Ulysses Ulysses discussion


29 views
is Dhalgren by Sam Delany the successor to Joyce and Ulysses

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcus (new)

Marcus what do you think....Dhalgren sort of has a joyce esque it

does it even surpass Ulysses?


Mike I know Dhalgren is easier to read than Ulysses.


message 3: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Mike wrote: "I know Dhalgren is easier to read than Ulysses."

was it a easier read than Ulysses? i heard Dhalgren is hard, but its not as hard as Ulysses?


Mike Marcus wrote: was it a easier read than Ulysses? i heard Dhalgren is hard, but its not as hard as Ulysses?"

I found Dhalgren to be a enjoyable read... It is nowhere near Ulysses in terms of complexity & difficulty.


message 5: by Marcus (last edited Mar 05, 2016 01:48AM) (new)

Marcus Mike wrote: "Marcus wrote: was it a easier read than Ulysses? i heard Dhalgren is hard, but its not as hard as Ulysses?"

I found Dhalgren to be a enjoyable read... It is nowhere near Ulysses in terms of comple..."


I really need to try out Ulysses again

what does that make Finnegan's Wake though Mike :)


Mike Marcus wrote: "what does that make Finnegan's Wake though Mike :)..."
I haven't read Finnegans Wake so I can't really speak to it...


Steve No comparison. Ulysses was at least fun to read.


message 8: by Marcus (last edited Mar 23, 2016 08:59PM) (new)

Marcus Agrimorfee wrote: "No comparison. Ulysses was at least fun to read."

i want to try Dhalgren, but i wasn't able to finish Ulysses...and if this book is as complex as Ulysses i don't think i can do it essentially which is why i asked about the comparison


Mike Marcus wrote: "i want to try Dhalgren, but i wasn't able to finish Ulysses...and if this book is as complex as Ulysses i don't think i can do ..."

It's way easier to read than Ulysses.


message 10: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Mike wrote: "Marcus wrote: "i want to try Dhalgren, but i wasn't able to finish Ulysses...and if this book is as complex as Ulysses i don't think i can do ..."

It's way easier to read than Ulysses."


ok...i guess i should give it a shot

i should also try and re-read ulysses as well


back to top