Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2016 > Discussion for Alpha and Omega Series

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments The Alpha and Omega series is set in the same world as Mercy Thompson but not on the same timeline. This series is targeted toward PNR, IMO I would say it is UF with a bit of romance.

Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega, #4) by Patricia Briggs

If you are new to this series before to read the novella first you can buy it as a stand alone or read it in On the Prowl (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs

message 2: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I really do enjoy this series, sometimes a bit more than Mercy Thompson.

Even though Mrs. Briggs writes terrible intimacy scenes. IMO it is just not her strong point

message 3: by Pilar (new)

Pilar (sweetp) | 24 comments Agreed! She's lacking in that department, however, she makes up for it in her story telling. I love both these series.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne | 318 comments Dawn wrote: "The Alpha and Omega series is set in the same world as Mercy Thompson but not on the same timeline. This series is targeted toward PNR, IMO I would say it is UF with a bit of romance.

[bookcover:A..."

I have read all of Patricia's books - love them all.

message 5: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 56 comments I have read both series and enjoy them both. True there aren't many passionate scenes but the story does make up for it and it is implied just not spelled out for us.

message 6: by Namita (new)

Namita I love the Alpha & Omega series better than Mercy Thompson. Agreed, her sexy scenes aren't the greatest but makes it up in terms of action and story.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 318 comments True, sex is lacking in her books, but, her story telling is wonderful.

message 8: by Gnight (new)

Gnight | 1 comments The way she writes her stories makes me forget I'm reading and just watching a movie I love it

message 9: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda I haven't read any of her books. I hope to soon.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I was so so on this series until the second book came out, then I really started to love them.

I recently did a re-read of the Mercy and A&O books, read them in order of the timeline that Briggs has on her site. It was much more fun to read that way.

message 11: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Darcy wrote: "I was so so on this series until the second book came out, then I really started to love them.

I recently did a re-read of the Mercy and A&O books, read them in order of the timeline that Briggs ..."

I have never read them according to her timeline. That could be cool!

I still want Mercy and Anna to meet.

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "I still want Mercy and Anna to meet."

That would be fun! I can see them making fun of Bran, Charles and everyone else.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne | 318 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I still want Mercy and Anna to meet."

That would be fun! I can see them making fun of Bran, Charles and everyone else."

I so agree - I would imagine they will someday.

message 14: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I keep thinking maybe in the final book. Are the timeline's between the two series the same now or is one slightly ahead of the other?

message 15: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Without knowing about the next A&O book it seems like the timelines have meshed now.

message 16: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Here's the link for the timeline.

http://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/t...

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Darcy wrote: "Here's the link for the timeline.

http://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/t..."

Thanks!!

message 18: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Sure thing Dawn.

message 19: by Michela J (new)

Michela J | 6 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I still want Mercy and Anna to meet."

That would be fun! I can see them making fun of Bran, Charles and everyone else."

I think Mercy met her once before...she said that Anna was nice but she didn't give her that wasn't too roll over and get her tummy rubbed feeling...or something like that

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Michela J wrote: "Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I still want Mercy and Anna to meet."

I think Mercy met her once before...she said tha..."

I think Rivermarked mentions that Mercy met her briefly. Like you said.

message 21: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I was hoping for something more than brief but something where they come together.
Perhaps it is wishful thinking.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Dawn wrote: "I was hoping for something more than brief but something where they come together.
Perhaps it is wishful thinking."

That would be really awesome. Even if it was just in a short.