What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Exposure
This topic is about Exposure
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romantic suspense. A woman is in hiding from an abusive spouse. Book setting is maybe an island in the northwest, or maybe northeast. A sheriff or police chief helps her. I believe the woman has a child. [s]

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (last edited Apr 28, 2014 07:28PM) (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments A woman is in hiding from an abusive spouse. Book setting is maybe an island in the northwest, or maybe northeast. A sheriff or police chief helps her. I believe the woman has a child. Romantic Suspense. This book was one of the first of this type of book. Read the book years ago and would like to reread it.

message 2: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Freedom (neigh) | 249 comments Could it be Safe Haven?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments It is similar, but came out way before SAFE HAVEN.

message 4: by bb. (new)

bb. (magnumopus) | 92 comments Probably not it but...Don't Tell by Karen Rose.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments That is also similar, but is not it.

message 6: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments I suggest you add some of the details of the plot to the title of this thread. Most every post is by someone who knows the plot of a book but needs the title. Any details in the title may jog the memory of someone who does not read every single post.

Good luck finding your book!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen. Her abusive husband is a cop in New York and she flees to Florida.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments I bought this book a few minutes ago. It is not the one. However, it seems like a good book. I am grateful for the help.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Anne wrote: " Read the book years ago an..."

How many years ago? 10? 20? 40?

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena | 56 comments Do you remember if the author was male or female? Any of the character's names? Did the woman have children? Was the book a romance, or more a suspense book with romance thrown in?

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments Female. Suspense with romance thrown in. I read this in the 1980s or 1990s.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1) by Nora Roberts ?

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments I have read the Nora Roberts book. That is not the one.

message 14: by Amber (Daisymau) (last edited Apr 30, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1126 comments Exposureby Susan Andersen?
Forever After by Catherine Anderson?

Edited to say that Exposure was published in 1996 and Forever After in 1998.

message 15: by Amber (Daisymau) (last edited Apr 30, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1126 comments s

message 16: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments Rose Madder? It has most of these elements, though in a slightly different arrangement (the cop is the abusive husband, not the man who helps her).

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tabler | 25 comments could it be a BJ Daniels book

message 18: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments Amber, you are good. The book is Exposure. Thank you so very much.

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne W. | 22 comments Solved

message 20: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1126 comments You're welcome. I downloaded Exposure and am reading it now.