The Very Omnibus Bookclub! discussion

Book Discussions > Monthly Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) | 717 comments Mod
What did you read this month? What do you recommend? Not recommend?

message 2: by Katelyn (new)

My November wrap up:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer -Read it and loved it! You all know I highly recommend this series to everyone. I can't handle that it's pretty much over. *sobs*
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell -I absolutely loved this book as well! I loved Fangirl so this one was a no-brainer. I loved seeing Simon and Baz come to life.
November 9 by Colleen Hoover -I love Colleen Hoover and this book was no different. While it wasn't my favorite of her books (Slammed, anyone?) it held my attention and I finished it fairly quickly. Still a solid 5-star read.
The Uninvited by Cat Winters -This one took me a little while to get through but the author is great and I really enjoyed the writing.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 248 comments I just finished Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning after a friend's recommendation of the first book in the series. It tried to start it at the beginning of the year but just couldn't push past the first page or two. Once I made the conscious push to really try reading it though, I really liked it, as I did the first book. Now I have to get the third one.
Still working on Winter...

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
I read Bad Girls Dont Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1) by Katie Alender witch was good and im just finishing up All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill witch is really good

message 5: by Katelyn (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I just finished Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning after a friend's recommendation of the first book in the series. It tried to start it at the beginning of the year but just couldn't push past the firs..."

I'll have to look into that one. It looks really good!

message 6: by Katelyn (new)

Sarah wrote: "I read Bad Girls Dont Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1) by Katie Alender witch was good and im just finishing up All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill witch is really good"

Ooh I liked Bad Girls Don't Die. I need to give All of Our Yesterdays a chance.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
Katelyn wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I read Bad Girls Dont Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1) by Katie Alender witch was good and im just finishing up All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill witch is really good"

Ooh I liked Bad Girls Don't Die...."

It was good but not awesome

message 8: by Katelyn (new)

My December Wrap-up:
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman -I enjoyed reading this one. It took me a bit to get into it but after about 200 pages, it became a very quick read. I thought the format was interesting too, being told through blog posts, emails, and files. 4 Stars.

All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1) by Lisa Mondello -I was craving a sweet, short Christmas romance and this one for free for kindle. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite but I finished it in a day and it was just what I needed. 3 stars.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven -This book was sad and happy and cute and heartbreaking all at once. 4 stars.

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon -I freaking loved this book and highly recommend it. Even though I guessed the ending, how it all came about was great! It does end rather abruptly but I left pretty satisfied. 5 stars.

Through the Woods by Emily Carroll -One of my first graphic novels and I loved it. It was super creepy yet intriguing and I loved the artwork. 5 stars.

Five Nights at Freddy's The Silver Eyes by Scott Cawthon -This book was so creepy! It was great to get some backstory on the games though. -4 stars.

message 9: by Katelyn (new)

So I didn't read much in January as I had a lot of sad family stuff I won't bore you with. This is what I did read:
Night Film by Marisha Pessl -I freaking loved this book. I loved the style, the pictures, the freaking app, and everything else. It was brilliant. 5 stars.
Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin -I really liked this one. It was interesting and fun. 4 stars
This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp -I really enjoyed this one. It was sad and kept me on my toes. 4 stars.
Till Death Do Us Part (April Lancaster, #1) by Lurlene McDaniel -this was a re-read. I read it probably 10 years ago when I was obsessed with the author. I've decided to go back and read some of my teen favorites and that's why I went with this one. Sad yet sweet, I gave it 4 stars.

message 10: by Katelyn (new)

February wrap-up:
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom -I loved this book. It was a beautiful and enjoyable story. 5 stars
What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler -This was a hard book to read but such a great one. Dark topics but it was done so well. I really liked the main character and you really get to see her grow throughout it. 5 stars.
The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey -This was one of those rare books where I enjoyed the movie more than the book. The book jumped around a lot and didn't build up the relationships like the movie did. 3 stars
Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes - This book was sweet and sad and gave me all the feels. 5 stars
For Better, For Worse, Forever (April Lancaster, #2) by Lurlene McDaniel -This was a re-read of one of my favorite books as a teen. I was obsessed with this author and decided to go back and re-read some of her books. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed it and it was quick and easy and sad. 4 stars.
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis -I read this a month too late but I'm glad I did. It was creepy but I also found it strangely confusing and kind of dull. 3 stars.
Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer -I don't think I need to explain why I loved this one. 5 stars.
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson -I loved this book. It was creepy and interesting and that ending though! 5 stars.

message 11: by Katelyn (new)

March wrap-up:
Miracles from Heaven A Little Girl, Her Journey to Heaven, and Her Amazing Story of Healing by Christy Beam -I really enjoyed this book. I didn't really know what it was about before I started reading it but picked it up because it's going to be a movie. Great decision. It was a fast and positive read. 5 stars.
The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout -Holy crap, I loved this book!! It is free on Wattpad and is by Jennifer Armentrout (one of my favorite authors). Now it is super creepy but so satisfying. I highly suggest it. 5 stars.
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas -I loved Throne of Glass and this one seemed to do it justice as a sequel. It was faced paced with some new twists. I'm excited to continue on with the series. 5 stars.
Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica - I enjoyed this one but wouldn't really call it a thriller. I was just expecting something different. 3 stars.
In Real Life by Jessica Love -I freaking loved this one! This was one that I finished in one sitting. 5 stars.
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad -This book was so freaking creepy! I loved it. It is probably the creepiest book I've ever read. 4 stars.
Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #1) by Cassandra Clare -I read books 2-7 in March and I have loved them all so far. They all got rated between 4 and 5 stars. If you've read the Mortal Instruments series, I highly suggest this one. You get to follow Simon and see many characters from both Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices.