What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

There Will Be Dragons (The Council Wars, #1)
This topic is about There Will Be Dragons
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-fi novel taking place in future where a computer dependent society has to deal with loss of network [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marianne (new) - added it

Marianne (geekgirlm) | 4 comments The book takes place far into the future where the human society has perfected genetic engineering, are able to indefinitely extend their lifespan. I remember at one point a girl is able to upload her consciousnesses into a swarm of nanobots.

(view spoiler)

I think this may be the first book in a series and I know the word dragon or dragons is in the title. I read it about 10 years ago, but I think it's older than that.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
No idea what this is Marianne-but I'll be racing you to get a copy of this. It sounds like something that would be right up my alley.

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 742 comments This is the 'Council Wars' series by John Ringo.
"Council Wars
1. There Will Be Dragons (2003)
2. Emerald Sea (2004)
3. Against the Tide (2005)
4. East of the Sun, West of the Moon (2006)"

message 4: by Marianne (new) - added it

Marianne (geekgirlm) | 4 comments Yes!!! That's it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

message 6: by Isabel (kittiwake) (last edited May 08, 2014 04:21AM) (new) - added it

Isabel (kittiwake) | 110 comments In case anyone is interested, I just noticed that There Will Be Dragons & Emerald Sea are currently available FREE from Amazon.co.uk.

Edited to Add: It's the Kindle version that is free.