All About YA discussion

Archives > December Wrap Up!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by These Violent Delights (last edited Dec 22, 2015 10:34AM) (new)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
What have you read this month? I know a lot of people will be cramming as much books into their schedule as possible this month, since it is the last month of 2015! I know I will be!

I finished Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer & Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard this month, but I started them in November.

Started and Finished This Month:

Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi Enslaved by the Alpha Part Six by Viola Rivard The Guard (The Selection, #2.5) by Kiera Cass The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass Enslaved by the Alpha Part Seven by Viola Rivard

message 2: by Emily (last edited Jan 01, 2016 09:39AM) (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Definitely going to be reading a lot, especially with winter break coming! :)

Here's what I've read so far!
Books:
Believarexic by J.J. Johnson The Grownup by Gillian Flynn Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Soundless by Richelle Mead The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson, #1) by Caroline B. Cooney Night (The Night Trilogy, #1) by Elie Wiesel
Graphic Novels:
The Story of My Tits by Jennifer Hayden The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1 Squirrel Power by Ryan North Far Out Fairy Tales by Joey Comeau Blankets by Craig Thompson

I LOVED Believarexic and would highly recommend it! I read it for review from NetGalley and it was super interesting to me :) 5 stars from me!

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (meelz_xo) This month, I read:
Let It Snow by John Green Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1) by Victoria Aveyard The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han The Next Together by Lauren James A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah Finding Cassie Crazy (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2) by Jaclyn Moriarty Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton The Reader by Bernhard Schlink Crushed (Pretty Little Liars, #13) by Sara Shepard The Birthmark by Nathaniel Hawthorne Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) by R.L. Stine
I'm currently reading:
After We Collided (After, #2) by Anna Todd

message 4: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
So far:

This Raging Light by Estelle Laure Lost Stars (Journey to Star Wars The Force Awakens) by Claudia Gray Return of the Jedi Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Star Wars Episode VI) by Tom Angleberger The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Amelia wrote: "This month, I read:
Let It Snow by John GreenQueen Song (Red Queen, #0.1) by Victoria AveyardThe Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny HanThe Next Together by Lauren James[bookcover:A Christmas Carol|53..."

WHOA Amelia, you did amazing! Well done! :D

message 6: by Daisy (last edited Dec 29, 2015 03:27AM) (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I was in a reading slump this month, partly because of the holidays but mainly because I wasn't overly enjoying the three books I read this month.

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine Amphitrite the Bubbly (Goddess Girls #17) by Joan Holub

My best read of the month would probably be Amphitrite the Bubbly, and my worst was Prince of Shadows. The Song of Achilles was pretty good but not outstanding in my eyes. Hopefully I'll read a bit more next month, though I'm really happy I managed to get these three books finished!

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Angie wrote: "I read a lot more than I thought this month.

Stand-Off (Winger, #2) by Andrew Smith Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins [bookcover:Harry Potter and the Goblet of F..."

How was Lola and the Boy Next Door? I've kind of been putting it off. ;P

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Daisy wrote: "Angie wrote: "I read a lot more than I thought this month.

Stand-Off (Winger, #2) by Andrew Smith Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins [bookcover:Harry Potter and t..."

I personally loved Lola and the Boy Next Door :) I think the entire series is adorable. I hope you end up liking it when you read it!

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Oh well I liked Anna when I read it but recently I just keep thinking about all the stuff I didn't like about it. I'm kind of hoping Lola will be better but everyone seems to have different opinions on which is the best of the series. That's encouraging though, thanks guys!

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Manveer wrote: "ワンパンマン 1 Onepunch-Man 1  by ONEBatman Year One by Frank MillerAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenDragon Ball Super Vol 1 (Dragon Ball Super, #1) by Akira Toriyama[bookcover:Dash & Lily's Book of..."

Great reading month Manveer!

message 12: by Manveer (new)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Robin wrote: " Great reading month Manveer! "

Yes! It was the winter break, so had lots of free time at hand :)

message 13: by Tasya (new)

Tasya Dita (giselatasya) | 35 comments Last month I read Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver The Medici Dagger by Cameron West Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee William Shakespeare's Star Wars Verily, A New Hope (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #4) by Ian Doescher The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 14: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Angie wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Oh well I liked Anna when I read it but recently I just keep thinking about all the stuff I didn't like about it. I'm kind of hoping Lola will be better but everyone seems to have dif..."

I've heard that too but I've also heard it was terrible, haha. People seem very split about this series!