The Challenge Factory discussion

♦SSS Archives♦ > R3: Onederful Ones (1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 173 (173 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jenne (last edited Apr 23, 2014 06:49AM) (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments Captain: Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔
Sue
Wanda
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~

description

message 2: by Jenne (last edited Apr 19, 2014 06:22AM) (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments Dice Roll (1 die on Thursdays & Sundays US Central Time)
Time Zone Converter
Post Your Spot
Spreadsheet

message 3: by Jenne (last edited Apr 15, 2014 07:57AM) (new)

message 4: by Jenne (last edited Jun 04, 2014 05:40AM) (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments The alternates:
Each number corresponds with the spot on the board.
For colors: The cover has to be at least 50%
For locations: As long as the book takes part at all in the given location .
For Shelves: Any book on the given shelf
For Publication Years: I'll be using how GR has it's publication date listed.
For Authors Names: The first, middle, or last name of the author is ok.
For Titles: Only the first word of the title. A, An, And, and The do not count.
So if the letter is B: The Best Day would be ok. Dear Betty would not be ok.

1. Location: China
2. Author: K
3. Color: Green
4. 2005
5. Re-reads
6. Title: H
7. Location: Louisiana
8. Author: P
9. Color: White
10. 2010
11. Challenge
12. Title: B
13. Location: France
14. Author: E
15. Color: Blue
16. 2003
17. Owned-Ebook
18. Title: N
19. Location: New Mexico
20. Author: G
21. Color: Purple
22. 2012
23. 2-Stars
24. Title: W
25. Location: Kansas
26. Author: S
27. Color: Pink
28. 2004
29. May-Read
30. Title: C
31. Location: New York
32. Author: A
33. Color: Black
34. 2013
35. My-Bookcase
36. Title: D
37. Location: Italy
38. Author: R
39. Color: Yellow
40. 2007
41. Top-Books
42. Title: K
43. Location: Oregon
44. Author: L
45. Color: Red
46. 2009
47. purchased
48. Title: M
49. Location: England
50. Author: J
51. Color: Gray/Silver
52. 2002
53. Lol
54. Title: R
55. Location: Florida
56. Author: F
57. Color: Orange
58. 2008
59. Paperback
60. Title: P
61. Location: Massachusetts
62. Author: C
63. Color: Green
64. 2011
65. Modern
66. Title: E
67. Location: California
68. Author: T
69. Color: Red
70. 2014
71. Maybe
72. Title: S
73. Location: Texas
74. Author: W
75. Color: White
(view spoiler)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2133 comments Hello fellow teammates! Super excited to play this again! I know that I don't want to be captain. Here are my ideas for team name:

One for the road
One for the win
One Rockin' Readers

message 6: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Hi Everyone! It is good to see you all. I would prefer not being captain but if nobody else wants to do it I can. I'm not great at coming up with names. The only thing I can come up with is "The Oneders"

message 7: by Sue (last edited Apr 15, 2014 09:42AM) (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Hi team,

I am so ready to start.... lol I don't want to be captain and I like the Onodera name.....I don't think it has been used yet....

message 8: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 278 comments Well, I too do not want to be captain, I vote that Jennifer our own Princess Penguin be our captain. I am sure she has a special touch with the dice! I am happy with any name and think that Jennifer should be allowed to make the choice for name. Looking forward to playing with all of you!

message 9: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I am also for Jennifer for captain and the name oneders

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Start at midnight tonight...... Yay!!!!!!!

message 11: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments I was thinking last night while I should have been asleep and I thought of another name which I like more..."Onderful Ones" what do you guys think?

I am in the Eastern time zone so that means I will have to stay up til 1 am to start at midnight. That shouldn't be a problem most nights (I tend to be a night owl) but I'll try and let you know if I'm going to have to post later.

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I for 1, rarely look for new roll till morning about 7.... Unless it a rough night and my insomnia is bothering me.....

message 13: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments I'm not much of a morning person :)

message 14: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Apr 17, 2014 11:25AM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2133 comments I like the new name Jennifer. I'm more of a night owl myself.

message 15: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Ok Team, I rolled a 5. You can read the 5th book in a series or a book on the Re-reads shelf

message 16: by Jennifer H (last edited Apr 16, 2014 10:11PM) (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments I'll be reading After the Night by Linda Howard It is shelfed twice on the re-reads shelf

message 17: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Apr 17, 2014 08:54PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2133 comments Space 5
Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian by Lara Adrian
Finished:4/17/14
Rating:4 Stars
Review:Nikolai "Niko" Mayevskyj is a Breed Warrior in The Order sent to search for Gen One vampire named Sergei Yakut. He's having no luck until mystery woman suddenly leaves. Renata is tasked with making sure mystery person is captured. Renata only wants to protect Mira from Sergei. Someone is murdering Gen One vampires but who. Your answers await you in Veil of Midnight.

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I will read The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning 5th in series.

message 19: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Great book Angie.... I'm reading that series also but I read that book a couple weeks ago....I'm on 6 now, no help here....lol

message 20: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 278 comments Love the name Jennifer!

message 21: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 278 comments Great role, Jennifer!
I will be reading the 5th in a series.

Spot 1

No One to Trust by Iris Johansen by Iris Johansen

Completed:
Rating:
Review:

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2133 comments Sue wrote: "I will read The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning 5th in series."

I finished that series last year and loved it.

message 23: by Sue (last edited Apr 18, 2014 05:59AM) (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Spot 1

The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

Completed:4/18/2014
Rating:4 stars
Review: I love this series and plan on reading more of it....
Journey to a world of ancient magic, breathtaking sensuality, thrilling time-travel.... Journey to the world of The Dark Highlander. Crisscrossing the continents and the centuries, here is a novel as gripping as it is sensual, an electrifying adventure that will leave you breathless....

I am Dageus MacKeltar, a man with one good conscience and thirteen bad ones, driven to sate my darkest desires

From his penthouse lair high above Manhattan, Dageus looks out over a glittering city that calls to the darkness within him. A sixteenth-century Scot trapped between worlds, he is fighting a losing battle with the thirteen Druids who possess his soul, dooming him to an eternity of sexual pursuit. When Chloe Zanders, student of antiquities, is drawn into his world, she finds the insatiable alpha male an irresistible lure.Before long, she is caught up in an ancient prophecy that will sweep her back into time to medieval Scotland. Plunged into a world of timeless magic and dark seduction, she will soon face the challenge of a lifetime: fighting thirteen evil spirits for the heart of one irresistible man....

message 24: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Nice job, Sue!!

message 25: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Thank you Jennifer

message 26: by Wanda (last edited Apr 19, 2014 04:24PM) (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 278 comments Spot 1- Space 5

Oops looks like the book I chose was not #5 in a series so I am replacing it.

Prince Of Fire (Gabriel Allon, #5) by Daniel Silva by Daniel Silva

Completed: 4/19/14
Rating: *****
Review Wanda's Review

message 27: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments How are you doing on your book Jennifer? New roll tonight,:)

message 28: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments I'm done. I'll get everything together in just a bit :)

message 29: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Cool , love it when team is done early:)

message 30: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Roll #1
Space #5

After the Night by Linda Howard
After the Night by Linda Howard
Alternate: Re-reads
Finished: 4/19/14
Rating: ♥♥♥♥

I have always enjoyed reading Linda Howard's books, they are generally a hot, sexy read that provides some great entertainment. This story-line wasn't as great as most of her books, but it wasn't really bad either...I guess I just felt that it was a little flat when compared to her other stories.
If you've never read a Howard book you'll enjoy this, but be sure to check out here other works as well, you won't be disappointed!

message 31: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I like Linda Howard's book

message 32: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Roll #1: 5
Space #5

Angie: Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Review
Sue: The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Review
Wanda: Prince Of Fire (Gabriel Allon, #5) by Daniel Silva Review
Jennifer: After the Night by Linda Howard Review

message 33: by Jennifer H (last edited Apr 19, 2014 10:02PM) (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Ok Team, I rolled another 5. We are now on space 10. You can read the 1st book in a series or a standalone or a book published in 2010.

message 34: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Apr 22, 2014 10:55PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2133 comments Space 10~ 1st book in series
Netherworld (The Chronicles of Diana Furnaval, #1) by Lisa Morton by Lisa Morton
Finished:4/22/14
Review:Lady Diana Furnaval makes it her mission to close gateways also known as netheroworld since her husband's passing. Diana along with her faithful cat Mina and her Cantonese friend Yi-kin are closing gateways which creates many enemies for the trio. The mysterious Stephen Chappell interest in Diana is curious. All your questions will be answered in Netherworld.

message 35: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I will read 1st in series Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy

message 36: by Wanda (last edited Apr 22, 2014 04:26PM) (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 278 comments I will read a stand alone

The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal

Completed:4/22/14
Rating:*****
Review:Wanda's Review

message 37: by Sue (last edited Apr 21, 2014 08:43AM) (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Space 10~ 1st book in series
Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy
Finished:4/21/2014
Rating:4stars
Review: I loved this book and can't wait for the next one....I so missed the BDB series when I finished it and this one takes up where it left......lol

Sergeant Duncan O’Conner has seen it all before. A beautiful erotic dancer is found murdered in her home—no suspect, no motive. But there’s one clue: she’s missing her heart. It’s enough to make the hard-bitten Kansas City cop enlist the help of a necro—one of the dead-channeling freaks who live in the domed city of nearby Valhalla. It’s a long shot, but desperate crimes call for desperate measures.

Unlike the other “high-bloods” in Valhalla, Callie Brown considers her abilities a gift, not a curse. But when she reads the dancer’s final thoughts, she senses a powerful presence blocking her vision. This is no ordinary homicide. This is the work of a legendary necromancer who controls souls. A ravenous force that will put Callie’s skills to the test, O’Conner’s career at risk, and both their hearts on the line…literally.

message 38: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments WTG, Sue!!

message 39: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Thank you Jennifer :)

message 40: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments Y'all earned you're free pass last roll, congrats, it's there if you need it.

message 41: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Thank you jenne

message 42: by Jennifer H (last edited Apr 23, 2014 09:59AM) (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Roll 2
Space 10

Deep Freeze (Northwest, #1) by Lisa Jackson
Deep Freeze by Lisa Jackson
Finished: 4/23/14
Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Once again, Lisa Jackson has done a great job with her writing. I find all of her books to be great mysteries and they seem to go buy very fast!

message 43: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Roll #2: 5
Space #10

Angie: Netherworld (The Chronicles of Diana Furnaval, #1) by Lisa Morton Review
Wanda: The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal Review
Sue: Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Review
Jennifer: Deep Freeze (Northwest, #1) by Lisa Jackson Review

message 44: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Wtg Team!!

message 45: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Ok Team, I rolled a 3. We are now on space 13. You can read a 1st Book in a series, a 3rd Book in a series or a book Located in France

message 46: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Apr 25, 2014 09:41PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2133 comments Space 13~1st Book in a series
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter by Gena Showalter
Finished:4/25/14
Review:I know many of my GR friends have raved about this series but I didn't get it until now. Lords of Underworld rocks period. I love mythology and concept surrounding this series. Looking forward to my next reading adventure in this series.

message 47: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I will read Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1) by Yelena Black 1st in series.

message 48: by Wanda (last edited Apr 26, 2014 11:20AM) (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 278 comments I will read Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier by Kerstin Gier which is 3rd in the Ruby Red Trilogy.

Completed: 4/26/14
Rating: ****
Review: Wanda's Review

message 49: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Space 13~1st Book in a series
Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1) by Yelena Black
Finished:4/25/2014
Rating:4 stars
Review: I had mixed feelings on this book.....Though the starry line was good,it was alittle childish dealing with 15 yr olds and was rather long at parts....

Dancing with someone is an act of trust. Elegant and intimate; you're close enough to kiss, close enough to feel your partner's heartbeat. But for Vanessa, dance is deadly – and she must be very careful who she trusts . . .

Vanessa Adler attends an elite ballet school – the same one her older sister, Margaret, attended before she disappeared. Vanessa feels she can never live up to her sister's shining reputation. But Vanessa, with her glorious red hair and fair skin, has a kind of power when she dances – she loses herself in the music, breathes different air, and the world around her turns to flames . . .

Soon she attracts the attention of three men: gorgeous Zep, mysterious Justin, and the great, enigmatic choreographer Josef Zhalkovsky. When Josef asks Vanessa to dance the lead in the Firebird, she has little idea of the danger that lies ahead – and the burning forces about to be unleashed . . .

message 50: by Jennifer H (last edited Apr 26, 2014 01:16PM) (new)

Jennifer H | 801 comments Roll 3
Space 13

Diva (Flappers, #3) by Jillian Larkin
Diva by Jillian Larkin
3rd in Series
Finished: 4/26/14
Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

This book definitely met my expectations! It was just as thrilling and interesting as the last two books in her series. Of course, you should not get this one unless you've read the first two (since it is a series). Larkin is an exceptional writer and captures the flapper era well.

« previous 1 3 4