What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Witch type book [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lena (new)

Lena Zhu | 62 comments Hi. My friend recommended me a book that she liked a lot and I forgot the full name of the title. It had something to do with magic. The girl is a dark arts witch and she has this curse. I think the only person that know is her cousin or friend who is a guy. Something happens and they have to go back in time (or to the future) to discover how to get rid of the curse and when/who it had started with. I think the book title also has the word "magic" in it (either spelled that way or like "magick"). I think it also has a little romance in it, too.

Lol. I am sorry that this is a very bad description of the book. I hope you can find it.

message 2: by Fullfaun (new)

Fullfaun Faun Do you happen to remember what country or state/province that it is set it?

Is it geared toward Young adult?

What is the main theme of the book?
Is she fighting against the Good buys or the bad guys?
are there Vampires, other such stuff in the book?

Does she join a group of 'others' that polices the 'other' population?

message 3: by Lena (new)

Lena Zhu | 62 comments I don't remember what country or state/province that it is set in.
I believed that it was geared towards young adult. I would like to assume so.
I am not entirely sure, but I think that the main theme of the book is fantasy, magic, and a little bit of romance.
I don't think there is a good guy or bad guy that she is fighting, but she is most likely fighting against herself because she is trying to get rid of her curse with her guy friend.
... I have no idea what that means.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Any chance you can contact your friend?

message 5: by Lsophia (last edited Dec 01, 2015 09:15PM) (new)

Lsophia | 153 comments This is a super long-shot, but The Wizard of Seattle by Kay Hooperhas a time-traveling pair in it, who go back to reverse a long-standing prohibition/curse.

More than just a little romance in it, though.

message 6: by Lena (new)

Lena Zhu | 62 comments I am no exactly sure if the wizard book is the book.
@Lobstergirl, I am going to meet her today and ask her.

message 7: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia is about a witch with a curse, but I don't know how well the rest fits.

message 8: by Lena (new)

Lena Zhu | 62 comments I have actually tried reading that series before. It's okay. But I think that the title has the word "magick" (spelled that way, I believe) in it.

message 9: by Merrilee (new)

Merrilee (jrsygrl626) | 189 comments You're description reminds me of Once Upon a Curse from the Frog Princess series, but it's the third book in that particular series.

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena Zhu | 62 comments Merrilee wrote: "You're description reminds me of Once Upon a Curse from the Frog Princess series, but it's the third book in that particular series."

Sounds interesting. I'll definitely look it up.

message 11: by Lena (new)

Lena Zhu | 62 comments Old Magic

My friend found the book.