YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team I (medium) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Cinthia
Amber
Rachel G
Dana
Bianca

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments (1 point)-A, E, I, O, U, L, N, S, T, R.
(2 points)-D, G.
(3 points)-B, C, M, P.
(4 points)-F, H, V, W, Y.
(5 points)-K.
(8 points)- J, X.
(10 points)-Q, Z.

Letter frequency = A×9, B ×2, C ×2, D ×4, E ×12, F ×2, G ×3, H ×2, I ×9, J ×1, K ×1, L ×4, M ×2, N ×6, O ×8, P ×2, Q ×1, R ×6, S ×4, T ×6, U ×4, V ×2, W ×2, X ×1, Y ×2, Z ×1, blank ×2

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments If everyone could check in here that would be great :) also, has anyone got any ideas of what they're planning to read in March? :)

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments Here! I don't really have a plan per say, I was just going to randomly pick from my huge tbr. I could take a look though and see if any of them fit the harder letters.

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (amber03) | 90 comments hi, I also don't have a plan.

message 6: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Thanks for creating the threads Rachel... I don't really have a complete idea of all the books I want to read in March but for sure I want to read Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard , Beastly by Alex Flinn , Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr , The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen , Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi , Immurement (The Undergrounders, #1) by Norma Hinkens , An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir , Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman , Carry On by Rainbow Rowell , Attachement by Rainbow Rowell this are some of the ones I'm hoping to get through... Most of them are buddy reads...

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Looking forward to staying this month's challenge with you guys!

message 8: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Good luck guys. I got move to a different team

message 9: by Joi (last edited Mar 01, 2016 08:14AM) (new)

Joi | 984 comments I think I'm going to be added to this team. I have a stack of 20+ library books waiting to be read, so I'm ready.

I got this idea from another team...I recreated a spreadsheet. Feel free to add to it as you pick your books out. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 10: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments Cinthia wrote: "Good luck guys. I got move to a different team"

nooo cinthia I wanted to be on your team again!

message 11: by Dana (last edited Mar 02, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Dana | 893 comments Joi wrote: "I think I'm going to be added to this team. I have a stack of 20+ library books waiting to be read, so I'm ready.

I got this idea from another team...I recreated a spreadsheet. Feel free to add to..."

Thanks Joi, I added couple books on there

message 12: by Joi (new)

Joi | 984 comments Dana wrote: "Joi wrote: "I think I'm going to be added to this team. I have a stack of 20+ library books waiting to be read, so I'm ready.

I got this idea from another team...I recreated a spreadsheet. Feel fr..."

No problem, I just got your e-mail. Sorry it took me so long.

message 13: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Guiteau (bianca_guiteau) I'm still joining in sorry for the late check in life has been a little hectic lately, but I'm reading a couple of books right now and I'm almost done :)

message 14: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hey everyone!

I'm your newest team member!

message 15: by Joi (new)

Joi | 984 comments Welcome Tati.

message 16: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Thanks! I'm currently BR'ing a T book.

message 17: by Joi (new)

Joi | 984 comments Check out the team spreadsheet. Request for edit access if you want. It's a great way for us to keep up with our letters.

message 18: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Just requested to see it (I can't even see it through the link above)

message 19: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Thanks!

message 20: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I'll try to finish another book today or early tomorrow, that one is worth 3 points. After that, I still don't know what I'll read...

message 21: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments yay welcome tati, another speed reader added to our ranks!

message 22: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I'll *try* to finish my B book by tonight. I can't guarantee I'll be finished with it, as I drove into work today (meaning no reading during my commute). However, I should be done with by tomorrow morning.

message 23: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hey, everyone!

Just a heads up, weekends are pretty slow, reading-wise. House chores and all that get in the way. I still have a good two to three hours of reading today, though. And Monday it's business back as usual.

message 24: by Joi (last edited Mar 11, 2016 10:26AM) (new)

Joi | 984 comments Good, I should be finishing my A book today, I don't like it that much, which is why it has taken me so long to finish it. Tonight I should be starting a D and a S, and trying to finish an H.

message 25: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments Hey everyone, so i know there have been a lot of complaints lately about lack of participation and communication in teams. So I thought I would try to make more of an effort to communicate, honestly sometimes I just feel like I don't have anything worth saying most of the time but I'll try.

I will make the minimum eight books for the challenge though so at least there's that.

Right now I'm reading Arranged (Arranged Trilogy Book 1) by Julia Crane for A and The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1) by Joe Hart for L. I plan on reading The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1) by Heidi Heilig for G and possibly Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins for L.

message 26: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I myself am a bit of a chatterbox in team challenges.

I'm now reading Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin , and I think we should try and focus on tiles that will give us more points. For instance, no one has tackled that 10-pointer Q.

message 27: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Also, who is reading Hold Tight? There is no name on the spreadsheet..

message 28: by Amber (last edited Mar 18, 2016 10:52AM) (new)

Amber (amber03) | 90 comments Hi, sorry I also haven't communicated much. I finished Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi a couple days ago. And I have only a 100 pages left for Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter . So this weekend you will get two reviews. After I finish Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter I can read The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen for Q.

message 29: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I don't know yet what I'll read after Wolf by Wolf. I'll try to read something that gives us more points.

Again, weekends are slow for me, reading-wise (this one will be even slower, as I'll go to Maroon 5's concert tomorrow)

message 30: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments I am weird, I thought the internet was where shy people could become extroverts, but apparently I am the exception.

How are you liking Wolf by Wolf Tati? I passed on it because I didn't like the authors previous book but I was kind of kicking myself because the description sounded cool.

Enjoy your concert! I haven't been to a concert in ages, the last one I went to was the red hot chilli peppers.

message 31: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I've finished it! It was an okay read overall. The competition, I didn't enjoy that much. The ending, though...

message 32: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments so sounds like i didnt miss too much then

message 33: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Nope. It wasn't anything to write home about...

message 34: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I was thinking, could we move The 5th Wave to V (this edition: Viies laine (Viies laine, #1) by Rick Yancey ) and switch my The Winner's Kiss to W instead of using it for T? That way, we'd get more points out of it

message 35: by Julie (new)

Julie LaVoie (goodreadscomjuliemlavoie) If anyone needs a quick G read, I'm willing to donate pdfs or ecopies of my book, "The Glass Ceiling." Just 215 pages. ;)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Just send me a message!

message 36: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I've gone ahead and shifted things. That way, we get more points out of The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3) by Marie Rutkoski .

message 37: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I'm also checking to see if we can shift more books around

message 38: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments We can get 11 more points if we shift things around

message 39: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments If Amber finishes her books in time for the challenge, we should jump to either third or second place.

I'm focusing on books that bring in more points as well, reading an F right now

message 40: by Dana (new)

Dana | 893 comments i switched the girl from nowhere to the raven boys as my last book since the other one was super boring.

message 41: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments That's okay! I'll try to finish two more books before the end of the challenge

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.