Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED Team challenges > A Tale of Two Bingos (Team Two)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 191 (191 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Mar 03, 2016 05:15PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9506 comments Mod

Caitlyn*
Megan
Brittany
Melanie

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Jul 31, 2016 10:01PM) (new)

BINGO CARD

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:21PM) (new)

Schedule for Calling Categories:

March 9th
March 23rd
April 6th
April 20th
May 4
May 18th
June 1st
June 15th
June 29th
(etc. until a team gets a valid BINGO)

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Jul 26, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Free "Passes"

Every person will get (1) "pass" in which they can read a book that doesn't match the called category, BUT the book has to fit the theme of the challenge somehow (i.e. takes place in winter or spring, the characters experience change, the character is young or in their golden years...anything that you have a reason for it to work, really).

You don't have to use the pass and remember that you only get one for the entire challenge. ;)

---

Caitlyn - pass used for Cat/Kitten
Megan - pass available
Brittany - pass used for SOCKS
Melanie - pass used for SLEIGH

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:37PM) (new)

**Important Info**

Every other Wednesday one of the categories will be called (the same one for all teams).

After all team members have read their books and the team captain has posted in this folder to let me know, your square will get a stamp.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

There is no deadline to finish a book, but a book cannot be started prior to the category being called and your team won't get its stamp until everyone on the team has finished and posted.

You also need to check in at least once after each category called.

*New* You can use either the cover or title to match the called category (example below)

Books must be at least 150 pages long (if reading an ebook, please check the paperback or hardcover edition for page count).
NO manga/graphic novels, cookbooks
Audiobooks are fine. As are ARCs.

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:37PM) (new)

WAYS TO WIN:

Five in a row (any direction), the four corners, or a postage stamp in any corner would all be a valid bingo. Here's a picture that shows what each of them are:

I know this picture shows two postage stamps, but only one would be required.

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Jul 28, 2016 07:17PM) (new)

Categories:

Winter categories
1. Fire/Fireplace
2. Quilt
3. Boots
4. Sock(s)
5. Sweater
6. Hot Drink*
7. Wreath
8. Christmas Lights
9. Cookie(s)
10. Gift
11. Snow
12. Sleigh

Spring categories
13. Flower(s)*
14. Sunrise/Sunset
15. Puppy/Dog*
16. Kitten/Cat*
17. Fruit*
18. Bride/Groom
19. Heart
20. Rain
21. Tree(s)
22. Ship/Boat
23. Grass/Field
24. Baby/Child

25. FREE SPACE**
** Any book may be used for this space and it may be read any time during the challenge - this category will not be called. The only rule is it has to be started after the start of the challenge.

Categories with an asterick (*): you may get more specific, if needed (example: flowers -- you could use a book with rose in the title)

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Hope you all have fun! Please choose a team captain and, if you'd like, a team name. :)

message 9: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I can't be captain, so I hope one of you guys will be willing. It's really just posting in the captain thread when we are finished to say that we are ready for a stamp :)

Anyone have name ideas? Maybe something with "Two" in it? ;)

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments Yay! Looking forward to it. How about a tie in to a book name and the number two, such as "A Tale of Two Bingos". I'll try to think of a couple other ones.

message 11: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Hey ladies! Really looking forward to being on this team with you! I'm willing to be Captain if no one else wants to or can do it! :)

I like that team name, Brittany. I am totally drawing a blank on name ideas right now but I will try to come up with some ideas! :D

message 12: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Thanks for volunteering to be captain, Caitlyn!!

I like that name idea, Brittany!

message 13: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6293 comments Mod
I like that name!

Caitlyn, thanks for volunteering to be captain! :)

message 14: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I plan on going through my books sometime today or tomorrow and making a list for the categories. Just so I have something to look at when categories get called. ;)

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments Sounds great!

message 16: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Are we going with "A Tale of Two Bingos", if so I'll change the name.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments I'm good with it if you guys are.

message 18: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Mar 03, 2016 07:29PM) (new)

My list of books, for reference when categories are called :)

(will be updating as I find books :))

Categories:

Winter categories
1. Fire/Fireplace
Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Guardian of the Flame by T.L. Higley
2. Quilt
A Time to Heal (Quilts of Lancaster County, #2) by Barbara Cameron The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt, #2) by Adina Senft Beyond the Storm (Quilts of Love #1) by Carolyn Zane The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) by Patricia Davids Tempest's Course by Lynette Sowell A Heartbeat Away (Quilts of Love) by S. Dionne Moore
3. Boots
The Isaac Project by Sarah Monzon
4. Sock(s)
The Scent of Lilacs (The Heart of Hollyhill #1) by Ann H. Gabhart Running Home by Barbara Ellen Brink
5. Sweater
Safe by the Marshal's Side by Shirlee McCoy Legacy of Fools by Missy Horsfall From the Start (Walker Family, #1) by Melissa Tagg
6. Hot Drink*
Cool Beans (Maya Davis, #1) by Erynn Mangum Blissfully Yours (Mills & Boon Love Inspired) (Bliss Village - Book 2) by Diann Walker Miss Match (Lauren Holbrook, #1) by Erynn Mangum Cafenova (Clairmont Series #1) by S. Jane Scheyder
7. Wreath
A Daddy for Christmas (Christmas in Eden Valley, #1) by Linda Ford Her Holiday Protector (Men of Millbrook Lake #2) by Lenora Worth A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3) by Winnie Griggs Silent Night Standoff (First Responders #1) by Susan Sleeman Baby, It's Cold Outside by Susan May Warren
8. Christmas Lights
Her Holiday Protector (Men of Millbrook Lake #2) by Lenora Worth All Is Calm, All Is Bright by Colleen Coble The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson
9. Cookie(s)
Merry Humbug Christmas Two Tales of Holiday Romance by Sandra D. Bricker A Hickory Ridge Christmas (Hickory Ridge, #4) by Dana Corbit
10. Gift
The Gift of a Child by Laura Abbot The Gift of Family Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas by Linda Ford All I Have to Give A Christmas Love Story by Melody Carlson The Perfect Gift by Darlene Shortridge The Gift of Christmas Present by Melody Carlson
11. Snow
The Gift of Family Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas by Linda Ford Baby, It's Cold Outside by Susan May Warren
12. Sleigh
The Sound of Sleigh Bells (Apple Ridge #1) by Cindy Woodsmall A Patchwork Christmas Collection by Judith McCoy Miller A Family-Style Christmas and Yuletide Homecoming by Carolyne Aarsen

Spring categories
13. Flower(s)*
Ireland Rose by Patricia Strefling The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor #2) by Denise Hunter The Aristocrat's Lady by Mary Moore The Unexpected Bride (Bowen, #1) by Debra Ullrick A Hope Remembered (Of Love and War, #3) by Stacy Henrie
14. Sunrise/Sunset
Darkness Before Dawn by Ace Collins Beyond the Ashes (Golden Gate Chronicles #2) by Karen Barnett
15. Puppy/Dog*
Beowulf Explosives Detection Dog (A Breed Apart, #3) by Ronie Kendig Montana Reunion (Big Sky Centennial, #.5) by Valerie Hansen Protect and Serve (Rookie K-9 Unit #1) by Terri Reed Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1) by Shirlee McCoy To Save Her Child (Alaskan Search and Rescue #2) by Margaret Daley Protection Detail (Capitol K-9 Unit #1) by Shirlee McCoy The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson Beaglemania (Pet Rescue Mystery, #1) by Linda O. Johnston That Dog Won't Hunt (Dearing Family #1) by Brandilyn Collins Cowboy to the Rescue (Four Stones Ranch #1) by Louise M. Gouge
16. Kitten/Cat*
Calico Spy (Undercover Ladies #3) by Margaret Brownley (calico) The Cat in the Window And Other Stories of the Cats We Love by Callie Smith Grant
17. Fruit*
Stirring Up Romance by Janet Lee Barton The Fruitcake Murders by Ace Collins What Is the Meaning of Sex? by Denny Burk Permission to Doubt by Ann C. Sullivan Georgia on Her Mind by Rachel Hauck
18. Bride/Groom
The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor #2) by Denise Hunter
19. Heart
Cross My Heart by Carol Cox
20. Rain
Fear Has a Name (The Crittendon Files, #1) by Creston Mapes Henry by Sydney Paige McCutcheon Rain Song (Heart of Carolina, #1) by Alice J. Wisler
21. Tree(s)
too many options
22. Ship/Boat
From Ashes to Honor (First Responders, #1) by Loree Lough
23. Grass/Field
too many options
24. Baby/Child
The Reluctant Bridegroom by Shannon Farrington Safe by the Marshal's Side by Shirlee McCoy Special Delivery Baby by Sherri Shackelford

message 19: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I had the toughest time finding "rain" books, but did end up finding some on my Kindle.

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments Another rain book I recently heard about is Because of the Rain by Deborah Raney.

message 21: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Vanished (Private Justice, #1) by Irene Hannon Melanie wrote: "I had the toughest time finding "rain" books, but did end up finding some on my Kindle." Raindrops on the cover

message 22: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Nice finds!!! Thanks ladies :D

message 23: by Caitlyn (last edited Mar 04, 2016 06:42AM) (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Yep I'm cool with that name! Another Rain book and the one I will probably read for that category is Heaven Sent Rain by Lauraine Snelling

Working on putting a list of my own together, will post here when I get it together!

message 24: by Caitlyn (last edited Mar 09, 2016 10:19AM) (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Here is my list of the ones I will most likely be using!

Winter categories
1. Fire/Fireplace- Firestorm by Lisa Tawn Bergren
2. Quilt- Free Quilts of Love Fiction Sampler by Sandra D. Bricker
3. Boots- Caught in the Middle (Ladies of Caldwell County, #3) by Regina Jennings
4. Sock(s) Close to You by Kara Isaac
5. Sweater- Leave It to Chance by Sherri Sand
6. Hot Drink*- Smitten Book Club (Smitten #3) by Colleen Coble
7. Wreath- High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3) by Christy Barritt
8. Christmas Lights- Home, Hearth, and Holidays (Dear Daphne #3) by Melody Carlson
9. Cookie(s)- Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke
10. Gift- The Gifting (Gifting #1) by K.E. Ganshert
11. Snow- The Shadow of Your Smile (Deep Haven, #5) by Susan May Warren
12. Sleigh- A Grand Teton Sleigh Ride Four Generations of Wyoming Ranchers Celebrate Love at Christmas by Elizabeth Goddard

Spring categories
13. Flower(s)*- One Perfect Spring by Irene Hannon
14. Sunrise/Sunset- Stallions at Burnt Rock (West Texas Sunrise #1) by Paul Bagdon
15. Puppy/Dog* Talon Combat Tracking Team (A Breed Apart, #2) by Ronie Kendig
16. Kitten/Cat* Will probably use my pass if this one is called!
17. Fruit*- Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer This will be a re-read for me!
18. Bride/Groom- The Knight's Bride Chivalry Lives in 6 Stories from the Middle Ages by Tracie Peterson
19. Heart- Blessings of the Heart by Valerie Hansen
20. Rain- Heaven Sent Rain by Lauraine Snelling
21. Tree(s) Lots of options
22. Ship/Boat-Lots of options
23. Grass/Field- Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6) by Lenora Worth
24. Baby/Child- His Baby Bond (Sacred Bond, #1) by Lee Tobin McClain

message 25: by Brittany (last edited Mar 04, 2016 08:54PM) (new)

Brittany | 958 comments Winter categories
1. Fire/Fireplace - Almost Forever (Hanover Falls, #1) by Deborah Raney Through the Fire by Shawn Grady Amongst The Flames by T.K. Chapin Wagon Train Sweetheart (Journey West, #2) by Lacy Williams
2. Quilt - An Amish Cradle An Amish Cradle Novella by Beth Wiseman Scraps of Evidence by Barbara Cameron The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) by Patricia Davids A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6) by Patricia Davids
3. Boots - Heart of a Soldier by Belle Calhoune The Lassoed by Marriage Romance Collection 9 Historical Romances Begin After Saying "I Do" by Angela Bell
4. Sock(s) Instant Prairie Family by Bonnie Navarro
5. Sweater - Leave It to Chance by Sherri Sand All for Anna (Letting Go #1) by Nicole Deese A Model Bride (Love in Store, #3 / The Macleans #1) by Autumn Macarthur
6. Hot Drink* - A Texas Thanksgiving (Homecoming Heroes, Book 5) (Love Inspired #468) by Margaret Daley
7. Wreath - Snowfall (Days of Redemption #3.5) by Shelley Shepard Gray High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3) by Christy Barritt The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6) by Brenda Minton Rebecca's Christmas Gift by Emma Miller An Amish Family Christmas Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday by Marta Perry
8. Christmas Lights
9. Cookie(s)
10. Gift - Rebecca's Christmas Gift by Emma Miller
11. Snow - Snowfall (Days of Redemption #3.5) by Shelley Shepard Gray A White Christmas in Webster County by Laura V. Hilton
12. Sleigh A Patchwork Christmas Collection by Judith McCoy Miller

Spring categories
13. Flower(s)* - Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert Breath of Spring (Seasons of the Heart, #4) by Charlotte Hubbard Blowing on Dandelions (Love Blossoms in Oregon, #1) by Miralee Ferrell
14. Sunrise/Sunset - An Unbroken Heart by Kathleen Fuller The Mountain Midwife by Laurie Alice Eakes
15. Puppy/Dog* - Trinity Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1) by Ronie Kendig An Insignificant Life by Connie Almony Taming the Texas Rancher by Rhonda Gibson
16. Kitten/Cat* - Her Irish Surrender (Holiday Mail Order Brides #4) by Kit Morgan Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1) by Dorothy Clark
17. Fruit* Georgia On Her Mind by Rachel Hauck
18. Bride/Groom - A Bride for the Baron by Jo Ann Brown The Heirloom Brides Collection Treasured Items Bring Couples Together in Four Historical Romances by Kim Vogel Sawyer A Model Bride (Love in Store, #3 / The Macleans #1) by Autumn Macarthur The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor #2) by Denise Hunter
19. Heart The Hearts We Mend (Banister Falls, #2) by Kathryn Springer An Unbroken Heart by Kathleen Fuller
20. Rain - Rain Song (Heart of Carolina, #1) by Alice J. Wisler Vanished (Private Justice, #1) by Irene Hannon
21. Tree(s) - Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert Lone Star Heiress (Texas Grooms #4) by Winnie Griggs
22. Ship/Boat - Shenandoah Crossings (Winds of Change, #2) by Lisa Belcastro Ransome's Quest (The Ransome Trilogy #3) by Kaye Dacus
23. Grass/Field - The Texan's Inherited Family (Bachelor List Matches, #1) by Noelle Marchand A Bride for the Baron by Jo Ann Brown One True Path (Amish Roads #3) by Barbara Cameron
24. Baby/Child - Loving the Lawman (Kirkwood Lake, #4) by Ruth Logan Herne Lone Wolf's Lady by Judy Duarte The Texan's Inherited Family (Bachelor List Matches, #1) by Noelle Marchand A Mother for His Children by Jan Drexler Conveniently Wed by Angel Moore Family of Her Dreams by Keli Gwyn

message 26: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Mar 05, 2016 02:40PM) (new)

@Caitlyn that Susan May Warren book definitely works for snow.

@Brittany oh, what a great cat find!! Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1) by Dorothy Clark --- such a cute cover! :D

message 27: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments Thanks Melanie! I just dug out books on my shelf that I haven't read yet and there that little kitten was! :)

message 28: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Thanks Melanie, I was sure that had to be snow but it was hard for me to tell even looking at the book in person whether it was actually snow or just the lighting! LOL!

message 29: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Here we go!!!! Game has officially begun and reading can begin :D

The FIRST category is GIFT!!

The next category will be called March 23rd, most likely around noon PT.

message 30: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I think I'll read All I Have to Give A Christmas Love Story by Melody Carlson

message 31: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments I will be reading The Gifting (Gifting #1) by K.E. Ganshert So looking forward to it! Though it will be a few days before I can start it as I have to finish a couple of review books first! :D

message 32: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

***GIFT***

All I Have to Give A Christmas Love Story by Melody Carlson
Finished 3/11
3 stars
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 33: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

***FREE SPACE***

The Holiday Courtship (Texas Grooms, #7) by Winnie Griggs
Finished 3/13
4 stars

message 34: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments I'm currently working on reading my "Gift" book and it is Rebecca's Christmas Gift by Emma Miller Rebecca's Christmas Gift.

I am also about to start a book for my "Free Space". It will be The Hearts We Mend (Banister Falls, #2) by Kathryn Springer The Hearts we Mend.

I'll let you know as I finish them.

message 35: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

I'm still not sure what I'll be reading for gift, but I'm almost finished with my free space book (I'm reading The Holiday Courtship).

message 36: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments GIFT
Rebecca's Christmas Gift by Emma Miller
Rebecca's Christmas Gift by Emma Miller
finished 3/15
rating 4 stars

message 37: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments FREE SPACE
The Hearts We Mend (Banister Falls, #2) by Kathryn Springer
The Hearts We Mend by Kathryn Springer
finished 3/15
rating 5 stars

message 38: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments *GIFT*

I read The Gifting (Gifting #1) by K.E. Ganshert
Finished on 3/18

4 Stars!
I love Katie Ganshert's books and I really enjoyed this one! It reminded me a little bit of Ted Dekker's Eyes Wide Open and Amber Garza's Prowl combined with something uniquely all its own. While I enjoyed this book, it seemed to be a lot slower moving than I had anticipated, I was expecting to just fly right through it and sadly that didn't happen, though I think I was in a bit of a reading slump so I can't blame the book for that. Overall I really liked this book and I will probably read the rest of the series when I have time.

message 39: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

FREE SPACE
The Holiday Courtship (Texas Grooms, #7) by Winnie Griggs
Finished: 3/18
Rating: 4.5 stars
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 40: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

I think I'll be reading The Gift (The Chronicles of Malachai #1) by Daniel L. Sweetnam for GIFT.

message 41: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments I saw that FRUIT is the next category. I have a couple of books I am trying to decide between, but was wondering if the book The Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall would work since it has the word cherry in the title.

message 42: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2580 comments chag purim sameach to everyone!!

message 43: by Andrea (last edited Mar 23, 2016 08:44AM) (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Brittany, that book should work, as long as it's over 150 pages. The fruit has to be either pictured on the cover or named in the title.

message 44: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments That's what I was thinking, too, and it is definitely long enough.

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Hope you enjoy it!

message 46: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Yep, cherry in the title works. :)

message 47: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments I'm halfway done with my FREE SPACE book, hope to finish it soon!
I will be reading Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer for FRUIT, one of my favorite books that I can't wait to re-read!!! :)

message 48: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I've decided to read What Is the Meaning of Sex? by Denny Burk (apple on cover). It's a NetGalley review book, so this gives me the push to read it now.

message 49: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 958 comments I am about to start reading The Scent of Cherry Blossoms (Apple Ridge #4) by Cindy Woodsmall for FRUIT since it has the word "Cherry" on the cover.

message 50: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm 29% done with my book. It's been a slow read....

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.