fantasy book lovers!! discussion

Other > the host

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ~Kate~ (last edited Jul 23, 2009 01:41PM) (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i really liked this book its not as gud as twilight saga but its still worth a read. the only thing i think is wrong wiv this book is that its a little confussing in places but wen u get ur head around wots goin on its not so bad.
my fave character in this book wud have 2 b ian he is so sweet
so wot do u guys think about this book?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I want the sequell to be out already!

message 3: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Give it until chapter five... that's what I tell everyone... that's when I found the book addicting :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

what if a book dosen't have chapters?

message 5: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Eme wrote: "what if a book dosen't have chapters?"

I only say "give it to chapter 5" for The Host... :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ok that makes more sense. XD

message 7: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Yeah... I found it hard to understand in the beginning... so I also like to tell my friends to "Keep an open mind". :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

the begining is strange.

message 9: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments that's sci-fi for you, lol.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like sci-fi that much, but this book was more about love. what do you think?

message 11: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments I loved it. I cried like a baby. I also loved the characters. Stephenie really knows how to emphasize on their personalities and physical looks... its easy imagine yourself there, actually seeing and understanding the characters. You know?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! What other books do you like?

message 13: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments I just read Evermore and Blue Moon by Alyson Noel... I liked it a lot... but it isn't Twilight :)

message 14: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 | 12 comments Can somebody tell me what it was about and giv a summary?

message 15: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Ain020596 wrote: "Can somebody tell me what it was about and giv a summary?"

its a bit complicated its about a thing that lives in humans bodies usually the human that they r in goes away or arent strong but the 1 in this case is. not many people like these things but they learn 2 luv this 1

message 16: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 65 comments Mod
WOW. sounds interesting. definately going to read that

message 17: by Maria Isabella (last edited Jul 24, 2009 01:32PM) (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Ain020596 wrote: "Can somebody tell me what it was about and giv a summary?"

The "thing" are called "Souls". They are implanted in human "Host" bodies. Once implanted, they have full control of the body. Wanderer (the main character) gets a difficult "host" body, Melanie. Melanie is still present in Wanderer's mind, which is not suppose to happen. Throughout the book you read the conflict between the two. It's complicated at first but Stephenie is great at what she does and you soon get the gist of it. I don't want to give too much away but as Wanderer tries to probe Melanie's thoughts to locate a group of human resistance, Melanie fills Wanderer with memories of her love, Jared. Melanie and Wanderer set off to try to find the "men" they both love. Great book :)

message 18: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Magen wrote: "WOW. sounds interesting. definately going to read that"

yeah u shud it is gud wen u get in2 it

Maria Isabella wrote: "Ain020596 wrote: "Can somebody tell me what it was about and giv a summary?"

The "thing" are called "Souls". They are implanted in human "Host" bodies. Once implanted, they have full control of th..."

u explained it better than i did lol

message 19: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Katie wrote: "Magen wrote: "WOW. sounds interesting. definately going to read that"

Maria Isabella wrote: "Ain020596 wrote: "Can somebody tell me what it was about an..."

I have a lot of practice... believe me. lol. I got better at explaining it after I had to describe it around the 7th time. lol :) Thanks though...

message 20: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Maria Isabella wrote: "Katie wrote: "Magen wrote: "WOW. sounds interesting. definately going to read that"

Maria Isabella wrote: "Ain020596 wrote: "Can somebody tell me what it wa..."

lol, s'ok i can never think how 2 explain it so people can understand as i dont undertand lol
whose ur fave character in this book?

message 21: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ I got this book from the library, and i was really determined to read it. but i just couldnt get into it so i didnt read it. my friends say that its a good book but.....i just couldnt get into it.

message 22: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "I got this book from the library, and i was really determined to read it. but i just couldnt get into it so i didnt read it. my friends say that its a good book but.....i just couldnt get into it."

it does take a while but once ur in ur in, lol

message 23: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "I got this book from the library, and i was really determined to read it. but i just couldnt get into it so i didnt read it. my friends say that its a good book but.....i just couldnt get into it."

Give it to chapter 5 next time... seriously. lol

message 24: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Katie wrote: "Maria Isabella wrote: "Katie wrote: "Magen wrote: "WOW. sounds interesting. definately going to read that"

Maria Isabella wrote: "Ain020596 wrote: "Can ..."

I like Wanda. But I also really like Ian

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Maria Isabella wrote: "♥Jenny♥ wrote: "I got this book from the library, and i was really determined to read it. but i just couldnt get into it so i didnt read it. my friends say that its a good book but.....i just could..."

yeah thats about wen i got in2 it lol. i luv ian his the best and yeah wandas gud 2 i feel sorry 4 her

message 26: by Maria Isabella (new)

Maria Isabella Franco (isabella1918) | 20 comments Yeah! Especially that scene where she is going to collect the meds for Jaime... I hated Jared!

message 27: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah i wasnt so keen on jared either he was rather mean 2 her at the beginning but hey he thought he'd lost the luv of his life

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 31 comments liked it better than twilight

for once, the main character gets the crap beaten out of her

and i got to get all obsessive and be like "GO IAN! NOT JARED!"

plus, the wanderer is such a cool name!

the love quadrangle was pretty interesting too

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah that was interesting i luv ian

message 30: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 96 comments Ohh, this book took a few chapters to understand but once it did I was sucked in.

I loved it, and I wish she'd make another to it.

I loved Ian too, [:

message 31: by I'amber (last edited Aug 03, 2009 10:29PM) (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 96 comments Diana wrote: "liked it better than twilight

for once, the main character gets the crap beaten out of her

and i got to get all obsessive and be like "GO IAN! NOT JARED!"

plus, the wanderer is such a cool name!..."

I SO agreee!

message 32: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 96 comments Eme wrote: "I want the sequell to be out already!"

Ah, so their is going to be one?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

its awesome!

message 34: by madison (new)

madison (HBmadison) | 131 comments I love this book a lot. i think it's so much better then Twilight.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah!

message 36: by Carlene (new)

Carlene (ctaylor66) the host was hard to understand at first but it got really good. i was addicted

message 37: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yup i definately agree wiv u

message 38: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 31 comments although i must say, im not particularly fond of the ideas for the other "places" the wanderer has lived in

I mean, a planet with dolphins

and a planet with bears?

i dunno, just kind of confused there

message 39: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 96 comments
I thought it was kindof creative, and some new.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree with it being confusing. i almost put it down cuz i didnt understand it, but then kept reading and fell in luv with it. i luv ian :]

message 41: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 96 comments Alicia wrote: "i agree with it being confusing. i almost put it down cuz i didnt understand it, but then kept reading and fell in luv with it. i luv ian :]"

Ah so do I, love Ian that is.

It was cute when he seemed to be fighting over her haha!

message 42: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i luv ian 2 he was the best and also the sweetest and the most kind

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 71 comments I loved Ian but i loved Jared too.
Gd book but not as good as Twilight.

message 44: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i agree on the not as gud as twilight but i only started liking jared at the end of the book

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 71 comments i no he was horrid to her at the beginning but the did think she had basically murdered the love of his life, I mean anyone would be pretty pissed of right?

message 46: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) true but he didnt have 2 b so evil about it tho

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 71 comments so if someone murdered someone you loved and then paraded around in their body you wouldn't be a total bitch to them? lol

message 48: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 96 comments I agree with Rebecca on the that.

message 49: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am 2 nice lol and yeah i do get ur point but i just prefer ian he seems like the betta guy.
id luv there 2 b anotha book

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 71 comments yey

« previous 1 3