The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2015 > Winter Challenge 2015: Questions/Problems in Completed Tasks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 461 (461 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17487 comments Mod
Questions or problems with completed task posts will be posted here.

If you have questions about your points on the Readerboard:

1. Make sure that the Readerboard has been updated through the post that you are concerned about.
2. Please check your math.
3. Check to see if one of your posts is listed in this thread with a question. If so, please make a NEW POST in the Completed tasks thread to clear up the question. DO NOT go back and edit the original post. I will not go backwards in the completed task thread to pick up points.
4. To avoid further questions/problems, please refer to the TASK DESCRIPTIONS and the POSTING REQUIREMENTS.

Thank you for helping keep the record keeping for the challenge as manageable as possible.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

Maya post 6

Task 10.10 FYI
Task 10.10 is a page number task. ebooks without a print edition cannot be used for tasks requiring a specific number of pages. If you read an ebook, listen to an audiobook or read a Large Print edition use the page count for the mass market paperback if one exists. If there is no mass market paperback edition, use the paperback edition and if no paperback is available use the hardcover edition. Please review Rule 7 how to determine page numbers.
This task has been recorded as the MMP still works for the task.

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

Maya post 40

Task 5.1 requires "a book that shows a person wearing hat on the cover." There's a hat, but no person

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

Enaria post 45

Task 10.10 Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4: Aged Thirteen And Three Quarters
The genre childrens is present on the main page.
genres at review:
Fiction 379 users
Young Adult 308 users
Humor 191 users
Humor > Comedy 75 users
Childrens 64 users
Humor > Funny 53 users
Contemporary 44 users
European Literature > British Literature 43 users
Young Adult > Teen 33 users
Diary 30 users
See top shelves..

From posting requirements
If your book has the genre "childrens" or "kids" on its main page, it must meet the criteria specified in the Rules of the Challenge. AR Bookfinder information MUST be posted when the book is claimed for points or no points will be awarded (You can copy the AR BookFinder ratings)
ex.Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
IL: MG - BL: 7.3 - AR Pts: 17.0
To repost, please make a NEW post in the Completed Task thread and include only this task

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15684 comments Mod
Shelley UT post 43

Goodreads Author tickets are no longer awarded. They have been replaced with:
20.4 GOLDEN OLDIES - Players may earn a ticket for each book FIRST published in or before 1950. A random ticket will be drawn from the ticket pool to determine who creates this task. Challenge finishers are not eligible for the drawing. Players must specifically request a ticket in the post by claiming "Golden Oldie" and stating the original publication year. See the current season's Posting Requirements for more information.

message 6: by puppitypup (last edited Dec 07, 2015 12:32AM) (new)

puppitypup | 272 comments Sandy,

I think my tally on the readerboard may be short by 10 points. Would you mind taking a look?

It's probably in post 73, that's where all my 10 pointers were posted.

Thank you!

Julie

message 7: by Dlmrose (new)

puppitypup wrote: "Sandy,

I think my tally on the readerboard may be short by 10 points. Would you mind taking a look?

It's probably in post 73, that's where all my 10 pointers were posted.

Thank you!

Julie"

Found and fixed, sorry about that. It will appear in the next update

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Wayne post 137

Golden Oldies tickets are awarded based on the date that the book was first published - your book appears to have been first published in 1889. If you want to claim a Golden Oldies ticket, you can post to specifically claim it, including all required info. If you do, please indicate at the top of your post that you are posting to claim a GO ticket, so that Dlmrose will not need to evaluate your post again.

FYI, we base this on the book itself, not on the individual stories contained in a collection.

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Christine US post 171

20.4 GOLDEN OLDIES - Players may earn a ticket for each book FIRST published in or before 1950. A random ticket will be drawn from the ticket pool to determine who creates this task. Challenge finishers are not eligible for the drawing. Players must specifically request a ticket in the post by claiming "Golden Oldie" and stating the original publication year. See the current season's Posting Requirements for more information.

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Deedee post 178

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Andy P post 164

Just FYI
Please check your total

message 12: by Dlmrose (new)

Lindsey IL post 175

Task 20.3 requires " a book that is a minimum of 250 pages" and a memoir/autobiography. Selp-Helf is 231 pages

message 13: by Dlmrose (new)

Mary post 176

We have many Marys in the challenge. If you have a Readerboard name please repost and include it at the top of your post. If you need a Readerboard name, you may request one here This step gets you entered into the challenge records. Until this step is completed your completed tasks cannot be recorded.

Task 25.14 requires "one book or two books but the total pages read must be a minimum of 800 pages. "

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

Cynbaxter post 188

Task 5.8 Racism Explained to My Daughter The genre childrens is present on the main page.
genres at review:
Non Fiction 16 users
Cultural > France 10 users
Philosophy 4 users
Childrens 3 users
Politics 3 users
European Literature > German Literature 2 users
Writing > Essays 2 users
See top shelves..

If your book has the genre "childrens" or "kids" on its main page, it must meet the criteria specified in the Rules of the Challenge. AR Bookfinder information MUST be posted when the book is claimed for points or no points will be awarded (You can copy the AR BookFinder ratings)

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiabaxter) | 710 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Cynbaxter post 188

Task 5.8 Racism Explained to My Daughter The genre childrens is present on the main page.
genres at review:
Non Fiction 16 users
Cultural > France 10 users
Philos..."

It is not found on the AR BookFinder. While it may have Children as a genre - it is a book for adults in guiding them to speaking about racism to their children - it is not a book FOR children. I will repost with this explanation.

message 16: by Dlmrose (last edited Dec 10, 2015 04:16PM) (new)

Cynthia wrote: "Dlmrose wrote: "Cynbaxter posts 188 212

genres at review:
Non Fiction 16 users
Cultural > France..."

An explanation in a repost won't help. You may ask for a determination in Not Really For Kids Books or it may be used for 5.10

message 17: by Dlmrose (new)

Julia post 222

We have many Julias in the challenge. If you have a Readerboard name please repost and include it at the top of your post. If you need a Readerboard name, you may request one here

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Hina post 206

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Shelley UT post 220

message 20: by Sandy (new)

Deedee post 236

message 21: by Sandy (new)

Allison I post 252

message 22: by Dlmrose (new)

Cynbaxter post 289

Reposts must be complete including links

message 23: by Dlmrose (new)

EMurphy post 296

Task 30.1 option 3 One Child
The genre childrens is present on the main page.
genres at review:
Autobiography > Memoir 36 users
Biography 28 users
Non Fiction 9 users
Biography Memoir 9 users
Asian Literature > Indonesian Literature 8 users
Contemporary 7 users
Mental Health > Mental Illness 6 users
Childrens 6 users
Biography > Autobiography 6 users
Crime > True Crime 5 users
See top shelves..

message 24: by Dlmrose (new)

papermaker post 299

Completed task posts must include the task number. From what you have included it looks like task 20.4. Please confirm.

message 25: by Sandy (new)

EMurphy post 296

message 26: by Sandy (new)

BARBARA ★ post 301

message 27: by Dlmrose (new)

Wendy UK post 313

Just FYI
Please check your total

message 28: by Dlmrose (new)

Wayne posts 325

Task 25.9 requires " State which author is new to you."
Nadia Hashimi's GR profile does not indicate a diverse background. The task requires " If the author’s Goodreads data doesn’t indicate that she is a female with a diverse ethnic background, provide an outside verification link."
Please repost this task with the required information

message 29: by Wendy UK (new)

Wendy  UK (wendyuk) | 756 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Wendy UK post 313

Just FYI
Please check your total"

Yes - I realised in the middle of the night that I couldn't add up! I was just about to post and apologise.

Sorry!

message 30: by Sandy (new)

Book Concierge post 356

If you are claiming a BB ticket, you must say so in your post. A tally at the bottom of the post is not sufficient. If you repost to claim a BB ticket, please indicate the reason for reposting at the top of your post, so that Dlmrose will know that she doesn't need to do a substantive review.

message 31: by Sandy (new)

Johanna post 357

message 32: by Dlmrose (new)

Johanna post 357

Task 10.9 requires " State in your post that this book is new to you, not a re-read."

Please repost this task with the required information

message 33: by Dlmrose (new)

Johanna post 360

Please include the task number when you post

message 34: by Dlmrose (new)

Sara2 post 362

Task 25.16 book 2 Teaching The Boss appears to be an ebook without a print edition. You must have it approved for length in Ebook page verification in General Help.
Your post must include the line number of the approval in the ebook spreadsheet or a link/post number of the post in which the ebook was approved for length.

message 35: by Dlmrose (new)

Sara2 post 373

Task 20.1 option 1 Even Villains Fall In Love appears to be an ebook without a print edition. You must have it approved for length in Ebook page verification in General Help.
Your post must include the line number of the approval in the ebook spreadsheet or a link/post number of the post in which the ebook was approved for length.

message 36: by Dlmrose (new)

Lljones post 377

Task 10.3 Your link to Girl With a Pearl Earring goes to Dancing for the Monsoon. Goodreads made a major design change today. Did you format the link or did you use add book/author above the posting box?

message 37: by Dlmrose (new)

Narumon post 382

Task 25.14 requires "You may read one book or two books but the total pages read must be a minimum of 800 pages."
Your books total 618 pages

message 38: by Dlmrose (new)

Mary post 391

We have many Marys in the challenge. If you have a Readerboard name please repost and include it at the top of your post. If you need a Readerboard name, you may request one here

message 39: by Lljones (new)

Lljones Dlmrose wrote: "Lljones post 377

Task 10.3 Your link to Girl With a Pearl Earring goes to Dancing for the Monsoon. Goodreads made a major design change today. Did you format the link or did you use ad..."

No idea how that happened - I've never heard of Dancing for the Monsoon (I used add book/author link...). I've fixed the link in original post and reposted.

Darn it...I was hoping for a shot at Moderator's Pet award!!!

message 40: by Dlmrose (new)

Mimi Michele post 398

Task 30.7 requires " State that both books are new to you" Please repost this task with the required information

message 41: by Sandy (new)

BARBARA ★ post 412

message 42: by Sandy (new)

Allison I post 419

message 43: by Dlmrose (new)

Ava Catherine post 415

Task 10.9 requires "State in your post that this book is new to you, not a re-read." Please repost this task with the required information

message 44: by Dlmrose (new)

Sara2 post 442

The task A Reason to Party is task 15.10 not 5.10. I've credited it as 15.10. Please check your total
If you meant 5.10 - Pont Boieldieu in Rouen, Rainy Weather by Camille Pissarro please let me know.

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 17, 2015 12:41PM) (new)

Dlmrose wrote: "Sara2 post 442

The task A Reason to Party is task 15.10 not 5.10. I've credited it as 15.10. Please check your total
If you meant 5.10 - Pont Boieldieu in Rouen, Rainy Weather by Camille Pissarro..."

Thanks for catching that-I meant it as the task 'A Reason to Party'/use a book that's 2nd in a series, so I guess that is 15.10! Whoohooo, 10 points I wasn't expecting lol :)

Do you need me to re-post it with the correct points?

message 46: by Dlmrose (new)

Sara2 wrote: "Dlmrose wrote: "Sara2 post 442

If you meant 5.10 - Pont Boieldieu in Rouen, Rainy Weather by ..."

No need, please just correct your records

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Dlmrose wrote: "Sara2 wrote: "Dlmrose wrote: "Sara2 post 442

If you meant 5.10 - Pont Boieldieu in Rouen, Rai..."

thanks!

message 48: by Dlmrose (new)

Read60 post 456

Task 5.10 Completed tasks must include a link to the book you read

message 49: by Dlmrose (new)

Balletbookworm post 464

Task 20.3 requires " book that is a minimum of 250 pages long" Dear Mr. You has 240 pages

message 50: by Dlmrose (new)

Elizabeth B post 464

Task 10.4 Infected: Paris appears to be an ebook without a print edition. You must have it approved for length in Ebook page verification in General Help.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10