and I liked her stubbornness. I loved Matt and thought Vane was hilarious at times. I dislike love triangles especially when they deal with Brothers but we'll see how this one plays out in the end. I am curious.

I do not like blood and violen
Alison
Jun 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Loved the story, however, I wish there was more with some of the scenes. There seemed to be missing little parts of the story (like parts ended too soon). Also, this book really needs an editor. There were simple words missed; things like "a" and "the" for instance. Also, there were other problems that could be fixed with the help of editing.

Though the non-editing tripped me up at times and made me pause, I still got through the story and enjoyed it. That's why it gets 3 stars. I'm on to the se
Gretchen Hohmeyer
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reviewed, on-amazon
Now, I’m going to be honest. The blurb above is not the one I read originally when I decided to read My Boyfriend Merlin. This one isn’t better or worse, but the one I read seemed to encompass more of the things that were a big drive in this book. I originally wrote this review while staring at the other blurb with the different set of information, but trustme when I say nothing I’m going to outright discuss is that big of a surprise.

Okay, I’ll be frank–I didn’t come at this book with exceeding
Celina
Jul 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up
There is so much to say about this book. Originally, I was excited to read this book. The title did sound corny and usually I don’t read books like this, but I gave this a try. I love the idea of a modern day Arthurian legend story, and This book grabbed my attention because of my slight obsession with the BBC show Merlin. And I ended up being disappointed with this book. Honestly, I didn’t even finish the book.

I can definitely start off with the plot. I might get this wrong considering I stopp
Carrie Ardoin
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tour, magic, retelling
Ryan DuLac is a high school student with some problems: she and her boyfriend Matt have just called it quits, and since her mother's death, she's been living with a close friend of the family. But everything in her life is about to get way more complicated.

When Ryan loses her best friend in a freaky dragon attack, she learns that there's more to the world than meets the eye. Magic is real--and Matt is not really Matt. Ryan quickly gets on the track to becoming an unlikely hero.

This book was a re
JennRenee
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I was so excited to read this book. I love Merlin and anything to do with Merlin. I loved this book. It was hook, line and sinker from the first page, the excitement started right away. The book was full on mystery, action, and romance.

It is present day and Ryan is in school when the tremor hits. It’s all over the news. A stone with a sword has fallen from the sky and landed in England. This was the last moment that Ryan’s life would ever be normal. She finds out that the myth of King Arthur, mo
Michelle
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. There is a good mixture of history/myth, magic, and hardships- so there is always something going on. I liked that. It was never too much, the plot worked really well and it incorporated many different elements.

Matt is such a complex guy. I both loved him and was annoyed at him many times throughout the book. At first, I was 100% on team Matt, but then there were certain times where he was so distant and annoying that I changed my mind. By the end of the story I didn
Ellen
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
I have always loved fantasy and when I read that this was about Merlin, I was anxious to read this book. What I didn't expect was to enjoy it so much, especially in this modern day setting. Arriane, better known as Ryan is a 17-year-old senior in high school. The oh so hot Matt has the whole biker vibe going on, is charming, and Ryan is a little more than infatuated with him. As it turns out, Matt is also Merlin, the greatest wizard ever, who has woken up from the deep freeze, and Matt has a pur ...more
Cathy
Feb 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Ryan is just a normal 17 year old girl. She's the student president in her high school. She lives with her friends Grey and Alexa and their mother Sylvia, because her mom died. One day during a boring lecture in her history class, the unthinkable happens. Another teacher interrupts the lecture with an announcement that "History is happening now!" The whole class goes into another classroom to find out just what is going on. A large rock has shown up, out of nowhere in Trafalgar Square, with King ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I wouldn't be doing the book justice if I didn't first mention how amazing I think the cover of it is. It is just gorgeous!

Since first watching the Disney version of Sword in the Stone I have been fascinated with King Arthur. Merlin, Lancelot and Guinevere. So as you can imagine, I was super happy when I was asked if I wanted to read the first book in the My Merlin Series. I jumped at the chance in fact.

The synopsis sounded like it was going to be such a fun read and thankfully, it didn't disapp
Nasty Lady MJ
Oct 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Just because I'm a cat.

And of course I use one of my nine lives on this book....damn it.

While it didn't personally offend and was mostly comprehensible, it bored me to death and contained dull characters. It was free and because of that I can't complain (much). But at the same time, maybe my friend did have a point. Lowering my standards for independent books in wrong. While it true a lot of the great slush pile on Amazon sucks that's no excuse to not hold these writers up to the standards of t
Cece
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was an interesting book in the sense that it made the Arthurian legend not so thrilling and exciting (which I thought could never happen). After I finished it, I liked the book. Now that I reflect, its definitely not that great.
I personally found the beginning weird (view spoiler)
Nickyrian
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Medieval stories especially when it evolves on Arthurian legend/myth. I have known many versions of it whether it contains factoid or just purely fiction. It's a legend or myth that I never get tired of revisiting it once in a while. The story of this book started and ended in battle mode. There was a lot of fighting. The story and characteristics of each individual were developed quite impressive. I had known Vivane as the Lady of the Lake. In this book, Vivane was a male who happened to ...more
Louise
Nov 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I like the idea of a modern King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table, but I don't know enough about those tales to tell if this was a retelling, or more of an addition to those stories. The premise is good, but I thought the main character, Ryan, acted in such stupid ways that I wanted to slap her silly sometimes. Also, I was a little uncomfortable about the violence toward women here, caused by some of the love interests. "Oh this guy magically strangled me and constantly slams me into walls ...more
Barbara Mason
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
In this modern Arthurian, 17 year-old Boston high schooler Arriane, aka Ryan, DuLac just found out the guy she's been crushing on, hot biker Matt, is a little older than he was letting on. In fact, he is really Merlin—
This was a fun, well written read. The characters were likable and easy to identify with.
I would recommend this book to teen girls more than boys, but believe both genre's will enjoy it.
My Boyfriend Merlin Digital Edition - Free or Bargain Priced 1 26 Apr 09, 2013 08:25AM
Merlin Vs. Vane 12 45 Mar 13, 2013 08:23AM
My Boyfriend Merlin currently on sale! 1 20 May 16, 2012 02:44PM

• Marked (Black Water Academy, #1)
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
  • Shattered Magic Beginnings: An Urban Fantasy First-in-Series Box Set
  • Rock Wolf Investigations: A Paranormal Romance Boxset
  • A New Keeper (The Secret Library, #1)
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Magic Unbound (Fae Unbound #1)
  • Totally Cinderella
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin #1)
  • Darkly Sweet: Rosewood Academy for Witches and Mages
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Stars (Wendy Darling, #1)
  • Kings of Quarantine (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep #1)
  • Love Spell (Love Spell Academy #1)
  • Ancients and Anarchy (Beautiful Beasts Academy #6)
  • Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl, #1)
Kings of Merlin is a new release! Six years in the making... finally we get the story of the brother who didn't get the girl!

Merlin Raj and the Santa Algorithm, the first in my computer science humourous dog's tale, debuts under a new name D. G. Priya. Find it at Merlin Raj and the Santa-Algorithm, a computer science dog's tale

I love books of all kinds—lately funny and fantastical are my faves. Bu

My Merlin Trilogy (3 books)
  • My Merlin Awakening (My Merlin, #2)
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)