Start by marking “Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #1)

Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy

(Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  20,264 Ratings  ·  2,082 Reviews
After living as a Mundane and a Vampire, Simon never thought he would become a Shadowhunter, but today he begins his training at Shadowhunter Academy.
Published February 17th 2015 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy, please sign up.
Cat From Cassie's tumblr:
From Cassie's tumblr:
"Shadowhunter Academy will definitely be “a book.” I don’t have a publication date for it, but I would guess it would follow roughly the same timeline as the Bane Chronicles since it’s a very similar project."

The last Bane Chronicles ebook was released in March 2014, the whole book was published in November (8 months later) and the last 'Simon' ebook is scheduled for November 2015 so fingers crossed that we'll get the whole Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy mid 2016 (July/August?).
(less)
Rebecca Right now you can read this for free at pulseit.com if you sign up. It's free to sign up and the site is run by Simon and Schuster (the publisher) but…moreRight now you can read this for free at pulseit.com if you sign up. It's free to sign up and the site is run by Simon and Schuster (the publisher) but it's only up there for a limited time. (less)

Sasha Alsberg
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
People say that this tale isn't the best out of the bunch and if that's so, The Shadowhunter Academy must be fan-flipping-tastic (I mean of course it is going to be since it's written by Cassie & Sarah & Maureen)!!!
Zoë
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
SIMON I LOVE YOU! Going to get to the next novella ASAP
Yonaily
Jun 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
updated: 06/27/14

WE HAVE THE TITLE!!!!

Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy

This one goes after CoHF, right? I can't believe it. Simon.... my baby is gonna be a Shadowhunter.

My emotions are out of control right now.

I need this, I want this more than anything.

YEAH!!!! I AM SO EXCITED.

Please, Cassandra, give us more details and a release date and the book!!!

I don't care if people think Cassie is going too far.
Nasty Lady MJ
Aug 29, 2014 marked it as ca-ching
Recommends it for: Suckers Who Normal Suckers Laugh At

WTF Clare?

Another one.

Will you ever stop?

I'm starting to wonder if this is an addiction. Do you need to go to Shadowhunter rehab?

Booknut
Okay...so the book focuses on Simon.
meh photo: meh joker mehjoker.gif
Simon being the main character was probably one of the few highlights for me in what was otherwise a very 'meh' book.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, let me explain:
- Meh refers to ice-cream that isn't blow-your-mind yummy but isn't disgusting either
- It can be used to talk about that one relative of yours you only see at the annual family BBQ
- It's the word Harry Potter fans use to describe characters like Ernie Macmillan or Hannah Abbott
description

I said I wouldn't let Cassandra screw me over again, yet here I am.

So, let me tell you I was absolutely happy when Cassie announced these short stories were coming out because we were going to see how Simon may become a Shadowhunter if he survives the Ascend.
description

Anyhow, here we see how Simon struggles with not remembering everything that happened and we also see how difficult is for everyone else. They, who love him so much and expect him to remember a little more everyday, but that doesn't happen a
Maureen
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! Mostly I just love Simon a lot because Simon is the best.
I would definitely not want to go to Shadowhunter Academy at this point tho, it seems intense and also terrifying.
Katerina
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
“He had to escape. He had to go and become a hero, the way he had been once.”

Oh my sweet, dorky Simon.
Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy brought back all the bitterness and hurt City of Heavenly Fire provoked, but it wasn't (that much) sad and frustrating. It's true that I am all too eager to find out the person Simon became after the events that took place in Edom, but by the Angel what I really wanted was the trademark Simon sassiness and his witty retorts! This novel offered lots of fun, ple
Natalie Monroe
Jun 09, 2014 marked it as never-ever-ever-reading-this
Oh, goody, more Shadowhunter books!

I remember reading a review (can't remember which sadly) where the person stated the next thing we know Cassie will be writing a book about Simon's time as a rat. Well, looky here.

Anastasia
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.75/5 stars
Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy was the first novella in Cassandra Clare's new bind up. I really enjoyed the take on the shadowhunter world from Simon's point of view. I can tell the new, and old, cast of characters are going to mold together perfectly. They all have such unique personalities that play off of each others really well. There were a couple of awkwardly worded scenes and dialogue that didn't flow, but other than that it was beautiful. I recommend starting this coll
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"My previous riding experience is the carousel at Central Park, forgive me for not being Mr. Darcy!"

"Mi experiencia previa montando es en el carrusel de Central Park, ¡perdóname por no ser el Sr. Darcy!"

¡Ya era hora de que volviera al Shadoworld! Llevaba cuatro años sin leer nada de Cassie, madre mía. Y, si soy sincera, Simon no es mi personaje favorito y me desespera un poco, así que no se imaginan las ganas que tenía de leer diez relatos centrados en él, jajaja. Ahora, cuando te dicen que para
Andie
I have missed this world!!
Lucy Qhuay
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series/author

Well, this was awesome and heartbreaking and funny and bittersweet, all at the same time.

Simon feeling all that, not knowing why and wanting to escape from all the pain was the saddest thing, but I'm sure he's going to find himself again. Maybe not the person he used to be exactly, but the one he wants to be.

So, if you're a TMI fan, read this soon. I'm so looking forward to the other short stories, particularly The Lost Herondale. Hurry up, time! :)

---------

MORE CASSIE!

I'm so freaking excited I
Emma Giordano
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
UM NO WHAT THIS CAN'T BE OVER. I FINISHED THIS IN LIKE 20 MINUTES WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE MONTH FOR THE NEXT ONE. WHAT. I AM SO PISSED. NO WORDS. BUT IT WAS AMAZING OK OK OK
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

“None of this is fair. It isn't fair that part of your life was ripped from you. It's not fair that you were ripped away from me. I'm so angry Simon.”

ISABELLE AND SIMON :3

description

aww so many feelings comes to me with the reading this novel, the memories of the first time I read City of Bones.!

As I love the world of Shadowhunters!

This novel is great !, a very good start, where we know the Shadowhunters Academy and Simon's initiation on that world. Where I can see again that wonderful personality th
☣Lynn☣
Jun 10, 2014 marked it as nope

Seriously, this is getting out of control!
Veronika
Jun 07, 2014 marked it as no-thanks
description

Why does she keep doing this to us? And the question is, do we really need more books in the Shadowhunter univers?

Actually I am not a hater, I started off liking the Shadowhunter books but as time went buy I found a lot of clichés and boring parts in them. Now, you must think that I'm going to send CC to hell and all that crap but actually, no.

I read Vacations from Hell, which is a book full of short stories about how a holiday can go bad, and Clare wrote a novella in it. Surprise, surprise I
Angelina
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was an amazing start, I enjoyed it so much!

It was hilarious and heartbreaking and I really get to see how Simon cope with what happened to him after then ending of the mortal instruments... Don't worry no spoilers.

When Simon Said:

He did not know the warrior ways of being bros.

I was like:

He had so many hilarious lines...

And George... Let me tell you he was Scottish and I listened to it on audiobook.

In general, the plot wasn't something huge, I don't think it had it was rather an intro
Annabella
Jun 10, 2014 marked it as to-read
Oh, by the Angel. I finished CoHF two days ago and now I find this and all I can say is: whatever complaining will come with, I'm in. It's Simon you guys
Pinky
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why, but recently, I have had a thing for nouvellas. Back in the day when I first started reading, I loved reading with physical books. I wasn't a huge fan of ebooks and reading online. And I still feel that way, but recently, I had no choice but to read on my phone because there are some short stories that haven't been released in a bind up. Or there are some really good books online that are not released in physical form. I really love The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devi ...more
Majo
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Primera reacción:

I just need this!

Después de leerlo:
Simon es un amor, pero la trama... meh. Más de lo mismo.

Alexa ❤️
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars - Wishing I got a shadow hunter academy invitation just as much as I want a Hogwarts letter!

I just love reading about the shadow hunter world and after City of Heavenly Fire it's great to catch up with Simon again. I love his nerdy sense of humour like weeping Angel jokes!
I'm glad to see that even though he's lost the majority of his memories that his personality has remained the same.
I jut love the SIzzy ship and hope they fully work things out soon!
Also enjoying reading about Simon
Liam
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this made me realise how much I have missed Simon Lewis... He's literally such a dork and super genuine and funny, I love him so much and just want to be his friend really!

This story was really great and actually gave me Harry Potter vibes due to the whole Academy and lessons thing and I loved it! I am well and truly already in love with George to be honest and I'm so excited to see where this series goes!!
Carolina Carriço
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! I specially adored seeing everyone again. I missed them so, so much! I also really enjoyed seeing the Academy and how it works or how it tries to work.

Catarina has confusing me at first but then she became the warlock I remembered! George surprised me, I ended up really liking him, I can see him and Simon being very good friends. The rest of the students were okay.

Simon... I just want him to get his memories back or make peace with the fact that we won't ever be the guy he
grace
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
SIMON. I love him so much
Christine Delilah (Maramochabooks)
This was a good introduction, I'm glad Simon is still him when it comes to morals and beliefs! Definitely a must read for Simon or Sizzy fans that were left heartbroken after CoHF.

Can't wait to see what else this mini series has in store!
Maria Kaye
Oct 22, 2014 marked it as never-ever-everrr
LOL

I thought 5 shadowhunter series was enough.

Apparently it wasn't.
Thibaut Nicodème
Sep 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: snark
Full review on my blog, the Snark Theater.

So…this was on the verge of getting two-stars for being an unnecessary story about a character I don't like which undid said character's sacrifice and thus most of the consequences we had for City of Heavenly Fire at all. Because aside from the context, it starts out pretty okay. It's basically Mean Girls with Shadowhunters. And less witty.

But then the book kind of forgets that, in Mean Girls, the protagonist isn't in a school that will make her join the
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good start to a new chapter in the Shadowhunter World. A tad bit slow, but an interesting start and introduction to the Shadowhunter Academy nonetheless. I can really see these novellas taking off.

I was devastated about what happened to Simon by the end of City of Heavenly Fire but I'm glad things are starting to turn around for him.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Simon's novellas will go. I love the new characters especially George Lovelace. He's an absolute sweethear
Seeker of dreams
I want this more than anything. I need it now!! And I will be happy, very happy.

(view spoiler)
What do you think about Simon in Shadowhunter Academy? 1 1 Dec 25, 2016 03:26AM
The books with looks: Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy #1) 19 22 Jun 14, 2015 04:20PM
Tales From The Sh...: Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy 21 34 Mar 19, 2015 05:16AM
Simon Lewis. 1 13 Feb 27, 2015 07:02PM
The Mortal Instru...: Simon Lewis. 1 38 Feb 27, 2015 06:57PM
ebook serial too expensive 3 37 Feb 19, 2015 10:26PM
  • The Moment (Lila, #0.6)
  • The Mortal Heart (Beautiful Creatures: The Untold Stories, #1)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Not for Humans
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Die Once More (Revenants, #3.5)
  • Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Falling for an Angel (Falling, #1)
  • Nachtland (Die Seiten der Welt, #2)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Eternity (The Fury Trilogy, #3)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
  • The Lost Herondale (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #2)
  • The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)
  • Nothing but Shadows (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy, #4)
  • The Evil We Love (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #5)
  • Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #6)
  • Bitter of Tongue (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #7)
  • The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #8)
  • Born to Endless Night (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #9)
  • Angels Twice Descending (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Six Scary Stories
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Rite of Passage
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I am here to determine my relationship."
Simon goggled. She couldn't be talking about him. Could she?
"Do you see that man?" Isabelle asked, pointing at Simon. Apparently she was talking about him. "That's Simon Lewis, and he is my boyfriend. So if any of you think about trying to hurt him because he's a mundie or--may the Angel have mercy on your soul--pursuing him romantically, I will come after you, I will hunt you down and I will crush you to powder.”
140 likes
“Simon," Isabelle interrupted, "you're talking like a nerd."
She said it almost fondly, but it freaked Simon out more. "And I don't know how to be smooth, sexy vampire Simon for you, either!"
Isabelle's perfect mouth curved, like a dark half-moon in her pale face. "You were never that smooth, Simon."
"Oh," said Simon. "Oh, thank God. I know you've had a lot of boyfriends. I remember that was a faerie, and"--another flash of memory, this time most unwelcome--"a...Lord Montgomery? You dated a member of the nobility? How am I ever going to compete with that?"
Isabelle still looked fond, but it was diluted with a good deal of impatience. "You're Lord Montgomery, Simon!”
93 likes