The Challenge Factory discussion

2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi & Krissy - Kage Unleashed & Kage Unmasked

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Ezi & Krissy - Kage Unleashed & Kage Unmasked

message 2: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Checking in!

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Can I start? I'm ready. I'll go slow.

message 4: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm starting later today!

message 5: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments 46 minutes into the audiobook....

Dammit, Layla. Stay the fuck out of it.

message 6: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments 3hrs 15mins into the audibook...

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Finished! And I loved it just as much as book 1. I plan on starting book 3 in a couple days.

message 8: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments (view spoiler)

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "Finished! And I loved it just as much as book 1. I plan on starting book 3 in a couple days."

Dang girl. You ain't playing.

message 10: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I can't help it. I'm lovin this series

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Why does Jennifer hate Jamie so much?

Jamie's dad is cracking me up at the hospital talking about how Kage needs to make an honest man out of his son. The dad's reaction isn't as bad as I anticipated. I wonder exactly what Jennifer told him.

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

The doctor therapist visit was very very unprofessional. It was a breach of trust. It's not her place to do that. I bet Santori put him up to that. Vanessa Is a front!

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Mar 07, 2016 06:46AM) (new)

Jamie acts like a teenage girl with his insecurities.

His uncle maybe hired Cameron? Jamie knows Kage had a crazy uncle

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

When do we read book 3?

message 15: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I did not appreciate the therapist's interference at all. You're right. Extremely unprofessional.

I planned on starting book 3 around Wed or Thurs. Today I'm finishing John Dies at the End and tomorrow I'm listening to Finding Audrey. So I'll be ready on Wed unless you want to start sooner. I have no problem squeezing it in

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I'm listening to Lost Lake (Lost Lake, #1) by Sarah Addison Allen now but I need Jamie to grow a pair

message 17: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I agree.

message 18: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Finished my books so I am starting Unmasked tonight

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "Finished my books so I am starting Unmasked tonight"

I am just 3 hours into The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1) by T.M. Frazier . LOL, you couldn't wait huh?

message 20: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Hmmm... I'll start one of my March Madness books then. Let me know when you are done with your book.

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "Hmmm... I'll start one of my March Madness books then. Let me know when you are done with your book."

I just finished it. I was heavy!

message 22: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Listening to Unmasked :)

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "Listening to Unmasked :)"

LOL, I'll join soon sometime this week.

message 24: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I listened to a whole other book AND read an ebook while I waited. I just couldn't put it off anymore. Lol

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "I listened to a whole other book AND read an ebook while I waited. I just couldn't put it off anymore. Lol"

I am on spring break with my 3 kids. So I am trying to fit fun activities with them. We went rock climbing yesterday and we are about to leave for the Trampoline place.

I am waiting for them to finish lunch so I can refuse to buy them lunch at those places :D

But I will get it to it in the next day or two. I am okay though, You enjoy it more than I do so I get it

message 26: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments No rush! My kids don't have spring break until the 13th so i still have time :)

message 27: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Plan something fun

message 28: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Dr. Tanner is possibly the worst therapist ever.

message 29: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Finished! I loved it but I'm sure you'll hate it. Lol. (view spoiler)

message 30: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Holy crap. You went in like a gangsta. I'm going to read your spoilers. We are still at Cosmic Jump. They've gone from bouncy houses to the trampoline.

I'm glad I packed water and snacks because that saved me some $$$.

I'll be glad when spring break is over. Tomorrow is Main Event, bowling, video games, mini golf and laser tag. Friday is Medieval Times and Saturday is the Dallas Maverick game. I'll get my life back soon :D

message 31: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments It sounds like a blast!

message 32: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

They are happy

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

They are happy

message 34: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments And that's all that counts right?

message 35: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

On chapter 3. It's weird for his ex girlfriend and him to be having breakfast with their new lovers. Half know, the other have can't tell Kage and Jamie are lovers.
Oblivious much?

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

How did the Uncle Santori pick Dr. Tanner? He seems very intentional about everything.

So as a Doctor, she told Santori everything that KAge was telling her? I don't feel bad for her loss. She violated Kage when he placed total faith and trust in her. She was almost like a mother to him. She allowed the uncle to continue victimizing him and by not working on his memory, she enabled Santori to keep Kage enslaved to fighting.

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

So did Vanessa really LOVE Kage? Do you think they could have been more IF Kage wanted more? I was never truly clear on that.

People are friends usually because at least one person doesn't want more.

What do you think turned the Dad around to Team Kage?

message 38: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments So many good questions! I agree with the doctor. I didn't understand how and exactly why she was there. And if she didn't agree with how things were happening why did she not do anything to stop it?

I didn't think Vanessa had real feelings for Kage outside of friendship but that could be me in denial because I wanted zero interference with my boys' relationship.

And the whole dad thing turned around after that secret drive/talk between him and Kage. We never really got to hear exactly what was said and that drove me nuts.

It sucks that we didn't agree with this trilogy. I loved it, you... not so much. But that's okay! At least you read it with me and that makes me happy. I have 2 BRs this month with no shows. I read and posted on the thread all by my lonesome *sniff... sniff... wipes tear*

message 39: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Mar 18, 2016 05:54PM) (new)

What are you reading that folks didn't show up to?
What do you have next to read? I need to peak at your
Monthly Reading plan.

I have Rules of Engagement (Rules of Engagement, #1) by L.A. Witt Heart Recaptured (Hades Hangmen, #2) by Tillie Cole Nikolai 2 (Her Russian Protector, #6) by Roxie Rivera among others

message 40: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and The Woods are the 2 nobody showed up. I am at the end of my march books. I just have The Witness by Nora Roberts Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink left and the rest will be whatever i pick for my weekly challenges.

I've started my "soft" April selections. Nothing set in stone yet. It's my apr-br-poss shelf. I'd add a link but I'm on my phone and that's a pain in the ass.

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I Really liked The Witness